Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to thank the OP for making this guide. Thanks to this thread, as well as the one here (specific to my motherboard), I have my first Hackintosh. However, I have a problem.

I'm running 10.12.6 with the latest web drivers. Everything appears to be working, except that I have issues with my build getting bogged down at random times, and sometimes it gives out completely. I can play games on Ultra settings all day, but then the simplest things will cause me trouble. I'd be engaging in light browsing or something like that, and then things just get slow, stuttered, and sometimes glitchy (finder not showing the side panes or buttons, etc). Sometimes if I let the computer sit idle for too long, it has to "wake up" again and for 10-15 seconds, everything lags like crazy. One time I was too quick to start using it, and after going to type an address into Safari, the whole thing freezes (though I was still able to move the mouse). Another time, I was browsing through my saved photos via Quick Look, and I guess I got to a photo that it didn't like, and I see a black rectangle where the picture should be, and then the screen goes black. I checked the same set of photos later, and it caused no such issue.

I ran LuxMark stress tests, and one of the scenes starts to give me the same symptoms I am randomly suffering from.

I have the 1060 plugged into a PCIe x4 slot right now, because when I was doing the build I was afraid of the heatsink making contact with the card (I'm using a Noctua DH-15, or something like that, so it's huge). The instructions for my motherboard were not clear on the bandwidth of this port in single card usage, so I didn't find out about my mistake until I had everything assembled and working. I will be moving the card to the proper PCIe x16 slot soon, but I'm waiting on some cable extensions and ties before I open it up again (might as well only open it once, you know?).

So, my question is, can the bandwidth bottleneck between a x4 slot and a x16 slot cause these issues that I'm seeing, or are nvidia's web drivers really that terrible? I'm starting to regret not going for RX Vega, but I couldn't afford it at the time. It should be noted that I've already run memtest, and my RAM checks out just fine. This seems to be a graphics issue.

I just had it happen again when switching tabs in Safari. I went back to a previous tab and everything where the page is supposed to be displayed was just black, and the whole rig lagged like crazy. Close the tab (if I can manage to do it), and everything is fine again.

How can you install a 16x PCIe GPU in a 4x PCIe slot? That's really not a good idea and might be the source of all your issues.

You always have to perform an UEFI installation of Windows with exactly the same BIOS settings as recommended for OSX.

Never perform a Legacy Windows Installation on an UEFI Dual Boot System.

This will just cause troubles nobody wants.

Most important thing.. Disable CSM in the mainboard BIOS..
That explains a lot! Thanks a lot I'll give this a shot.

Reactions: kgp
Hi to all!
Can anyone please help me to fix input language reset after shutdown and audio output device?
I've adding another language input and changing Audio output device each time after cold boot. Those setting are NEVER stored somehow. And I don't understand - why is so? Does anybody has something like this? I tried to search forum and Google this but it seems that many people has similar behaviour but no solution posted or I wasn't able to find it.
deleting com.apple.systempreferences from home/Library/Preferences does not help
Sierra 10.12.6

Last edited:
I don't have my hackintosh anymore and want to crete a hackintosh on the board.

It is possible to upload the bios file in the first section that I could flash on my system?

I have Sierra 10.12.3 install USB for skylake. Would this work? or am I going to need a hackintosh to customize the installer/BIOS?

I would like to report success with Asus X99 Deluxe-II with the guide. - Thank you again!

Report success with Gigabyte X99P-SLI with a Intel 6800K overclocked to 4.0Ghz, thank you very much for the guide!

@kgp what does this do? Package Clamping Limitation #1....... : 0 (disabled)

Attachments

• 4Ghz Overclock.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Hi again KGP and fellow colleagues. My Hack's been running flawlessly for months now still on 10.12.5 and have gone back to your guide to tweek my CPU Power Management and need some help. Basically I can't seem to load the x86Platformplugin.kext. These are my steps

1. a) "Kernel and Kext Patches" - Yes have the correct "IOPCIFamily" kext to patch values and the same Kernel to patch values as you (I also have a Broadwell-E 6850k cpu) - see attached screenshot. Note: I have found checking "Apple RTC" and "AppleIntelCPUPM" boxes, as you did, is leading to unstable performance in my M.2 system disk so far.

2. "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" should return "1". - Yes

3. implement ssdtPRGen.sh into a terminal with new 4000 turbo tweak in terminal - Yes

4. ssdtPRGen.sh generates a SSDT.aml file in ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/
Copy the SSDT.aml from ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ - Yes

5. System boots with new SSDT.ami in EFI - Yes

6. Verify that in the ioRegistryExplorer you have now under CP00@0 the following entry:

Code (Text):
Property: Type: Value:
plugin-type Number 0x1. - No (see attached screenshot)

7. kextstat|grep -y x86plat. - Returns nothing.

8. "/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext" is missing.

9. Don't want to continue until I have this part worked out.

10. Also on my BIOS these three options are disabled and greyed out so I can't change them.
  • CPU C3 Report: Enabled
  • CPU C6 Report: Enabled
  • Package C State Limit: C6(non Retention) state
Anyone's help is always greatly appreciated.

IO Registry Explorer.png Kernel to Patch.png System : Library :Extensions.png

Hello everyone. I have an Asus X99-A from a few years back and a 5820K i7 processor and 4GB Nividia 1050 GPU.

I found a good Youtube video on how to create a Hackintosh for the X99-A. But I'm having trouble with the Terminal command. When I copy and paste what was written in this post, I get the following reply after i type in my password.

Code:
sudo: /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found
Can someone please help me.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone. I have an Asus X99-A from a few years back and a 5820K i7 processor and 4GB Nividia 1050 GPU.

I found a good Youtube video on how to create a Hackintosh for the X99-A. But I'm having trouble with the Terminal command. When I copy and paste what was written in this post, I get the following reply after i type in my password.

Code:
sudo: /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found
Can someone please help me.
Thanks

This is probably obvious but is the OS Sierra installer in your applications folder? The terminal command is searching for it there.

Hi again KGP and fellow colleagues. My Hack's been running flawlessly for months now still on 10.12.5 and have gone back to your guide to tweek my CPU Power Management and need some help. Basically I can't seem to load the x86Platformplugin.kext. These are my steps

1. a) "Kernel and Kext Patches" - Yes have the correct "IOPCIFamily" kext to patch values and the same Kernel to patch values as you (I also have a Broadwell-E 6850k cpu) - see attached screenshot. Note: I have found checking "Apple RTC" and "AppleIntelCPUPM" boxes, as you did, is leading to unstable performance in my M.2 system disk so far.

2. "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" should return "1". - Yes

3. implement ssdtPRGen.sh into a terminal with new 4000 turbo tweak in terminal - Yes

4. ssdtPRGen.sh generates a SSDT.aml file in ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/
Copy the SSDT.aml from ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ - Yes

5. System boots with new SSDT.ami in EFI - Yes

6. Verify that in the ioRegistryExplorer you have now under CP00@0 the following entry:

Code (Text):
Property: Type: Value:
plugin-type Number 0x1. - No (see attached screenshot)

7. kextstat|grep -y x86plat. - Returns nothing.

8. "/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext" is missing.

9. Don't want to continue until I have this part worked out.

10. Also on my BIOS these three options are disabled and greyed out so I can't change them.
  • CPU C3 Report: Enabled
  • CPU C6 Report: Enabled
  • Package C State Limit: C6(non Retention) state
Anyone's help is always greatly appreciated.

View attachment 314690 View attachment 314691 View attachment 314692

Anyone able to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back