Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't modify plist to disable inject Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniBeast version - 9.1.0
  2. UniBeast choices - "install macOS Mojave", Mojave, "UEFI Boot Mode", "Inject NVIDIA
  3. USB partition scheme, GPT or MBR and size of the destination partition. - No idea whether it's GPT or MBR, how do I find out? I just partitioned the whole thing with disk utility, Size of the partition is 31,61GB
  4. System specifics where UniBeast was run including hardware configuration and macOS version. - 13" MBP 2018 version. macOS Mojave 10.14.3
  5. Error message - There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't modify plist to disable inject Intel
  6. Contents of UniBeast.log - see attached
  7. Contents of install.log - see attached

Attachments

• install.txt
    253 bytes · Views: 745
  • UniBeast.txt
    200 bytes · Views: 624
  1. UniBeast version - 9.1.0
  2. UniBeast choices - "install macOS Mojave", Mojave, "UEFI Boot Mode", "Inject NVIDIA
  3. USB partition scheme, GPT or MBR and size of the destination partition. - No idea whether it's GPT or MBR, how do I find out? I just partitioned the whole thing with disk utility, Size of the partition is 31,61GB
  4. System specifics where UniBeast was run including hardware configuration and macOS version. - 13" MBP 2018 version. macOS Mojave 10.14.3
  5. Error message - There was an error creating your UniBeast drive: Couldn't modify plist to disable inject Intel
  6. Contents of UniBeast.log - see attached
  7. Contents of install.log - see attached

1. USB partition scheme, GPT or MBR and size of the destination partition. - No idea whether it's GPT or MBR, how do I find out? I just partitioned the whole thing with disk utility, Size of the partition is 31,61GB
  • New (Never used) USB flash drives are factory Erased in FAT and MBR Partition Scheme .
  • When you connect that USB Flash drive to a Mac/Hackintosh and then launch Disk Utility , you have to first go to its menu and then click
    • View > [√]Show All Devices [See Image]
  • Locate your USB Flash drive as External Drive on the Left Panel [See Image]
  • On the Right panel Details of your Selected Flash Disk (FD) will be displayed as shown
    • Disk Brand Name
    • Disk Size in GB
    • Current Name: "No Name"
    • Current Partition Map: Master Boot Record
  • If you don't check this step and click Erase you will get a Disk with MBR partition and MacOS Extended (Journaled) Format [See image]
  • Unibeast method wants GUID+HFS+J or else can cause error to appear.
  • The last image is the correct Option selection to Erase in DU for Unibeast Method.

Attachments

• 1.DU USB Erasing.png
    1.DU USB Erasing.png
    206.9 KB · Views: 5,730
  • 2.DU_USB Erase Default Options .png
    2.DU_USB Erase Default Options .png
    325.6 KB · Views: 5,663
  • 3.DU_USB Erase Unibeast Method suggested Options .png
    3.DU_USB Erase Unibeast Method suggested Options .png
    334.7 KB · Views: 6,164
  • 4.Unibeast Suggested Erase of USB in DU.png
    4.Unibeast Suggested Erase of USB in DU.png
    333 KB · Views: 5,983
Why did you choose Inject NVIDIA? From the UniBeast Optional Graphics Configuration page description: For desktop systems with older NVIDIA graphics cards such as GeForce 8xxx, 9xxx, 2xx, 4xx, 610, and 630.

The only way you can get this failure is multiple EFI partitions mounted, write error to USB or USB drive removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back