Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I'm sure I'll get it working eventually! Hopefully... aha

Judging my the amount of people with a successful install with your guide it's defiantly user error (me) at fault here! :(

When I format the USB itself (not the partition but the usb itself) in Disk utility does that remove the EFI that I installed myself or not? Maybe that's where my issue lies if so.

I have no doubt in some user error(s) at your side!! :lol: And "some" is kind and polite in this case :lol:

Concerning the formatting see my reply, which I just sent a few seconds ago.

The EFI partition is created and formated during the CLOVER install and has nothing to do with Disk Utility. With the latter you are also not able to create, access, format or delete the EFI partition!

Cheers

KGP

By the way, I still to not understand how you could format the EFI partition with Disk Utility. By formatting the USB Flash drive with "Mac Os Journaled" and "GUID Partition Table", up to my knowledge you do not touch the EFI partition. Please don't confuse the readers with your misleading ideas.... :shh:

Sorry I defiantly wasn't trying to mislead anyone. I didn't realise that formatting with those settings via disk utility wouldn't format the EFI of the USB I was using, I think that's where hopefully all my problems have arised from.

What I've done now is formatted that USB I was previously using to as "master boot" with "exfat" to completely remove the EFI partition made my clover on that USB (to my understanding that's how to remove the EFI made by clover) then reformatted it as the correct settings detailed in your guide (Mac Os Journaled) and (GUID partition table) it's now currently reinstalling OS Sierra onto the USB.

problems have come from

I have no doubt in some user error(s) at your side!! :lol: And "some" is kind and polite in this case :lol:

Concerning the formatting see my reply, which I just sent a few seconds ago.

The EFI partition is created and formated during the CLOVER install and has nothing to do with Disk Utility. With the latter you are also not able to create, access, format or delete the EFI partition!

Cheers

KGP

Haha it's ok 100% something I've done.

Ahh ok so if I were to use a USB again that I previously used clover to install the EFI partition, format it using the correct settings in disk utility would that actually keep the previous EFI or replace it?

Sorry I defiantly wasn't trying to mislead anyone. I didn't realise that formatting with those settings via disk utility wouldn't format the EFI of the USB I was using, I think that's where hopefully all my problems have arised from.

What I've done now is formatted that USB I was previously using to as "master boot" with "exfat" to completely remove the EFI partition made my clover on that USB (to my understanding that's how to remove the EFI made by clover) then reformatted it as the correct settings detailed in your guide (Mac Os Journaled) and (GUID partition table) it's now currently reinstalling OS Sierra onto the USB.

problems have come from

Haha it's ok 100% something I've done.

Ahh ok so if I were to use a USB again that I previously used clover to install the EFI partition, format it using the correct settings in disk utility would that actually keep the previous EFI or replace it?

Did you read my replies above at all?????

DISK UTILITY IS NOT ABLE TO CREATE, ACCESS, FORMAT OR DELETE THE EFI PARTITION!!!!

THE EFI PARTITION, IF NOT ALREADY PRESENT, IS CREATED AND FORMATTED DURING THE CLOVER INSTALL!!! IF YOU REINSTALL CLOVER, ONLY THE CLOVER RELATED CONTENT OF THE EFI PARTITION IS REWRITTEN OR REPLACED!

IF YOU FORMAT YOUR DISK WITH "macOS JOURNALED" AND A "GUID PARTITION MAP" YOU DO NOT TOUCH AT ALL THE EFI PARTITION!!!

IF YOU WANT TO DELETE, REPLACE OR EDIT THE CONTENT OF YOUR EFI PARTITION, YOU HAVE TO DO IT MANUALLY!!!

:mad: Man, if you would be able to listen once! :mad:

It is really hopeless... o_O

Last edited:
Sorry KGP, I defiantly did read and understood what you were saying regarding disk utility not formatting the EFI partition created by clover I just wanted to clarify that Clover would write over a partition it had previously made if I were to reinstall the EFI via clover which you've confirmed.

Sorry for the frustration, I've just reinstalled clover onto the USB and am now attempting an install with the EFI I sent you but am currently stuck on "PCI configuration begin" again using the same BIOS settings, usb ports and USB I was using previously. Obviously I've completely screwed up (again).

I'll keep attempting an install...

Sorry KGP, I defiantly did read and understand what you were saying regarding disk utility not formatting the EFI parition created by clover I just wanted to clarify that Clover would write over a partition it had previously made if I were to reinstall the EFI via clover which you've confirmed.

Sorry for the frustration, I've just reinstalled clover onto the USB and am now attempting an install with the EFI I sent you but am currently stuck on "PCI configuration begin" again using the same BIOS settings, usb ports and USB I was using previously. Obviously I've completely screwed up (again).

