Contribute
Register

"The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking or changes in voltage."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
i5-2500K
Graphics
HIS 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everybody, when I start up my machine (2500k on a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 w/ 8GB 1600mhz Kingston HyperX), I occasionally get this message at boot time:

"The system has experienced boot failures because of overclocking or changes in voltage. Latest settings in BIOS may not coincide with current H/W states"

However, I AM NOT REALLY OVERCLOCKING! The only changes I have made are setting Turbo to enabled and setting my RAM to XMP Profile 1 so that it runs at 1600mhz instead of 1333. Why would these basic changes cause a boot failure? Any suggestions guys? I don't know much about OC'ing, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

When setting the RAM to XMP did it OC the CPU?

Also, in the BIOS area where it lists Voltages have you activated Load Line Calibration?

The CPU is OC'd, but I think that's due to turbo rather than the memory. I looked under "Advanced Voltage Settings" and didn't see an option for Load Line Calibration.

With Turbo off and XMP on, the CPU goes to 3.4mhz max.

How did you solve your problem? I am having the same issue after a hard reboot.

I had a similar issue when I first put together my newest i7 build. I quickly reset the board back to default - the issue for me was the RAM - it wouldn't go past 1866 mhz. Some RAM will run higher frequency and others won't. Might be the case for you....

Stick to stock settings and then retrace your steps to get your OC performance back.

Having the same issue using gigabyte p55 usb3 rev2. Disable sleep option in settings to temporary fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back