Contribute
Register

THE Solution:Dell DW1820A (Broadcom BCM94350ZAE) macOS 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey "hugotai" I was really glad to find "THE Solution" today for my 1820A card today. I was trying to get I to work the last days from different other sources but it was not working.
I did everything as described:
I Put:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
to EFI/kexts/other

and added the device property in Clover:
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x7)/Pci(0x0,0x0) -->pci-aspm-default / 0 / number

and I didn't find brcmfx-driver=X even if I didn't know directly were to look, I looked directly in the .plist, so I would say it is not set!

If I reboot my system it comes up, but I don't have Bluetooth, and no Wifi (I look to Network settings and try to add a Network but there is no) correct?
My Setup is:
Wifi Dongle on Ethernet EN1 an OS X Catalina, ASUS Zenbook UX310

Hopefully you can help me, I will serve you a coffee! E.g. in Germany or by Paypal ;-)

Bye BAngel
for wifi use this path:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x7)/Pci(0x0)

for bluetooth:
i didnt have good solution yet, :(

Guys, all of you having issues with cold boot in macOS or after wake from sleep.

Try adding the change _OSI to XOSI rename into config.plist /ACPI/DSDT/Patches
It can be found on the config.plist templates of Rehabman: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_UHD630.plist

Code:
                    <key>Comment</key>
                    <string>change _OSI to XOSI</string>
                    <key>Disabled</key>
                    <false/>
                    <key>Find</key>
                    <data>X09TSQ==</data>
                    <key>Replace</key>
                    <data>WE9TSQ==</data>

And add this SSDT-XOSI.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
Note: it is .dsl open it with maciASL and save it as .aml

Reboot and it should fix those problems.

This does emulate Windows and it should solve those problems
Thank you. This solved my issue and I even have a different card - BCM94352 HMB.

So i have been using my 1820a for a while now, in my Thinkpad X1 Carbon. I originally started using Catalina, with the modded 802.11 kext. It works pretty well, with crashes only on boot. Once i get into the OS, it is solid.

But with the recent findings of the pci-aspm, i wanted to try the vanilla method. I partitioned my drive, and tried the vanilla unmodified way. I got wifi and Bluetooth working, however, wifi is only 802.11n, no AC. Is there any fix for that?

Currently using Catalina kexts + AirportBRCM + Country=US, but i also tried with no kext, no boot args, and declaration of 1434, 4353.

later today, i will try these scenarios. 1580135988917.png

In reference to my last post, i have now figured out my issue. The reason 5ghz was not working was something between AirportBRCMFixup and declaring the compatible:4353 id.

I switched to compatible:43a3(theoretically i can just remove this, since it the real id of my card), and AirportBrcmFixup 2.0.5. No more Yosemite kexts, and it is rock solid!

Thanks to the god who found the pci aspm thing!

In reference to my last post, i have now figured out my issue. The reason 5ghz was not working was something between AirportBRCMFixup and declaring the compatible:4353 id.

I switched to compatible:43a3(theoretically i can just remove this, since it the real id of my card), and AirportBrcmFixup 2.0.5. No more Yosemite kexts, and it is rock solid!

Thanks to the god who found the pci aspm thing!

Are you currently on Catalina?
Did you mask any pins on your card?

Are you currently on Catalina?
Did you mask any pins on your card?

Yes, i am on Catalina, 10.15.2. No pin masking, it actually breaks wifi completely for me

Yes, i am on Catalina, 10.15.2. No pin masking, it actually breaks wifi completely for me

EDIT: Attached Kexts Folder, and config.plist
Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 4.30.31 PM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    15.9 KB · Views: 110
I saw in another thread you had BCM94356xxx

did you ever get that working?

i have
BCM94356ZEPA50DX_2

other posts on the internet say BCM94356xxx is not compatible, but my bluetooth works great using only BRCMPatchRam, bluetooth injector etc. kexts and nothing else. My wifi doesnt work though.

The really weird thing is that the first time i booted with the card, even before i set up my bluetooth USB port, the wifi worked and populated the list of available networks. So i think it must be possible somehow?

For some reason my card stopped being identified at all - couldnt find it in hackintool PCI section and IOReg. But BT still worked. very strange.

I had a identical second card (bought 2 just in case) and tried that. removed all kexts and patches and wifi worked again immediately on startup. some 5G networks werent available, but it did work totally OOB without any kexts or config. Then I added the Bluetooth injector back, bluetooth worked, but very poorly, dropouts and disconnects. I tried adding the BrcmRAM kexts back, testing both the latest and the ones in your post. No improvement, but eventually after a few reboots Bluetooth disappeared completely - not detected at all by the system. Couldnt get it to be seen again no matter what kexts i was using. But wifi continued to work!! :D

So now i have 2 cards, one where wifi doesnt work, and one where BT doesnt work :D

Either I have defective hardware or maybe this particular card is not good. :(

I've given up for now, i'm going to see if a different DW1820 (BCM94350Z) works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back