Motherboard
Mobile Intel QM77 Express
CPU
Intel I5 3320M 2.6GHz
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
The microphone on my Thinkpad T430 with ALC269 Realtek chip is not working. I've followed several guides but none of them were able to solve the issue. Audio seems to work just fine, but no mic.
Also, I think I saw somewhere that I am currently only getting USB2 as opposed to 3. I have to honestly say I haven't looked into that issue yet, so maybe I can resolve it myself, but if you have any suggestions that would be great.
For now my main question is with getting the mic to work.
I've used the tool to generate all the required reporting files, so I hope what I've attached is adequate.

Attachments

• debug_30108.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 271
Ok looks like the issues are a bit more diverse. I delved into the USB stuff but haven't got that fully sorted out yet. I'm still trying to figure that out further. But also, sometimes when I boot up the screen goes white and then shows all kinds of colors around the edges moving into the center of the screen, as if you're pressing hard on the screen and moving your fingers around. I need to reboot, and then it's fine again. This was also already the case in the situation in the attachment in my previous post.

Тhe same problem with the microphone.

The audio works with AppleALC.kext+Lilu.kext

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 17.25.52.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 17.25.52.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 446
Тhe same problem with the microphone.

The audio works with AppleALC.kext+Lilu.kext

I tried so many times but couldn't reach solution. I copied AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext to EFI - Clover - Kext - Other, after than i tried many number in config.plist - device - layout-id. What am i doing wrong?

I am having the same problem! Also, the audio doesn't seem to be as loud as in Windows. I did fix this using a different kext (AppleHDA), but I cannot figure out why using AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext won't work.

Looking at an update from a guide I followed (did not work for me):
Updating from 10.13.6 to 10.14.0 Mojave
- Installed new apfs.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
- Updated to newest kexts
- Moved all custom kexts from /S/L/E to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other for easier future upgrades.
- Copied old official IO80211Family.kext and IO80211FamilyV2.kext from HS S/L/E to Mojave S/L/E - to get Wi-Fi working (specific to my Wi-Fi adapter (Atheros AR5BHB92)).
- Downloaded and ran macOS 10.14.0 installer from App Store
- Rebooted after installation and (automatically) chose the Install option in Clover.
- If sound does not work (which was my case), you need Lilu and AppleALC kexts, they can be found in the kexts folder.
- Flush kext cache and see if audio is working again (with KextUtility).
- If not (I did not need to do this):
- Try adding -alcbeta -lilubeta to custom flags in Clover and set Devices -> Audio -> 28
- Flush kext cache to get audio working again (with KextUtility).
- Reboot and everything should work again. =)

@rgjleclaire @vladij @coldbluex @B3ASTYSMB I found a solution. From https://github.com/drasbeck/macos-thinkpad-t430/tree/master/kexts, download and install into /L/E and /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other:
AppleALC
CodecCommander
Lilu
WhateverGreen

Then, inject audio id 29 with Clover. Finally, patch your DSDT using the two files attached at the bottom:
-> First you'll need the vanilla .aml generated by your UEFI (BIOS)
When in the clover boot menu press F4 (and Fn+F4 just in case)
That’s it. You can find the files needed in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin

-> Then disassemble the DSDT.aml only:
open the file directly with MacIASL

-> patch your DSDT.dsl with all the code from file “…-dsdt-patch.txt” using MacIASL
it includes only the necessary code to Thinkpad T430
* choose low resolution for 1366 x 762
* choose high resolution for 1600 x 900 or +
Click Patch and paste text file.

-> Compile and save file as DSDT.aml in MacIASL to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Let me know how it goes.

Attachments

• low-resolution-dsdt-patch.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 141
  • high-resolution-dsdt-patch.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 124
Status