Contribute
Register

Thin mini itx build ga-H110TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have built a hackintosh using the h110-s2hp gigabyte motherboard - however I am having trouble getting El Capitan to recognise the zotac GeForce GTX 970 4gb graphics card and also the audio drivers alc887. I have tried the nvidia website and have run multibeast with no success. Anybody got any ideas on resolving these issues?

hi I am interested in building hackintosh mini

Will the ga-h110tn work with multibeast?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5880#sp

I can only find some information of h110 chips in another post but they are for the mini itx from Asus not thin mini itx

Will ga-h170tn be a better choice?

Thanks

Either should work. The differences between the two (other than the chipset):

GA-H110TNGA-H170TN
Memory Type / CapacityDDR4 SO-DIMM / up to 32GBDDR3L SO-DIMM / up to 16GB
Graphics PortsDisplayPort 1.2 & HDMI 1.4DisplayPort (unspecified), HDMI 2.0, and LVDS
Ethernet PortsIntel GbE x 2Realtek GbE x 1
Expansion Slots 1 x PCIe x4 3.0 slot, 1 x Mini PCIe/MSATA slot (full-size), 1 x MiniPCIe slot (half-size) 1 x PCIe x4 3.0 slot, 1 M.2 slot for the Wifi/Bluetooth module, 1 x M.2 socket 3 (PCIe x4) slot
Storage Ports 2 x SATA 6GB/s (plus the aforementioned MSATA slot) 4 x SATA 6GB/s (plus the aforementioned M.2 socket 3 slot)
USB Ports4 x USB 3.0/2.0 (back panel), 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 (internal headers) 6 x USB 3.0/2.0 (4 back panel, 2 internal headers), 5 x USB 2.0/1.1 (internal headers)

Overall I'd say the GA-H170TN would be a better choice, unless you specifically need two Ethernet ports or more than 16GB of RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back