Contribute
Register

The Ultimate Low Cost Big Sur Hackintosh - Core i5 Dell Optiplex 3020 SFF

so I currently boot 10.9 or 10.14
10.14 still supports the latest versions of Chrome, FireFox and Opera so you really don't need to multiboot with Mavericks yet. Hopefully we still get to enjoy Intel UHD630 support in macOS 14 and 15. After that, I'm afraid the end of Intel support is near.

I'm still using it for audio applications, so I currently boot 10.9
I probably didn't find the right english syntax to say that I use audio applications that only run under 10.9 (namely Avid Pro Tools 10 with its many expensive plugins, that would literally cost me thousands of bucks to renew for current MacOS...) As I'm not using it professionally any more, I won't spend that money. And if I live long enough, I'll keep a 10.9 capable machine around forever. :mrgreen:

Welcome hoobash,

First thing, you have to have patience to make a hackintosh. Without that it's just a lot of stress and no fun. Slow down and don't expect instant results.

Next, you have fill out your profile in detail. dell/intel/onboards isn't going to be good enough.
We need: Dell Optiplex 3020 and the form factor for Motherboard. May be SFF or MT.

Then your specific Intel CPU such as i5-4570 or i7-4770 etc. Graphics should be HD4600.
Its not been fun and been stressful I would think following the guide would get me results it hasn't I updated my to info you asked for

What does MY after 3020 mean ? Do you have the micro form factor ?

Screen Shot 15.jpg

I have a micro tower I updated typo
Good, the MT is compatible with this guide. What exactly is the problem you are experiencing ?

Good, the MT is compatible with this guide. What exactly is the problem you are experiencing ?
It just stops during the install I posted a screen shot in my first post

I have gone thru this guide 3-4 times and tried another guide same results the other guide I get to a apple logo and thats it

I have gone thru this guide 3-4 times and tried another guide same results the other guide I get to a apple logo and thats it
What port (on the dell) is your monitor connected to ?

Back