Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. Many thanks. For this guide.
I made it work the first time. And it's my first hackintosh.:headbang:
But, I am not yet convinced that I have done everything right. Although I have verified that it is completely stable.
My computer is a 6850K and gives 20500 benckmark. Is this correct?

I have followed almost all your guide until finalizing the section on XCPM. But I stopped here because I'm afraid to overclock the computer.

I have not followed the part about the USB configuration of the sound because it already works.

Doubts and Observations:

- In the section XCPM, when I made "kextstat|grep -y x86plat", the command returns:

Code:
80 1 0xffffff7f81cf3000 0x17000 0x17000 com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) 7A4289C8-1162-389D-8FBF-99730287DB72 <79 73 41 19 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
112 1 0xffffff7f81d0a000 0x7000 0x7000 com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim (1.0.0) 8E873270-42BC-309E-ACE0-EAE2333623C6 <80 79 73 7 4 3>

And this is different from what appears in the guide. Is it right?

- When I look at Input Sound in System Preferences. I see like a microphone is connected to the computer. But there is not microphone. Is this normal?

View attachment 262126

- About the "Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) Implementation", it seems that is not necessary if I don't do overclock. Do you recommend to do that? I'm a little afraid to break something in the last step. Also I think that with the EIST the computer will expend more power. Am I wrong?

Sorry for my poor english, google translate helped me write this entry.
I thank you very much for this fantastic guide, which has allowed me to continue working with Mac os!

a.) 20500 for a 6850K without OC seems reasonable.
b.) As long you have "com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin" and "com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim" running you are fine.
c.) You have the microphone interfaces even no microphone is connected, also this looks fine.
d.) In fact EIST has nothing to do with overclocking. It allows you to achieve correct idle up to max. CPU frequencies. Especially thanks to the correct idle frequencies your computer will expend MUCH LESS power than without EIST and PMDrvr.kext enabled. You do not risk anything if you enable EIST in the BIOS and copy PMDrvr.kext to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/ directory. Two steps easily to be undone at any time in case PMDrvr.kext causes instabilities of your system. The biggest disadvantage of using PMDrvr.kext is however that sleep/wake will not work on your system...

In any case do not forget to frequently clone (backup) your system disk, once you have a perfectly stable and fully functional system!

Cheers,

KGP

I followed this guide with a ASUS X99-A II, i7-6850K and GeForce Titan X (Pascal). I've been up and running for almost a week now, without a single crash or kernel panic. Running 10.12.5.

However, every now and then the entire screen will freeze for maybe about 30 seconds (all updates such as the time seconds stop) - as if it had crashed. Then after it has un-freezed, the mouse is super-laggy for maybe another 30-seocnds or so. When this occurs, it feels like one screen refresh every second or two. Then after some time it goes back to normal with everything being butter-smooth.

Has anyone seen this?

I followed this guide with a ASUS X99-A II, i7-6850K and GeForce Titan X (Pascal). I've been up and running for almost a week now, without a single crash or kernel panic. Running 10.12.5.

However, every now and then the entire screen will freeze for maybe about 30 seconds (all updates such as the time seconds stop) - as if it had crashed. Then after it has un-freezed, the mouse is super-laggy for maybe another 30-seocnds or so. When this occurs, it feels like one screen refresh every second or two. Then after some time it goes back to normal with everything being butter-smooth.

Has anyone seen this?

Did you try to disable auto-sleep?

Did you try to disable auto-sleep?

Thanks for your response (and guide BTW)!

Do you mean in the System Preferences? If so, in Energy Saver, I have disabled Computer sleep but I have the Display sleep set to 12 minutes. Put hard disk to sleep when possible is checked and Wake for Ethernet network access is checked.

Thanks for your response (and guide BTW)!

Do you mean in the System Preferences? If so, in Energy Saver, I have disabled Computer sleep but I have the Display sleep set to 12 minutes. Put hard disk to sleep when possible is checked and Wake for Ethernet network access is checked.

That seems to be fine..

I was FINALLY able to run HWMonitor!!

I installed HWSensors.6.16.1372.pkg (not the binaries)

I read on Google that some other guy was having problem with the latest version, so I guess you have to stick with the one that works best

Please check once more your bios settings and "/drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories. Although you say that you followed my guide, something seems to be missing or simply goes wrong at this point. Please follow my guide carefully and also use the latest bios version for your mobo.

Cheers,

KGP

So I think I've narrowed down the issue which is my graphic cards. I have 2 x GTX 670. When booting the computer with CMS disabled I got an error saying that the graphic cards wasn't supported by UEFI and therefore CMS got enabled automatically for better compatibility. I flashed one of the cards to a newer bios which allowed CMS to be disabled. But that's where it got stuck in the install.
Also when I checked a previous working hack with Yosemite with CMS disabled, I only got a black screen so I guess even with the updated gpu bios that's the reason why the install gets stopped.
I also tried a GTX 610 but that was basically the same problem. I did though managed once to get to the Sierra install menu with the GTX 610 and a USB 2.0 stick, but I couldn't replicate it afterwards and the install was so slow that I'd rather use a USB 3.0 stick.
Now I'm waiting to recieve a GTX 1050 Ti. Hopefully that'll do the trick. Will keep you updated :)

I was FINALLY able to run HWMonitor!!

I installed HWSensors.6.16.1372.pkg (not the binaries)

I read on Google that some other guy was having problem with the latest version, so I guess you have to stick with the one that works best

Well I prefer the manual installation of binaries. Most importantly is that now HWMonitor also works for you.

Well I prefer the manual installation of binaries. Most importantly is that now HWMonitor also works for you.

Maybe binaries will work, BUT I will try that version first!

Do you have FakeSMC in /System/Library/Extensions/

?

Or JUST in CLOVER?

So I think I've narrowed down the issue which is my graphic cards. I have 2 x GTX 670. When booting the computer with CMS disabled I got an error saying that the graphic cards wasn't supported by UEFI and therefore CMS got enabled automatically for better compatibility. I flashed one of the cards to a newer bios which allowed CMS to be disabled. But that's where it got stuck in the install.
Also when I checked a previous working hack with Yosemite with CMS disabled, I only got a black screen so I guess even with the updated gpu bios that's the reason why the install gets stopped.
I also tried a GTX 610 but that was basically the same problem. I did though managed once to get to the Sierra install menu with the GTX 610 and a USB 2.0 stick, but I couldn't replicate it afterwards and the install was so slow that I'd rather use a USB 3.0 stick.
Now I'm waiting to recieve a GTX 1050 Ti. Hopefully that'll do the trick. Will keep you updated :)

In principle you should install sierra only with one graphics card plugged, while you can plug the second graphics card after installing the nvidia web drivers on your system disk.

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back