Contribute
Register

Thierry's First Build: “Mac Midi” GA-B75M-D3H / i3-3225 / 8GB / HD 4000 / Temjin TJ08-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
I continue to explore and test my new build.

The HDMI is working fine with the adapter HDMI to DVI and a second display.
I really missed having dual monitors, in these first 10 days...

I also try to follow on USB stories (USB2 and 3, on USB ports, with hub, etc.)
Tonight, I finally got my USB3 flash drive and could do some test.
Transferring a 473MB file to the USB sticks.
What a deception! I got same time to transfer from USB2 port or USB3 port... 27s

But I continue to test.
I got my old USB2 sticks (a Corsair Flash Voyager and a Sony Micro Vault, both USB2.0 8GB)
They only work on the USB2 ports and it took 58s to transfer the same file.

At least, I am releaved. The USB3 drive is better. :mrgreen:
But now, I'm still puzzled that I get the same speed on all ports. (USB2, USB3, front, back, with my USB2 hub)

There should be a difference.

I will continue to dig around. (Unless, you, experienced reader, have the answer to my stupid questions. ;))

Is your USB3 Flash drive the Transcend JF700? I have one also. The write speed for this drive is quite slow but reads are fast.

Transcend JF700 USB3.0 16GB
USB2 - Write: 19.5 Read: 40
USB3 - Write: 19.5 Read: 70

Ah nice build!

Ive just purchased the same ram, cpu and board to install in a G5 case and have now stumbled upon your thread so nice to see everything working well :)

Will bookmark this thread for your settings.

Nice build.

I'm still debating whether to go for a mini ITX or mATX build. For the mATX, I was thinking of the Fractal Define Mini case but I've been informed that it's quite big. The TJ08 seems a lot dinkier - how's it working out for you? You said in your first post that it was louder than you expected. Is that still the case? Everything else fit inside okay (PSU etc)?

Thanks!

Thanks Kevin and Blue Ocean
its nice to see some readers from time to time.

You know why I chose the mATX... Just because I did not have a need to built a super small size, and I could save few bucks. If you don't have a specific use for the ITX, just get the mATX.

For my temjin, all is fitting perfectly inside. It was very easy to build.
I would recommend to be your PSU size.

It was loud due to my HDD. Nothing else.
It's not like the Sonata series (or other similar) where there is a dump material all over the sides
but for the silence of the front fan, yes, it's perfect

oh... Not completely perfect.
It is not working at full speed be aide of some incompatibility between the motherboard "fan socket".
But it's not an issue for me. I would never run it at high speed. I don't have a warm computer.

Sorry to reiterate, but I'm about ready to press the buy button on a very similar config (same board, but with a3770 non-k, since I want to do som video-editing).

But from what I read you had very few hiccups and the worst ones were related to the use of a usb2 stick in a usb3 port? I have a macbook pro, so it should not be a problem to make new Multibeast-sticks. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot BTW for sharing this!

Sorry to reiterate, but I'm about ready to press the buy button on a very similar config (same board, but with a3770 non-k, since I want to do som video-editing).

But from what I read you had very few hiccups and the worst ones were related to the use of a usb2 stick in a usb3 port? I have a macbook pro, so it should not be a problem to make new Multibeast-sticks. Is that correct?

Thanks a lot BTW for sharing this!

Sorry for this late reply.
Just back to the internet world, after holidays...

Yes, if you have a MBPro, it will be very easy to prepare your USB stick.

If you succeed with your build, don't forget to post a message on our other topic for this mother board : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/73712-many-success-builds-ga-b75m-board.html

Or even, you could open your own topic, in this part of the forum, for the users's builds.

Hi Thierry

I've got the same build as you but revision 1.1 M/B and no SSD, I had a couple of problems installing but got them sorted out. Next I want to ask if you have HWmonitor working showing all temps? If so can you please post your fakeSMC.kext?

heya! love you build, i wanna do it as well. perhaps with a i5 3570k. would that work as well?

also, did you run geekbench on your machine? what did it score? :)

if you have HWmonitor working showing all temps? If so can you please post your fakeSMC.kext?

Hi Skite
I don't have HWnonitor. I'm running a small config and nothing is warming up. Even with only the front fan.
I should try it later.
Until now all was running smoothly. I did not want to touch more into the config. 

Zephyer,
this i5 will work as well. It is widely used on other builds. Usually for some overclocking. But this "basic" motherboard doesn't allow you any OC.
I ran geekbench at the very beginning but never posted the score.
i will do it again for you.
I also have to test my USB3 with my new HDD and post last results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back