Contribute
Register

The Ultimate Low Cost Big Sur Hackintosh - Core i5 Dell Optiplex 3020 SFF

Sorry I meant displayport

I just tried a display port cable direct to the monitor same ressults

I just tried a display port cable direct to the monitor same ressults
Zip up the EFI folder you are booting with and I'll take a look at it.

The bios is update I have checked bios setting many times I
Zip up the EFI folder you are booting with and I'll take a look at it.
Ok I will do that later thanks

How about some bling for your 3020 SFF ? You can get these pre-painted in Black, Gold and Silver. Just released on August the 25th. The Gold looks too yellow for my tastes. I like the black and Silver though. My preference for a hackintosh would be the Silver edition. It would take a lot of time to paint one of these, not even considering the cost of the paint.

1661653071863.png

For ten dollars more you can even get RGB lighting in front. Not for me, but some people like that.

1661653740061.png

Newegg has these too: https://www.newegg.com/p/1VK-0001-69MY1?

Last edited:
Hi trs96, I have been reading these posts pretty closely as I just ordered two Dells to play with. One is a Dell Inspiron 3880 (i5-10400) and the other is a DELL OPTIPLEX 3070 (INTEL CORE I5-9500 3.00GHZ). I am fairly comfortable building Hackintoshes and using OpenCore. Do you think your EFI at #3 will work or should I build them using the OpenCore guide? (I have an OpenCore guide one ready to go but would love a prebuilt one)

I am guessing yours would be a different chip type and will have different Quirks etc. Would it be pretty close as these are all Dells?

Your guides have been very well written and helpful. Thanks for the work you do (as well as the rest of the folks at TonyMac).

Would it be pretty close as these are all Dells?
When using Opencore things are really chipset specific so 4th gen (H81) EFI folders probably won't work with a 9th or 10th gen system. The 3070 probably uses H370, not sure what the 3880 has. I usually stay with the Optiplex line instead of Inspiron from Dell. The BIOS of the Optiplex models is more hack friendly.

Thanks for your response. I should be able to build them myself and will post the EFIs to perhaps help others.

Wanted to reiterate what an amazing product this is for your 3020 SFF connected to a 2K or 4K monitor. I've been using Ivanky cables for a year now and love the quality and performance. I can see a difference in the sharpness of text on my display compared to using cheaper cables. This one sells for $13.99 on Amazon and is only one dollar more than the DP to HDMI active adapter they sell. So if you don't already have a 4K/60 capable HDMI cable this is the best choice I've found. These will hold up over time and last years longer than cables that only cost a few dollars less. Links are in post #1 of this thread.

DisplayPort to HDMI Cable 3.3ft, iVANKY Uni-Directional​

1664330872626.png

Last edited:
Back