ThinkPad E580 - 1.12 - Clover
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620, 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, guys,

I'm trying to install macOS on this notebook, but I'm getting error in AppleHDA. I've tried to change audio layout in config.plist, but that hasn't helped. My audio codec is CX20753/4, which should be supported by AppleALC.

Thanks for any ideas

Attachments

• IMG_20181214_164555.jpg
    IMG_20181214_164555.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 203
  • clover.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Hi, guys,

I'm trying to install macOS on this notebook, but I'm getting error in AppleHDA. I've tried to change audio layout in config.plist, but that hasn't helped. My audio codec is X20753/4, which should be supported by AppleALC.

Thanks for any ideas

Is your attempt to boot stopping there, or are you actually able to boot?

Is your attempt to boot stopping there, or are you actually able to boot?

I'm sorry, the installation starts, I just haven't waited long enough. It takes around 15 minutes for the installer to start, is it normal to be so slow?

I get 3 AppleACPICPU timeout then the installation will start.

Last edited:
i´ve got the same audio codec on my e570 and can confirm that if you follow this two guides, it will work 100%
check https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/

and then https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-intel-fb-patcher-v1-6-8.254559/

good luck!

Thank's for the suggestion, I've tried it but I am still receiving the same message. The system eventually boots after ~15 minutes, but that's not usable.

Update:
I've resolved the problem using RehabMan's clover build. But now I have only 7mb VRAM.

Update 2:
Most functionality is working now including HW acceleration, I've used plist for HD graphic cards, although this is UHD. However, internal microphone doesn't seem to work. Is it working for you?

Last edited:
Seems a few of us have e580’s

Would be very grateful if you could link me what Kexts you’re using to get hardware / sound / touchpad etc working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back