Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you wreck the boot? Which xHCI setting was the successful one?

Embarrassingly enough I did while hiding a windows partition in the clover configurator GUI tab that I didn't want to see but managed to hide all my partitions and wasn't able to boot from clover of course. I didn't have a proper backup at the time and when I modified the plist file via booting into Windows it still wouldn't boot and I ended up just erasing the drive figuring I'd be able to instal it again (6 hours later lol still haven't managed to) .

Smart auto was the correct xHCI setting

Embarrassingly enough I did while hiding a windows partition in the clover configurator GUI tab that I didn't want to see but managed to hide all my partitions and wasn't able to boot from clover of course. I didn't have a proper backup at the time and when I modified the plist file via booting into Windows it still wouldn't boot and I ended up just erasing the drive figuring I'd be able to instal it again (6 hours later lol still haven't managed to) .

Smart auto was the correct xHCI setting

Ok I agree, Smart Auto is the correct setting. I checked your EFI folder, everything is fine for a very basic install. Do you use the latest clover boot loader? Latest mobo BIOS?

Revise all BIOS settings. I guess the error must be there.

If nothing else works out try a USB 2.0 stick...

The install of the ASUS X99 Deluxe II must be straight forward if you properly follow my guide!

Cheers!

Ok I agree, Smart Auto is the correct setting. I checked your EFI folder, everything is fine for a very basic install. Do you use the latest clover boot loader?

Revise all BIOS settings. I guess the error must be there.

If nothing else works out try a USB 2.0 stick...

The install of the ASUS X99 Deluxe II must be straight forward if you properly follow my guide!

Cheers!

I believe so, I'm using v2.4k r4128.

Alright I'll go ahead and double check! I really hope it is.

Also, I just changed from x3000 x2000 for boot and switched from debug mode to have a look at the normal load screen and I have the apple logo with the bar progressing... Is this what I should be seeing if the install was correctly working? Here's what it looks in debug as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
I believe so, I'm using v2.4k r4128.

Alright I'll go ahead and double check! I really hope it is.

Also, I just changed from x3000 x2000 for boot and switched from debug mode to have a look at the normal load screen and I have the apple logo with the bar progressing... Is this what I should be seeing if the install was correctly working? Here's what it looks in debug as well.

You need x2000 as correctly set in the config.plist of the EFi Folder your sent me before! Don't apply further changes to the EFI folder. The one you sent me is fine!

I you do not use the debug mode, the normal booting mode is the progressing bar under the apple logo. If your boot is successful you should subsequently immediately enter the Sierra installation screen. However if you boot in debug mode, you also should end up in the Sierra installation screen.

You need x2000 as correctly set in the config.plist of the EFi Folder your sent me before! Don't apply further changes to the EFI folder. The one you sent me is fine!

I you do not use the debug mode, the normal booting mode is the progressing bar under the apple logo. If your boot is successful you should subsequently immediately enter the Sierra installation screen. However if you boot in debug mode, you also should end up in the Sierra installation screen.

Sorry about that for most of the attempted installs it was set to x2000 just for a couple I changed it to x3000 just in case. It actually looks like it's working now! It's almost at the end of the progress bar but I'll report back and let you know. Could it of possibly been the usb ports I was using? (when the bootflag was set to x2000 )

Usually I'll go to debug just so I know it's actually installing correctly or if somethings wrong, in this case I just wanted to give you as much information as possible.

Sorry about that for most of the attempted installs it was set to x2000 just for a couple I changed it to x3000 just in case. It actually looks like it's working now! It's almost at the end of the progress bar but I'll report back and let you know. Could it of possibly been the usb ports I was using? (when the bootflag was set to x2000 )

Usually I'll go to debug just so I know it's actually installing correctly or if somethings wrong, in this case I just wanted to give you as much information as possible.

You did not change the BIOS settings now?

You did not change the BIOS settings now?

No I just tried a different usb port again this time using the very first USB 3.0 port on the back of the board

No I just tried a different usb port again this time using the very first USB 3.0 port on the back of the board

But you should revise the BIOS settimgs anyway! To do so I guess it would be easier to choose my maxOS High Sierra 10.13 desktop guide. There you can find a nice summary off all BIOS settings, which alo apply for 10.12.

Cheers

But you should revise the BIOS settimgs anyway! To do so I guess it would be easier to choose my maxOS High Sierra 10.13 desktop guide. There you can find a nice summary off all BIOS settings, which alo apply for 10.12.

Cheers

Don't worry I defiantly will be double checking everything :) I'll take a look!

Still waiting on that install... it's sitting at 100% so hopefully it reaches the installation screen soon. Thanks so much for your help!

Don't worry I defiantly will be double checking everything :) I'll take a look!

Still waiting on that install... it's sitting at 100% so hopefully it reaches the installation screen soon. Thanks so much for your help!

The boot should not take much more than 1 minute! For installation boot in devug mode anyway!

Good luck:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back