Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad T490
CPU
i7-8565U
Graphics
Intel UHD 620
Hello,

I am trying to boot to the Catalina installer that I made with UniBeast. However, it does not make it past the plus signs. I have tried AptioMemoryFix.efi, I have tried replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi, and I have tried injecting my graphics ID. All of which have been claimed to fix my issue.

I have also searched far and wide for a Catalina (or even Mojave!) guide for my laptop, but was unsuccessful. I saw a few posts about successful installations, but they lacked details on their process.

I'm also not sure if I have my BIOS settings configured properly, as I could not find any information about recommended BIOS settings for my laptop. I assume the lack of information about hackintoshing this computer across the web is due to it being relatively new. It's a ThinkPad T490.

Information about my Catalina USB:
-Uses Clover UEFI
-Made using UniBeast
-USB 2.0 (plugged into 3.0 port)

Information about my laptop:
-Lenovo ThinkPad T490
-Processor: i7-8565U @ 1.8GHz
-Memory: 16GB DDR4
-Graphics: Intel UHD 620
-Storage: 1TB Samsung NVMe SSD

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help.

P.S. I tried installing Mojave too, but that USB wouldn't boot either. It kept restarting mid-boot. The verbose text flew by so fast I couldn't even make out what anything said. So if anyone can help with either the Catalina issue or the Mojave issue that would be much appreciated.

I have the same problem trying to install on a
HP Pavilion Laptop 14-ce0xxx
Intel UHD 620
i5 8250U

Unfortunately not. I gave up a while ago but if anyone figures it out please be sure to post a solution in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back