Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
The boot should not take much more than 1 minute! For installation boot in devug mode anyway!

Good luck:thumbup:

Bummer it was defiantly stuck at 100% then :(

Thanks! I'll confirm the bios settings and try again.

Edit: Switched over to a USB2 and had no luck either :/

Edit* Weird as heck, actually started working I got to the initial screen asking you to connect a mouse it then crashed once I went to the next screen. Without changing a thing I re-attempted to install again and was met with an error page of text in debug. I'm not sure what the heck is going on now?

Edit**: Managed to get back to the install screen and past that original crash before being greeted with "This copy of the install macOS Sierra application is damaged" :(.

Last edited:
Bummer it was defiantly stuck at 100% then :(

Thanks! I'll confirm the bios settings and try again.

Edit: Switched over to a USB2 and had no luck either :/

Edit* Weird as heck, actually started working I got to the initial screen asking you to connect a mouse it then crashed once I went to the next screen. Without changing a thing I re-attempted to install again and was met with an error page of text in debug. I'm not sure what the heck is going on now?

Edit**: Managed to get back to the install screen and past that original crash before being greeted with "This copy of the install macOS Sierra application is damaged" :(.

Well at least you are able to boot again! Now download oncemore the Sierra installer, format you USB flash drive and get the hopefully complete installer there. Then it shall work!

Don't touch anymore the BIOS or EFI folder and make a backup of the latter!

Cheers,

KGP

Well at least you are able to boot again! Now download oncemore the Sierra installer, format you USB flash drive and get the hopefully complete installer there. Then it shall work!

Don't touch anymore the BIOS or EFI folder and make a backup of the latter!

Cheers,

KGP

I actually haven't been able to boot into the installer since then :/ everything is exactly the same except I re-formatted the USB, installed Sierra onto it and put the EFI I sent you back onto the USB.

I can't thank you enough for helping me so far, I've already spent the better part of the week trying to get it installed haha.

I actually haven't been able to boot into the installer since then :/ everything is exactly the same except I re-formatted the USB, installed Sierra onto it and put the EFI I sent you back onto the USB.

I can't thank you enough for helping me so far, I've already spent the better part of the week trying to get it installed haha.

1.) When you reformat your USB Flash Drive, the EFI folder remains untouched! Therefore it is not necessary to replace the EFI folder again as you did!

2.) If you did not change the EFI folder, it is impossible that the USB Flash Drive occasionally boots and occasionally not! It either boots always or never!

I don't know what you are doing man! o_O

1.) When you reformat your USB Flash Drive, the EFI folder remains untouched! Therefore it is not necessary to replace the EFI folder again as you did!

2.) If you did not change the EFI folder, it is impossible that the USB Flash Drive occasionally boots and occasionally not! It either boots always or never!

I don't know what you are doing man! o_O

I actually reformatted the entire USB (not
just the install partition) in case the install failed because the USB wasn't correctly formatted but you're right I should of just formatted the install partion of the USB and re-attempted the install without formatting the efi partition as well.

Obviously I've screwed something else up, I'll-refollow your guide again and use the same efi I sent you earlier with the bios settings that I was using to get the install to correctly work earlier and see how I go.

Sorry really don't want to waste your time! I'll keep trying and if I can't get it to work I'll report back.

I actually reformatted the entire USB (not
just the install partition) in case the install failed because the USB wasn't correctly formatted but you're right I should of just formatted the install partion of the USB and re-attempted the install without formatting the efi partition as well.

Obviously I've screwed something else up, I'll-refollow your guide again and use the same efi I sent you earlier with the bios settings that I was using to get the install to correctly work earlier and see how I go.

Sorry really don't want to waste your time! I'll keep trying and if I can't get it to work I'll report back.

How did you format the EFI partition? :eek: uffff....and which format did you use?

1.) The best is you install once more the latest version of clover on your USB flash drive to have the format of the EFI partition correctly done...

2.) Then you delete the content of the EFI partition without formatting it this time!!!!!

3.) Then you copy the EFI folder you sent me there

4.) Then you once more install the latest version of clover and check that your only OsxAptioFix*.efi is the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi!!!

5.) Then boot with the stick via the USB port that successfully worked last time and install Sierra

If I would not know that you will not follow my instructions and that you will screw up your system several times more, I definitely would sleep and feel better! :lol:

Cheers man,

KGP

How did you format the EFI partition? :eek: uffff....and which format did you use?

1.) The best is you install once more the latest version of clover on your USB flash drive to have the format of the EFI partition correctly done...

2.) Then you delete the content of the EFI partition without formatting it this time!!!!!

3.) Then you copy the EFI folder you sent me there

4.) Then you once more install the latest version of clover and check that your only OsxAptioFix*.efi is the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi!!!

5.) Then boot with the stick via the USB port that successfully worked last time and install Sierra

If I would not know that you will not follow my instructions and that you will screw up your system several times more, I definitely would sleep and feel better! :lol:

Cheers man,

KGP

I formatted it via Disk Utility formatting the entire USB (not just the partition) with "Mac Os Journaled" and "GUID Partition Map". I've also attached that below.

1.) I'll go ahead and do that!
2.) I defiantly won't do that again, I see how much of a mistake that was now. Normally I wouldn't in this case I thought it was a format error because of the failed install message from the Sierra installer (which I was of course wrong about).
4.) I've 100% been using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of the OsxAptioFix*.efi with all my EFI's so far.
5.) I'll give it a try!

Thanks KGP, I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you guiding me through this. I can understand how this is just as frustrating for you as it is for me and defiantly do not want to be screwing up my system.

I'll give it another go in the morning and if I'm still unsuccessful I'll put together a video of my entire install process (only if that's something you'd have time to look at, totally understand if you don't!) .

Thanks again!

Attachments

• usb-format-process.jpg
    usb-format-process.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 73
Please no video! :lol:

It is normally really a trivial and straight forward process!

A video of creating a USB flash drive certainly would be some potential overkill ;)

Please no video! :lol:

It is normally really a trivial and straight forward process!

A video of creating a USB flash drive certainly would be some potential overkill ;)

Haha I'm sure I'll get it working eventually! Hopefully... aha

Judging my the amount of people with a successful install with your guide it's defiantly user error (me) at fault here! :(

When I format the USB itself (not the partition but the usb itself) in Disk utility does that remove the EFI that I installed myself or not? Maybe that's where my issue lies if so.

I formatted it via Disk Utility formatting the entire USB (not just the partition) with "Mac Os Journaled" and "GUID Partition Map". I've also attached that below.

1.) I'll go ahead and do that!
2.) I defiantly won't do that again, I see how much of a mistake that was now. Normally I wouldn't in this case I thought it was a format error because of the failed install message from the Sierra installer (which I was of course wrong about).
4.) I've 100% been using the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of the OsxAptioFix*.efi with all my EFI's so far.
5.) I'll give it a try!

Thanks KGP, I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate you guiding me through this. I can understand how this is just as frustrating for you as it is for me and defiantly do not want to be screwing up my system.

I'll give it another go in the morning and if I'm still unsuccessful I'll put together a video of my entire install process (only if that's something you'd have time to look at, totally understand if you don't!) .

Thanks again!

By the way, I still to not understand how you could format the EFI partition with Disk Utility. By formatting the USB Flash drive with "Mac Os Journaled" and "GUID Partition MAP", up to my knowledge you do not touch the EFI partition. Please don't confuse the readers with your misleading ideas.... :shh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back