Contribute
Register

ThinkPad S440 Battery Status: DSDT patching

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACPIBacklight.kext
IntelBacklight.kext
were disabled in config.plist anyway

I replaced ACPIBatteryManager.kext with SMCBatteryManager.kext, still no luck enabling battery status in System Preferences :(
noticed you have hotpatch for your battery but no renames in config.plist?

also you have a dsdt as well, not defined in config.plist, what patches did you do in there?

The DSDT patches are my "patches in progress" I don't really remember now what I did there, so it is just not enabled in the config.plist. I tried to have a "cleaner" approach, thus I put all my patches to appropriate SSDTs and enabled them one by one (though battery status still does not work).

I have renames in config.plist only for enabling keyboard function keys, because I don't know what to rename to make my battery status work.

Also, I can see entries in Console showing ACPI errors, please refer to attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 13.13.53.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 13.13.53.png
    284.1 KB · Views: 76
The DSDT patches are my "patches in progress" I don't really remember now what I did there, so it is just not enabled in the config.plist. I tried to have a "cleaner" approach, thus I put all my patches to appropriate SSDTs and enabled them one by one (though battery status still does not work).

I have renames in config.plist only for enabling keyboard function keys, because I don't know what to rename to make my battery status work.
well, you need to know if you are using a hot patch battery ssdt

otherwise use a clean dsdt with battery patch to test

I would like to hotpatch using SSDT.

Could you please take a look at the screenshot attached to previous post?
you need to patch your DSDT first and then move on to hotpatch for your battery

there is a battery guide here:

i am lucky on my laptop, no dsdt or hotpatch is required to get mine to appear just using virtualsmc and smcbatterymanager.kext

Do I understand that Console log correctly? Some methods are being executed due to Battery status updates (say, power adapter managed to "pump" my battery by given amount) but the execution fails because the method to be executed contains wrong/unsupported by macOS code?

still no luck
According to kernel.log, you've ACPI errors: double declaration of EC device.
Why you added SSDT-EC.aml? If not necessary, remove it...
SSDT-BAT.aml is necessary for two batteries. If it's not your case, remove it.

I replaced ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext is installed and loaded. That's ok.
Unfortunately, your device BAT0 _BIF method is not returning the correct data and DSDT needs to be patched.
You need an extra-work, so, trying to pointing the right direction: _BIF is using method GBIF but a Mutex BATM with non-zero is used. MacOS doesn't support non-zero mutex...
I'm not using OC, however, you should activate the correspondent Clover FixMutex, then you can patch GBIF
Hoping you're skilled enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back