Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KevinAGI, you mentioned in one of your former preplies, that you got native audio to work on your X99 Deluxe II. Could you explain the individual steps and attach the necessary files?

How is sleep/wake doing?

Cheers,

KGP

@KevinAGI, you mentioned in one of your former preplies, that you got native audio to work on your X99 Deluxe II. Could you explain the individual steps and attach the necessary files?

How is sleep/wake doing?

Cheers,

KGP
I used info from @dMatik and this post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-sierra-10-12-on-asus-x99-deluxe-u3-1.204503/
I had to change one thing on my board. Mine has Audio at ALZA instead of AZAL, and looking at your DSDT you sent earlier yours is like mine.
change ALZA to HDEF 414c5a41 48444546
He has already edited the codec commander to allow for sleep.

Kevin

Any chance to get HDMI Audio working with that approach?
I do not know since my HDMI audio comes out of my Blackmagic Card native. According to his post it does work.

Kevin

EDIT:
I dug through the Codec commander and I do see provisions for HDMI audio. It does rely on your HDMI audio for your graphics card being named HDAU

Last edited:
@hooked, I just discovered a flawless working voodooHDA.kext on sourceforge (download-link: VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip). You mentioned that you worked with the VoodooHDA.kext and it does not break sleep/weak.
What else I have to consider in my system configuration in case I would use this VoodooHDA.kext for audio, especially with respect to sleep/wake?

Cheers and many thanks in advance,

KGP

Stupid question... Is there anybody with a Gigabyte mobo and a Broadwell-E CPU like the i-7-6800K, i7-6850L, i7-6900K or the i7-6950X, who could try sleep/wake on his system? I just would like to exclude that the current freeze/reboot problem on wake is due to the processor. All friends (@hooked or @erlipton05 ) with success on sleep/wake with Gigabyte mobos use Haswell-E processors.

Cheers,

KGP

Hello, thanks for the awesome guide, I does have the same computer components as yours used in this guide, but I have X99/haswell-E system, my specs are:

mobo: Asus V Rampage Extreme
CPU: i7-5820K Haswell-E
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
RAM: Corsair dominator 16GB DDR4
GPU: Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition
Storage: Samsung EVO 850 Pro

And I have followed a your guide with my specs and got everything to almost work, but I have some issues that maybe you
kgp ,or someone else could help me with :) really appreciate it.

The issues is first of that something the system boots fine, and other times I doesn't but at all, Is this normal, or is it possible to get it to boot successfully into the Mac OS everytime, because some times it loads and starts up fine, and other times it just stops loading under the apple logo and the computer reboot, and I have to try example with -v, and sometimes it works without it etc.. hmm

my most important issues that I have is that when I'm in Mac OS Sierra, the computer random shutdowns, that means to reboot screen or anything, it just turn completely off, and then it is off for a bout 3-4 seconds and then the computer powers on again, this happens randomly, but really often, most times I have been logged into Mac OS and it happens after 7-10 minutes almost every time, and I have followed your guide detailed, but there maybe something iv missed or have done wrong, or has it something to do with some configs for my cpu that its randomly turns off? thanks for answer :)

I did not mean to offend you. I just stated what my experience was with this guide using the GA-X99-UD4. Why are you so offended that this guide did not work quite well with my motherboard? It was an experiment in the first place.

I will repeat what drove my conclusion:

What drives my conclusion is the following. I do statistical simulation on R using packages that take full advantage of all cores. I ran some code on the installation using this guide and it took 461 seconds to finish. On the other hand, using the other installation it took only 352 seconds. That's about 20% difference. I know it's not a big deal for this situation but some of my simulations take hours to finish and in these cases 20% could be hours instead of minutes.

Did have have Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) disabled in your BIOS??? With EIST enabled you have a tremendous loss of CPU performance. At present EIST is not properly support on MacOS.

Hello, thanks for the awesome guide, I does have the same computer components as yours used in this guide, but I have X99/haswell-E system, my specs are:

mobo: Asus V Rampage Extreme
CPU: i7-5820K Haswell-E
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
RAM: Corsair dominator 16GB DDR4
GPU: Geforce GTX 1070 Founders Edition
Storage: Samsung EVO 850 Pro

And I have followed a your guide with my specs and got everything to almost work, but I have some issues that maybe you
kgp ,or someone else could help me with :) really appreciate it.

The issues is first of that something the system boots fine, and other times I doesn't but at all, Is this normal, or is it possible to get it to boot successfully into the Mac OS everytime, because some times it loads and starts up fine, and other times it just stops loading under the apple logo and the computer reboot, and I have to try example with -v, and sometimes it works without it etc.. hmm

my most important issues that I have is that when I'm in Mac OS Sierra, the computer random shutdowns, that means to reboot screen or anything, it just turn completely off, and then it is off for a bout 3-4 seconds and then the computer powers on again, this happens randomly, but really often, most times I have been logged into Mac OS and it happens after 7-10 minutes almost every time, and I have followed your guide detailed, but there maybe something iv missed or have done wrong, or has it something to do with some configs for my cpu that its randomly turns off? thanks for answer :)

1.) Your system always should boot successfully. Seems you have somewhere a knot. Do you use the appropriate FakeCPUID? However, your boot-failures could also be due to 2.)
2.) Random reboots could have two different sources listed below:
a.) you do not use "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi"
b.) Your RAM memory is not compatible with your mainboard. I provide in my guide the ASUS Memory Qualified Vendors List
for the X99-A II and X99 Deluxe II. I do not know if this list is also valid for the ASUS V Rampage Extreme... However, you will have to check whether or not your RAM is compatible with your mobo....

Cheers,

KGP

1.) Your system always should boot successfully. Seems you have somewhere a knot. Do you use the appropriate FakeCPUID?
2.) Random reboots could have two different sources listed below:
a.) you do not use "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi"
b.) Your RAM memory is not compatible with your mainboard. I provide in my guide the ASUS Memory Qualified Vendors List
for the X99-A II and X99 Deluxe II. I do not know if this list is also valid for the ASUS V Rampage Extreme... However, you will have to check whether or not your RAM is compatible with your mobo....

Cheers,

KGP

oki thanks for answer really fast:D

I'm using the "OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi" placed in /EFI/Clover/Drivers64uefi on my hackintosh SSD disk
okay I will check the ram, but it should be compatible with my mobo hmm.
I did move all the files from the kexts folder in your guide to /EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.12, but I didn't do anything with the SSDT-1-aml provided in the guide, would it help if I send some pictures of my hackintosh, because I'm really excited about it worked that well, but only the reboot thing destroy it all, because I Cant really do any productive work on it, because I produce some music, and then if it randomly reboot I looses everything :/ All help really approached :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 18.25.05.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 18.25.05.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 104
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 18.24.32.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 18.24.32.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back