Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right.
I was thinking about a xeon E5-2630 v4 es 2.1 ghz, could be it good, ain'it?

Wow. You are so fast to complete the request. Thumbs Up! :thumbup:

A Xeon CPU will not work with X99/LGA2011-v3! Choose one of the Broadwell-E CPUs I mentioned above. The best price-peformance ratio might have the Intel I7-6800K 6x3.6GHz CPU for roughly 430$.

A Xeon CPU will not work with X99/LGA2011-v3! Choose one of the Broadwell-E CPUs I mentioned above. The best price-peformance ratio might have the Intel I7-6800K 6x3.6GHz CPU for roughly 430$.
Sure? I was thought it does, maybe I have read something about it on insanely..
Now I take some reading about i/- 6800 price...

Sure? I was thought it does, maybe I have read something about it on insanely..
Now I take some reading about i/- 6800 price...

An Intel Xeon CPU is ment for the old X75/LGA2011 and not for the new X99/LGA2011-v3 standard.

Last edited:
Last edited:
If you have doubts about the compatibility of a particular processor you should check the motherboard's support page on the manufacturer's website.

Great work!

I am thinking about mirroring this build as far Motherboard, CPU, and GPU go. I'm still new to Hackintosh but the sleep/wake issue is common among all Hackintoshes correct, it's not something that's failing because of the CPU or Motherboard?

Great work!

I am thinking about mirroring this build as far Motherboard, CPU, and GPU go. I'm still new to Hackintosh but the sleep/wake issue is common among all Hackintoshes correct, it's not something that's failing because of the CPU or Motherboard?

Yea the sleep/wake issue is common among all Hackintoshes and is mainly a question of the correct settings. In any case you can disable the sleep function for the system and enable the sleep function for the monitor and harddisks without major intervention. You should not worry about mirroring the build, it really works great! :thumbup:

Yea the sleep/wake issue is common among all Hackintoshes and is mainly a question of the correct settings. In any case you can disable the sleep function for the system and enable the sleep function for the monitor and harddisks without major intervention. You should not worry about mirroring the build, it really works great! :thumbup:

Fantastic, I guess the only thing holding me back now, is the audio situation. Being that I do audio production that's kind of an important feature. I have a music interface currently but I'd like the audio to function w/o it. I've seen in other x99 Hack builds they use a USB Audio adapter. Would you recommend to just do that or would it be better to use your optional Audio config?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back