Contribute
Register

The Volume Mavericks HDD Could Not Be Verified (Dual Boot Win7 + Mavericks 10.9.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi all, total noob here. I've had a look around on the forum to see if I can find a solution but my brain's kind of exploded!

I have a dual boot hackintosh running Windows 7 & Mavericks 10.9.5 on a partitioned SSD (no idea what brand it is. Gigabyte Ultra Durable?) that I bought around 2 years ago. Everything worked seemingly well up until last week when I got the following message "The Volume Mavericks HDD Could Not Be Verified. CPU Halted". And that's all she wrote.

This is my boot up screen and the single user mode where I foolishly tried the FSCK -fy line. No idea what anything means or what I'm doing.

Dual Boot Start Up.jpg Volume Error on FSCK.jpg

I tried a software called MacDrive10 which allowed me to see the drive on my Windows screen. When I tried to fix/repair the HDD, the status bar went from green to red after completion. Think I read that this means the disk is corrupt? Again, no idea.

Note: The Windows 7 side works fine.

What I'd like is a way to either a fix or a step by step guide on how to format the Mavericks side and do a clean install. And when I say step by step, I mean something a 2 year old could understand!

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Bozzie.

I just ran into the same problem, any fixes? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back