Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Assume you meant SSDT-X99-TB3HP.aml, because that is what is in the SSDT repository.
Kevin

That’s the latest version, yes.

That’s the latest version, yes.
OK I have made some progress. I modified the SSDT and I seem to get everything showing up correctly, however it does not hot plug. Is there a source for what you used to get this to work. I can continue to work on this I just need to understand a few more things.

Kevin

OK I have made some progress. I modified the SSDT and I seem to get everything showing up correctly, however it does not hot plug. Is there a source for what you used to get this to work. I can continue to work on this I just need to understand a few more things.

Kevin

You have the same mobo and you also use the Alpine Ridge. Thus I don’t know why there sould be anything changed within the SSDT to make hotplug work. What did you change so far?

This guide is one of the most complete and useful for X99 and Haswell-E, I have been able to fix a lot of garbage I had in my current EFI configuration.

But there is this thing that is confusing me, I see a lot XCPM patches in your guide, but I have been able to run the system just fine by just using the KernelXCPM in Clover Configurator.

Is there any difference between your manual patches and this KernelXCPM?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 6.59.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 6.59.00 PM.png
    27.8 KB · Views: 95
This guide is one of the most complete and useful for X99 and Haswell-E, I have been able to fix a lot of garbage I had in my current EFI configuration.

But there is this thing that is confusing me, I see a lot XCPM patches in your guide, but I have been able to run the system just fine by just using the KernelXCPM in Clover Configurator.

Is there any difference between your manual patches and this KernelXCPM?

This guide dates back to 2017, while you might use a recent Clover version. KernelXCPM has been introduced to clover recently and just automatically selects the else manually implemented Kernel patches which can be mostly disabled when checking KernelXCPM.

This guide dates back to 2017, while you might use a recent Clover version. KernelXCPM has been introduced to clover recently and just automatically selects the else manually implemented Kernel patches which can be mostly disabled when checking KernelXCPM.

Nice, thanks for your time.

Hello @kgp
Thank you for the best X99 guide.
10.12.6 been running smoothly for a year, for my system Clover needs to use both OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi and Test2-2016.efi to fix AllocateRelocBlock error.

Thank you.

Reactions: kgp
You have the same mobo and you also use the Alpine Ridge. Thus I don’t know why there sould be anything changed within the SSDT to make hotplug work. What did you change so far?
Slot locations and the device address info. See here:

Code:
External (_SB_.PCI0, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.BR3A, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.BR3A.D07C, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (_SB_.PCI0.BR3A.H000, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (D07C, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)
    External (DTGP, MethodObj)    // 5 Arguments (from opcode)
    External (H000, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode

and any instance there after, as well as Slot names just to be correct.

Kevin
P.S. New hardware just started to arrive today for the next build. 299 here I come.

Reactions: kgp
I would also like to make an SSDT for my Black magic card and Areca Card so a little primer would go along way for me.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back