Contribute
Register

Thermaltake View 31 Dual Tempered Glass ATX Mid-Tower for $45 after Rebate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the 5.25" slots?
They have gone the way of the floppy disk drive, not found in modern cases. You would have to do some creative case modding to make some 5.25" or 3.5" drive bays. Thermaltake could have easily put two of them in the front of the case.

They didn't because liquid cooling is the current "cool" thing to do. Many people put 280 or 360mm rads in the front part of the case, making front drive bays nothing more than an eyesore. The younger generation scoff at the use of optical drives due to the lower cost and higher speed and storage capacities of USB flash drives.

Last edited:
where do I put my 5.25" optical drive and my sata hot swap 3.5" HDD bay?
If you need two 5.25" bays this case from Fractal Design has those and pretty good build quality. The downside is the Acrylic side panel but if you can live with that it might work for you.

11-352-069-V12.png

Last edited:
I'm wondering how Apple's new 2019 MP will deal with the dust. Those will pull lots of air through the case and there are zero filters. Wonder what trick they are using. Maybe they just don't even worry about dust as with the iMac line ?

My Mac mini does not seem to have much dust in it. And my 2013 Mac Pro only ever seemed to have dust on the top of it; like it blew all the dust out the top. I keep my house rather dust free, and I do not smoke in my house. But I would imagine most production houses have at least weekly house keeping.

on these cases above, where do I put my 5.25" optical drive and my sata hot swap 3.5" HDD bay? Where are the 5.25" slots?
Have a look at the Aerocool 800 case on sale at Amazon. Has two 5.25" drive bays in front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back