Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your guide and everything seems to be working properly, but I can't seam to get resolutions above 1366x768. I have a X99-E Asus board with Nvidia 1060 with the Nvidia driver installed. Any suggestions?

It might be a question rather related to the Nvidia 1060 and the actual web drivers than to my guide and build... Maybe somebody else of this board knows the adequate answer.

If you want to stay with fully supported sleep/wake, just ignore the EIST part of my guide. The PMDrv.kext brakes sleep from time to time and your system will not wake or just reboot on wake from time to time. I am still searching for solutions! Thus for now, skip the Intel SpeedStep Part including the respective BIOS settings!!! For now, there are only two possibilities: Sleep/wake functionality or EIST support! Your choice ;)

Cheers,

KGP

I'm having exactly the same problems with the PMDrvr kext. It breaks sleep, but the performance is amazing! Would love to have a solution soon. I'm going to follow this thread keenly! :)

So true!

That would be just awesome!!

You know that in the other thread and forum brumbear's answer on your sleep/wake comments was anything else than positive and friendly. It does not seem like he would be interested in making PMDrvr.kext compatible with sleep/wake, not with me nor anybody else.... It is a pity, because it is really an awesome approach many people would be interested in!

Last edited:
You know that in the other threat brumbear's answer on your sleep/wake comments was anything else than positive and friendly. It does not seem like he would be interested in making PmDrvr.kext compatible with sleep/wake, not with me or anybody else....

Yeah, he gave me quite an earful in that one! :rolleyes: Well, I'm hoping that he'll be more open to sharing his source code with someone who knows how to work with it. Maybe...

One strange thing is that if my display goes to sleep and I leave it for more than 5 minutes (I measured, 5 minutes exactly) the display won't wakeup. I have been struggling with this for few days now and I read somewhere that enabling CSM may help and sure it did. I enabled CSM and put everything to UEFI and it just worked. Keep in mind that I have 3 4K displays.

Also sleep works but no more than one time. Sometimes it doesn't even work the first time. I tried it with both CSM enabled and disabled.

One strange thing is that if my display goes to sleep and I leave it for more than 5 minutes (I measured, 5 minutes exactly) the display won't wakeup. I have been struggling with this for few days now and I read somewhere that enabling CSM may help and sure it did. I enabled CSM and put everything to UEFI and it just worked. Keep in mind that I have 3 4K displays.

Also sleep works but no more than one time. Sometimes it doesn't even work the first time. I tried it with both CSM enabled and disabled.

I also realized half an hour ago, that auto-sleep seems not to work properly. I observed the same issues you mention above. Before, I always experimented with forced sleep, i.e. with "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" enabled in System Preferences and sending the hack to sleep from the apple menu bar. That's why I did not realize this autos-sleep issue before. I also really do not need the auto-sleep function. In any case, very strange that CSM has something to do with auto-sleep, but if you say so?

Your last sentence however I did not understand well. What do you mean by "Also sleep works but no more than one time. Sometimes it doesn't even work the first time. I tried it with both CSM enabled and disabled." Do you refer with this sentence again to auto-sleep? Does it now work with CSM enabled or not, or only once or what is the actual status? Above your write it did and in the next sentence below you say I doesn't or at least only once.. Forced sleep and the subsequent wake always works in my case, I did not realize any related issues.

I also realized half an hour ago, that auto-sleep seems not to work properly. I observed the same issues you mention above. Before, I always experimented with forced sleep, i.e. with "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" enabled in System Preferences and sending the hack to sleep from the apple menu bar. That's why I did not realize this autos-sleep issue before. I also really do not need the auto-sleep function. In any case, very strange that CSM has something to do with auto-sleep, but if you say so?

Your last sentence however I did not understand well. What do you mean by "Also sleep works but no more than one time. Sometimes it doesn't even work the first time. I tried it with both CSM enabled and disabled." Do you refer with this sentence again to auto-sleep? Does it now work with CSM enabled or not, or only once or what is the actual status? Forced sleep and the subsequent wake always works in my case, I did not realize any issues.

The display sleep thing has nothing to do with the computer sleep. The CSM issue I was referring to is when I just put my displays to sleep, they won't wake up (Not the computer to sleep).

I mean that if computer sleep works, it only works once. Sometimes it does not work even one time.

Same problem with me as well.

I also notice that we have almost the same config - X99 with i7 5820K.

Try enabling CSM and put everything to UEFI under CSM and see if it solves the problem. It did in my case

The display sleep thing has nothing to do with the computer sleep. The CSM issue I was referring to is when I just put my displays to sleep, they won't wake up (Not the computer to sleep).

I mean that if computer sleep works, it only works once. Sometimes it does not work even one time.

ok, lets see... it is supposed that once the display is on sleep also the auto-sleep function gets activated after some time if you do not enable the "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" in System Preferences! However, this is obviously not the case. The Display goes off but the hack never enters the sleep modus. When you want to wake up the display after 5 minutes with the keyboard it does not respond! However, this strange behavior only can be witnessed when "prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" is disabled in System Preferences. Under normal working conditions ("prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off" enabled), the display can turn off and it can always be activated with the keyboard. The same states for forced sleep and subsequent wake. The problem you describe above is exclusively related to the auto-sleep function which seems not to work at all. I still don't catch what you mean with computer sleep. I guess you refer to auto-sleep! The forced sleep and subsequent wake always works !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back