Contribute
Register

There are many G5 Mods, but this one is mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS STRIX 270G
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. iMac
Since I owned a Powerbook G4 I wanted to own also a PowerMac and later a Mac Pro, but Apple never made one for me. One Tower Mac that I could argue to buy. After more then 15 years of using apple hardware I decided to build my own tower Mac. So there it is.

Design:

I got the inspiration for the design for many parts from the design of the original Mac case and from modern cases. I tried to combine the ideas and preserve as many parts as possible. The DVD-Drive and SSDs do have one air Chamber. The GPU and CPU is divided into two sections and the PSU under the cover is also in its own air chamber. I only use the grey Noctua fans because I think they fit the case best.

Hardware:
  • ASUS Strix 270G
  • CPU Intel 6600K
  • AMD RX 480X
  • 32 G.Skill RipJaws (repainted)
Some Tools I Used
  • Montana Spray Cans 285912 400 ml, Silver Chrome
  • Dremel
  • Metall Saw
  • A lot of parts from amazons. Screws, Cables etc.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Last edited:
The light is controlled by a raspberry pi which is located under the cover. The light can be controlled by a push button i installed under the Case. It can be static, pulsed (like the sleep LED in the older MacBooks) and off.
ezgif-4-d0ff9f709d69.gif
IMG_1351.jpeg

Last edited:
Inspired! Currently working on an Iron man theme but have the hardest time designing the interior. This looks fantastic

Could we see some pics of the back side I/O of the case ? Wondering how you needed to modify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back