I'll keep attempting an install...

Of course it replaces during the reinstall all files previously installed by Clover! It also depends which files you select under customization. All clover files not selected but previously installed will be removed during the reinstall. All clover files additional selected and not installed before will be added.. None-clover files manually added (e.g. config.plist, kexts etc..) will remain untouched! More questions?

Did you install clover, subsequently delete the content of the EFI partition, copy the EFI partition you sent me, once more reinstall Clover and finally check if there is just the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and no other OsxAptioFixDrv**.efi??? Exactly in this order??

@sammybee, you really have to loose this knot now by yourself! Over and out! :rolleyes:

Good luck :thumbup:

Last edited:
Of course it replaces during the reinstall all files previously installed by Clover! It also depends which files you select under customization. All clover files not selected but previously installed will be removed during the reinstall. All clover files additional selected and not installed before will be added.. None-clover files manually added (e.g. config.plist, kexts etc..) will remain untouched! More questions?

Did you install clover, subsequently delete the content of the EFI partition, copy the EFI partition you sent me, and once more reinstall Clover??? Exactly in this order??

@sammybee, you really have to loose this knot now by yourself! Over and out! :rolleyes:

Good luck :thumbup:

That completely makes sense, thank you for clarifying that.

No I installed Clover, then after it had created the EFI partition I copied the EFI files I sent you over the EFI partition Clover had created then attempted an install. Do I then have to reinstall clover after copying those files over? :eek:

That's ok you've already spent so much time helping me out!

Thank you :)

That completely makes sense, thank you for clarifying that.

No I installed Clover, then after it had created the EFI partition I copied the EFI files I sent you over the EFI partition Clover had created then attempted an install. Do I then have to reinstall clover after copying those files over? :eek:

That's ok you've already spent so much time helping me out!

Thank you :)

Of course you did not do what I told you before! Just see my last question in my reply above!!!!

Did you install clover, subsequently delete the content of the EFI partition, copy the EFI partition you sent me, once more reinstall Clover and finally check if there is just the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and no other OsxAptioFixDrv**.efi??? Exactly in this order??

And then please look if xHCI is set to "SMART AUTO"!!! I hope at least you remember which port you used when successfully booting with your USB flash drive yesterday!

Last edited:
Sorry KGP, where I've gone wrong is not reinstalling clover after adding in OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and the kexts from the EFI I sent you. I've done the exact process you've just described and am currently just getting "kmod start.com.app" as the last line in -v mode with no install screen.

"xCHI" is set to "Smart Auto" and I'm using the same port as the successful install the other day.

Sorry, I know it seems like a lost cause I'd just really love to get this working.

Sorry KGP, where I've gone wrong is not reinstalling clover after adding in OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and the kexts from the EFI I sent you. I've done the exact process you've just described and am currently just getting "kmod start.com.app" as the last line in -v mode with no install screen.

"xCHI" is set to "Smart Auto" and I'm using the same port as the successful install the other day.

Sorry, I know it seems like a lost cause I'd just really love to get this working.

But it is really unbelieveable!!!

You are not even able to read 6 lines in bold and red!!!

You should

1.) install clover
2.) delete the content of the EFI folder
3.) copy the ENTIRE content of the EFI folder you sent me to the now empty EFI folder on your USB flash drive
4.) reinstall clover and
5.) check after the SECOND reinstallation of clover if you just have the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and no other OsxAptioFix*Drv*.efi in the EFI folder on your USB flash drive!

Would it be possible after writing you FOUR TIMES THE SAME INSTRUCTIONS that you finally do what I am saying??? Exactly in this order???

Last edited:
But it is really unbelieveable!!!

You are not even able to read 6 lines in bold and red!!!

You should

1.) install clover
2.) delete the content of the EFI folder
3.) copy the ENTIRE content of the EFI folder you sent me to the now empty EFI folder on your USB flash drive
4.) reinstall clover and
5.) check after the SECOND reinstallation of clover if you just have the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi and no other OsxAptioFix*Drv*.efi in the EFI folder on your USB flash drive!

Would it be possible after writing you FOUR TIMES THE SAME INSTRUCTIONS that you finally do what I am saying??? Exactly in this order???

That's been my process for all of my installs. The only thing I didn't realise was that after installing clover, adding the kexts from your guide and adding OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi was that I'd then need to install clover onto the USB again after making those changes to the EFI.

I do apologise for the confusion, I have been listening to your instructions and do appreciate the patience you've had with me.

After retrying the install over 15 times now with every single step correctly done I've still been unsuccessful at getting to the install screen.

I don't want to take up more of your time, hopefully I'll be reporting back with a successful install at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back