Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! I thought I was booting from 14,2 but upon checking the new config (and my old one) does look like its 6,1!

Thank you, trying now.

You need to have the Mac Pro 6.1 system defintion if you want to run XCMP anyway! I guess with the AGDPfix everything will work now... Sometimes I would really whish that people more carefully read my guide.. Always the same issues and questions :lol:

Wrong or non-persistent FakeCPUID - Boot failure
No AGDPFix - Black screen with web driver
etc.
etc.

;)

Last edited:
Running perfectly well now, both with my original config and hooked's recommended config. I think I was just getting the system type mixed up in my head with the Z97 build I have running :( Sorry about that! works beautifully now!!! <3

giant shout out and much love to both @kgp & @hooked

Running perfectly well now, both with my original config and hooked's recommended config. I think I was just getting the system type mixed up in my head with the Z97 build I have running :( Sorry about that! works beautifully now!!! <3

Awesome!
Do you have audio now? does sleep and wake work?

Awesome!
Do you have audio now? does sleep and wake work?

Sleep takes about a minute, but works, wake takes about 15 seconds, but it works.

Audio works via f_panel, back i/o and USB. Cant confirm HDMI, my monitors dont have speakers (S2716DG's).

Only thing I'd like to improve upon is that 15-20 second wake time ;)

-- this all confirmed on original config I posted. yet to test the config @hooked recommended

Sleep takes about a minute, but works, wake takes about 15 seconds, but it works.

Audio works via f_panel, back i/o and USB. Cant confirm HDMI, my monitors dont have speakers (S2716DG's).

Only thing I'd like to improve upon is that 15-20 second wake time ;)

-- this all confirmed on original config I posted. yet to test the config @hooked recommended

Awesome! Glad you figured it all out, incase you do test the config I attached please report back so we can all know if there was any difference. Especially in USB functions and Sleep functions.

Awesome! Glad you figured it all out, incase you do test the config I attached please report back so we can all know if there was any difference. Especially in USB functions and Sleep functions.

No difference between the configs in terms of what I've experienced so far. Same results.

Thanks, I extracted the two files -> no difference in the system behavior.

XHE instead of XHC and no ports in the right column of the IORegistryExplorer; AppleUSBXHCI entries; EH01 no entries at all...

@KevinAGI, do you have something similar?

And yes, darkwake=8 is enabled.

Cheers,

KGP
This is what mine looks like.
Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 9.52.35 PM.png

All of the Red is where I have been testing every port. Did you install the X99_injector.kext? this is what I have in my kext directory.

ACPISensors.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
LPCSensors.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
X99_Injector.kext

Kevin

View attachment 250604
All of the Red is where I have been testing every port. Did you install the X99_injector.kext? this is what I have in my kext directory.

ACPISensors.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
LPCSensors.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
X99_Injector.kext

Kevin

NO, I use:

a.) the following USB kexts:

"USBInjectAll.kext", "XHCI-x99-injector.kext", "FakePCIID.kext" and "FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext"

b.) the following BIOS settings:

VT-d disabled
XHCI Mode Smart Auto
XHCI Hand-Off Enabled
EHCI Hand-Off Enabled

c.) the DSDT Patches n the ACPI Section of the Clover Configurator listed below:

Code:
Comment:                   Find* [Hex]       Replace* [Hex][/INDENT]
change _OSI to XOSI        5f4f5349          584f5349
change EHC1 to EH01        45484331          45483031
change EHC2 to EH02        45484332          45483032
change XHCI to XHC         58484349          5848453f
change XHC1 to XHC         58484331          5848435f
d) the following entry under KextsToPatch in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section of the clover configurator:

Code:
Name:                  Find:                   Replace:               Comment:                              MatchOS:
AppleUSBXHCIPCI        83BD74FF FFFF10         83BD74FF FFFF1b        change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI     10.12
e) and the SSDT-XOSI.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/

Questions:
1.) Do you use any of my other settings, I mean b.), c.), d.) or e.)?
2.) Can you show your results for USB in Apple's System Report?
3.) Can you attach the "X99_Injector.kext"? Where does it come from? Who is the developer?
4.) Did you try to sleep/wake your system? what are the results?

View attachment 250604

ACPISensors.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
LPCSensors.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
X99_Injector.kext

Kevin

Cannot get rid of the "XHE*" (instead of XHC) and "AppleUSBXHCI" IORegistryExplorer Entries. If I connect a USB device, it does not show up in the IORegistryExplorer although it is visible and correctly initialized in Apple's System report.

What ever I do, even only implementing "USBInejctAll.kext" and "X99_Injector.kext" or just the "X99_Injector USB 3.kext", the result is the same....

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 10.47.50.png

Anybody able to help at this point????? I slightly going mad already! :banghead:

@kgp : Can you please upload your compressed final efi folder ?

Here you go... But be aware, it is the version with the alternative not yet finished usb configuration.

Update (04/26/2017): There was a bug in one of the ACPI DSDT patches. I substituted the old EFI.zip by the correct one..

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.9 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back