Contribute
Register

THE Solution:Dell DW1820A (Broadcom BCM94350ZAE) macOS 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you upload the debug.zip, i really want to prove my method work. Is it a laptop? maybe upload the brand and model too.
uploaded the debug, this config am using i so random because sometimes when i restart wifi works but bt never works, please let me know what am doing wrong.

Attachments

• debug_23255.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 122
also make sure your USB ports are configured correctly
i did Thanks a lot! learned more about Rehabman USBInjectAll, Hackman tools is pretty awesome.

uploaded the debug, this config am using i so random because sometimes when i restart wifi works but bt never works, please let me know what am doing wrong.
I have updated the config.plist for you, u can see the changes yourself, it should be fixed for good.

Attachments

• config.plist
    15.9 KB · Views: 203
  1. Install Kext:
    1. Bluetooth: https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM
    2. Wifi: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup
  2. No need to modify any system kext
  3. add a property to the WIFI card (change to your path)
    XML:
    <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x3)/Pci(0x0)</key>
    <dict>
    <key>pci-aspm-default</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
  4. See screenshot for clover config, get the path from hackintool.
    1. View attachment 438406
    2. View attachment 438403
  5. Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My 2 DW 1820A, 1 wierd DW1560, all work just add the method you suggest in my acer swift514-53t without ASPM bios setup. Yeah, thanks.

Last edited:
Cant get Bluetooth to work on Catalina. According to Acidanthera the newest repo does not support DW1820a (at least it is not listed?!)
Patched my card as usual to get around the system hogging process (does not matter if these patches are present), added your little patch. Installed kexts in Clover:
AirportBRCMFixup.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-08 um 12.41.51.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-08 um 12.41.51.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Cant get Bluetooth to work on Catalina. According to Acidanthera the newest repo does not support DW1820a (at least it is not listed?!)
Patched my card as usual to get around the system hogging process (does not matter if these patches are present), added your little patch. Installed kexts in Clover:
AirportBRCMFixup.kext, BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
For wifi, you don't need other properties, just use the "pci-aspm-default", and remove the "brcmfx-driver=X" boot arg if you have.
For bluetooth:
In system information, can u get:
Firmware Version: v7 c4689
If you can, my method currently is,
  1. Set the bluetooth USB port to USB 2.0 instead of internal
  2. Sleep my laptop, wake the laptop
  3. software unplug the bluetooth, (I plug it in VMware and unplug it)
  4. then bluetooth is normal
  • This has to be done for every sleep.

I don't know a better fix.
but disconnect, reconnect the bluetooth works for me.

Where exactly in system information? Bluetooth is empty and Firmware Version is not displayed in PCI.
Currently booting with USBInjectAll and PortLimitPatches to be sure.

Edit: Just to clarify I had the same card working on mojave on my XPS 13 9360. Now using it in a HP Envy 13 10th gen on Catalina.

Attachments

• debug_6919.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 85
Last edited:
  1. Install Kext:
    1. Bluetooth: https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM
    2. Wifi: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup
  2. Don't modify any system kext, remove the "brcmfx-driver=X" boot arg if you have
  3. add a property to the WIFI card (change to your path), remove all other properties.
    XML:
    <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x3)/Pci(0x0)</key>
    <dict>
    <key>pci-aspm-default</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    </dict>
  4. See screenshot for clover config, get the path from hackintool.
    1. View attachment 438406
    2. View attachment 438403
  5. Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Bluetooth:
In System Information -> Bluetooth
Or
ALT + Shift + press the bluetooth icon on the menu

If you can get:
Version: v7 c4689

My method currently is,

1. Set the bluetooth USB port to USB 2.0 instead of internal
  2. Sleep the laptop, wake the laptop
  3. Software unplug the bluetooth, (I plug it in VMware and unplug it)
  4. then bluetooth is normal

• This has to be done for every sleep.

I don't know a better fix.
but disconnect, reconnect the bluetooth works for me.
I believe this method is for Bluetooth adapter with this card but not internal PCI, your method worked with me once and never worked again. not sure what happens - i keep testing this card but so far i got stable wifi.

I have updated the config.plist for you, u can see the changes yourself, it should be fixed for good.
There are no other changes except you removed brcm-driver=1 and change device properties right ? i gonna update to Catalina and report back. so far windows is 100% working driver=1 and other properties, mac side only Wifi and drops after few mints and system becomes slow af.

There are no other changes except you removed brcm-driver=1 and change device properties right ? i gonna update to Catalina and report back. so far windows is 100% working driver=1 and other properties, mac side only Wifi and drops after few mints and system becomes slow af.
correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back