Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Ok so I've done a bit of research and I finally bought Snow leopard from Apple and plan on finally getting my hackintosh together. Here is the information on my computer:

ASUS P8P67 PRO (REV 3.0)
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
GIGABYTE RADEON 6870
I5-2500K
120 GB SSD
320 GB HDD (Storage)
1TB HDD (Storage)

I'm still trying to decide whether I should just boot SL and W7 off of the SSD and use the other 2 drives as storage for each OS or find something else, what do you think?

Everything looks good, but if you can afford it you might as well get 8 GB of ram, it's so cheap right now and then you won't have to worry for a long time.

As for the drives, DO NOT put windows and OSX on the same disk, it only causes problems. Choose which OS you will be using more and install it on the SSD and then use a HDD for storage, then just install the other OS on the left over HDD. (Ideally you could have a second SSD for the other OS, but that's not necessary).

ChiefWizard said:
Everything looks good, but if you can afford it you might as well get 8 GB of ram, it's so cheap right now and then you won't have to worry for a long time.

As for the drives, DO NOT put windows and OSX on the same disk, it only causes problems. Choose which OS you will be using more and install it on the SSD and then use a HDD for storage, then just install the other OS on the left over HDD. (Ideally you could have a second SSD for the other OS, but that's not necessary).

I actually do have 8gb of ram I was just copy pasting :p

Thanks for the advice on the HDD's, I'll probably put MAC on the 320gb then because I'll use windows more often.

Any advice on how to go about dual booting?

Separate HDDs/SSDs are recommended for dual booting.

A mechanical 250GB, 320GB HDD will suffice for Windows/Linux.

Got past that and formatted my drive then got the Mac OS X could not be installed on your computer

the installer could not copy the necessary files.

click restart to restart your computer a try installing again

Any ideas? :D

10-30 seconds if all is well, up to 5mins if something's wrong. That or its hanging and will stay like that.

Boot with -v and see where it stops. Also see if it will boot in safe mode ( -x ).

Edit: Srry, you posted when I was typing, make sure the had you wanna install lion on is plugged into the first sata port, make sure your bios settings are correct (ahci enabled, hpet on 64bit). Once the installer boots, open disk utility and format the drive to OSX journaled with guide partition table. Then install, it should work.

ChiefWizard said:
10-30 seconds if all is well, up to 5mins if something's wrong. That or its hanging and will stay like that.

Boot with -v and see where it stops. Also see if it will boot in safe mode ( -x ).

Edit: Srry, you posted when I was typing, make sure the had you wanna install lion on is plugged into the first sata port, make sure your bios settings are correct (ahci enabled, hpet on 64bit). Once the installer boots, open disk utility and format the drive to OSX journaled with guide partition table. Then install, it should work.

Thanks I'll double back and make sure I've done all that :p

Still trying to figure out why I can't get past the logo and the spinning wheel.

Boot w/ GraphicsEnabler=NO @ Chimera

jester969 said:
Boot w/ GraphicsEnabler=NO @ Chimera

Ok so I was able to get to the installation process but it gave me a error and said it couldn't install the necessary system files. I haven't tried the Chimera part yet but I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back