Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry BoomR, my mistake. Up to now I used stock speeds only. No overclocking! I therefore just corrected my reply on page 11. Many thanks for your clarification!

Update (26.3.2017)
This morning, I extended my guide by a brief overclocking section towards the end of the originating post, based on the valuable input of Thireus.

Below you find the Overclocking Results for a Core Ratio of 42 (4.2Ghz) by means of the Intel(R) Power Gadget and Geekbench-4.
Thanks for the update & clarification. Your stock GB scores for 6800K are substantially faster than what I'm getting with my 5930K.
20Mar2016 MacPro6,1 No OC.png

Thanks also for the update on your OC'ing steps to take. I think I'm going to try this on my build today. I'm assuming that the steps you share for both OC'ing and PM will also work for my build. (fingers crossed) I'll keep you posted!
:headbang:

My build (I need to update my signature LOL):
ASUS X99-DELUXE (origina gen)
i7 - 5930K
16GB G.Skill DDR4
500 GB Samsung Pro 850 SSD
NVIDIA GTX 970

Last edited:
Hi kgp, I´m very impressed by your build, but because i´m using ProTools os 10.11 is my system version i have to work with.

Would your Build also work with 10.11 ??

Thanks in advance, great thread .......... :)

Thanks for the update & clarification. Your stock GB scores for 6800K are substantially faster than what I'm getting with my 5930K.
View attachment 244226

Thanks also for the update on your OC'ing steps to take. I think I'm going to try this on my build today. I'm assuming that the steps you share for both OC'ing and PM will also work for my build. (fingers crossed) I'll keep you posted!
:headbang:

My build (I need to update my signature LOL):
ASUS X99-DELUXE (origina gen)
i7 - 5930K
16GB G.Skill DDR4
500 GB Samsung Pro 850 SSD
NVIDIA GTX 970

BoomR, there is another misunderstanding originating from the title of my thread. :think: When creating the thread, my build implemented a i7-6800K. However, while further developing build and guide, I changed to the i7-6950X!!!! :idea: Thus now the entire build and guide refers to the i7-6950X and not to the i7-6800K, which i only used initially. :crazy: The problem was that I did not find any way to edit the title of the original thread, where one should replace i7-6800K by i7-6950X!!! :rolleyes: Are you able to do so?? Currently, the title with the i7-6800K is extremely misleading and also disturbing, as it also lowers the importance of the build especially for high-end users (6-core versus 10-core). :headbang:

How to proceed with this issue? :rolleyes:

Title is now fixed. Changed to 6950X.

Reactions: kgp
Hi kgp, I´m very impressed by your build, but because i´m using ProTools os 10.11 is my system version i have to work with.

Would your Build also work with 10.11 ??

Thanks in advance, great thread .......... :)

The xcmp part should also work with 10.11, despite some modifications (e.g. KernelToPatch entries). The same states for NVMe. The rest is straight forward anyway. So why not! :thumbup:

Thanks for the flowers and your positive feedback :!: :thumbup:

Title is now fixed. Changed to 6950X.

@trs96, could you do me one more favor? There still remains a typo in the thread-title: "built" -> "build" ;), could you please correct it in addition? And if you could change "Crucial Ballistix Sport LT" to "128GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT" or "128GB Ballistix Sport LT" even better ;). I would have performed these changes myself long time ago, but I guess I am not allowed to.

Cheers and many thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back