Contribute
Register

Thinkpad E540 Mojave 10.14 (update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booting, Display is working. Thx.
Battery status doesn't show up.
Backlightcontrol doesn't work.
Any idea on USB?, Thinking about getting eeprom patched and using pcie card.
Thanks for support.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Attachments

• debug_7362.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 73
Update: Built-in Screen "blinking" as described before patch, came back.
Newest Problem Reporting files attachment.
thanks in advance.

You will need to provide details regarding:
Built-in Screen "blinking"
and "before patch"

You will need to provide details regarding:
Built-in Screen "blinking"
and "before patch"
the Built-in screen shows macos boot screen normal, no boot screen garble. Finally booted is shows Login Screen for a second, then black screen (backlight on) and after that Login screen shows up random for a second. External Display (HDMI), plugged in AFTER boot, works fine. plugged in before boot, booting, then restart.
I had the same problem before, implementing cpu, gpu pm correctly and backlight. After that installation, it worked fine, problem seemed solved, after installation of Photoshop and longer standby, problem came back. Only difference, no bot with external display plugged in.
THX

the Built-in screen shows macos boot screen normal, no boot screen garble. Finally booted is shows Login Screen for a second, then black screen (backlight on) and after that Login screen shows up random for a second. External Display (HDMI), plugged in AFTER boot, works fine. plugged in before boot, booting, then restart.
I had the same problem before, implementing cpu, gpu pm correctly and backlight. After that installation, it worked fine, problem seemed solved, after installation of Photoshop and longer standby, problem came back. Only difference, no bot with external display plugged in.
THX

Are you saying the issue only happens when you boot with the external monitor connected?
What do you mean by "no bot"?
Did you set BIOS correctly? (CSM/legacy boot enabled)?

Are you saying the issue only happens when you boot with the external monitor connected?
What do you mean by "no bot"?
Did you set BIOS correctly? (CSM/legacy boot enabled)?
No, the Built-in display shows up same error, no matter external display plugged in or not.
Only difference is between external display plugged in before booting or after.
In case of plugging in before switching the notebook on macOs won't boot.
no boot means in my case: Progress bar fully loaded, Notebook reboots.
will boot verbose later, to check on errors.
will check bios, should be right.
more on that later.
thx.

No, the Built-in display shows up same error, no matter external display plugged in or not.
Only difference is between external display plugged in before booting or after.
In case of plugging in before switching the notebook on macOs won't boot.
no boot means in my case: Progress bar fully loaded, Notebook reboots.
will boot verbose later, to check on errors.
will check bios, should be right.
more on that later.
thx.

Your profile is still not fixed as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

The SSDT and the hotpatch are mainly made by sniki, as part of his L440 Guide, only slightly modified.
Thank you for your, answer, I will work on that later and report then.
Should I work with that SSDT or start from scratch?
The results are expected, it's logical that the same files won't work on different Laptop, as a matter of fact even Thinkpad T440/T440S/T440P have major differences on their ACPI that they require different guide per each as same files won't work.

Will check your files later and provide you new files.

he Built-in screen shows macos boot screen normal, no boot screen garble. Finally booted is shows Login Screen for a second, then black screen (backlight on) and after that Login screen shows up random for a second. External Display (HDMI), plugged in AFTER boot, works fine. plugged in before boot, booting, then restart.
THX
You have 128MB DVMT patch enabled into Kernel and Kext Patches, Disable it and Enable 9MB cursor patch.
You didn't read the guide when you took the files, this part was already explained.
Only unlocked Bios can change DVMT to 128MB.

Normal Bios does have 32MB DVMT so it's expected that the 128MB DVMT patch will cause screen blinking and almost impossible to show image on the screen.
Thats the first thing i spotted & experienced when i first started.

Do the changes and see if it bypasses that issue.

Last edited:
@eXoliner Here are the files for testing.
Use the attached config.plist & Patched Folder.
Reboot, test what is and what is not working

Install also Intelgraphicsfixup.kext -https://sourceforge.net/projects/intelgraphicsfixup/
Lilu.kext - https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases
shiki.kext -https://github.com/vit9696/Shiki/releases

Create a folder on desktop with name IGPU and place shiki.kext, lilu.kext, intelgraphicsfixup.kext on that folder.

Open terminal:
Code:
cd desktop/IGPU
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/
then rebuild caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Reboot !

Open IOregistryExplorer

Grab a USB 2.0 Device (mouse/keyboard/2.0usb flash drive or whatever usb2 device).
Plug it on first usb port, hold it for 3 sec, eject, then plug it on the other port, repeat until you do this on all usb ports that your laptop has.

After you finnish.

Grab a USB 3.0 device (external HDD/USB3.0 Flash Drive or whatever usb3 device).
Do the same like above.

After you finish, Save a copy of IOREG and upload it here so i can create usb port injector to fix usb ports.

Attachments

• config.plist
    15.4 KB · Views: 250
  • Patched.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back