Contribute
Register

Thinkpad T540p Big Sur Screen Goes Black After Verbose Mode?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I solved the display brightness problem.

Started from scratch and get it working with proper display settings. Please, try with my EFI (attached) Just change SMBIOS accordingly (set to zero).
Working: Ethernet, Sound, iGPU with brightness, USBMap
Not done: WiFi - need to by AC7260 (my laptop uses BIOS v2.38 with WiFi whitelist)
Not working: Battery Indicator

The only thing that I don't know how to solve is battery indicator. I tried applying T440p battery indicator patch with "Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel" patch. I've got 16 errors (please see BatterFix_Errors.png). Attached is my original DSDT from my T540p (8GB, i5-4210m).

Could, anyone help me solving the battery issue? The rest is really good. I tried with RehabMan tutorial for battery patching. I simply couldn't make it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 191
  • BatteryFix_Errors.png
    BatteryFix_Errors.png
    187.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSDT_Orig.aml
    63.7 KB · Views: 37
  • battery_Patch_Lenovo-T440p.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 49
Did you make any progress? Is brightness ok?

Did you make any progress? Is brightness ok?
Yes brightness works, truly thank you for the help. I haven't been able to figure out the battery. How's your progress coming along?

@ZzzGun I've tried that before, I'll get a picture but no brightness control. When I changed the index to 03 when patching connectors using platform-id 0600260A I'll get a picture as well with full acceleration but no brightness slider and the built in display shows as a monitor instead laptop screen. If I leave the index at 00 it boots as normal but black screen, nothing from the display port. So the connectors routing seems to be where the problem is.
Replace these files in your ACPI

Attachments

• Brightness T540P.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 87

Attachments

• Brightness T540P.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 76
Someone might need it

Attachments

• EFI T540P.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 476
Replace these files in your ACPI
Ok, I'll check it now. Because I'm currently using the desktop platform id that k.kemec was able to figure out brightness on.

i tried it for the t540p with i7 processor. Does not wake up after sleep. Battery indicator is not working properly. Shows battery not charging when adapter is plugged in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back