Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic, I guess the only thing holding me back now, is the audio situation. Being that I do audio production that's kind of an important feature. I have a music interface currently but I'd like the audio to function w/o it. I've seen in other x99 Hack builds they use a USB Audio adapter. Would you recommend to just do that or would it be better to use your optional Audio config?

To me the onboard audio is splendid as long you use SPDIF or the HDMI output of the GPU. I recommend to use the clover-ALC configuration. The Volume control of the HDMI-exit on Mac needs a workaround for any audio card. You can use the basic Soundflower or the sophisticated Audio Hijack which provides many more audio features in addition. To control the HDMI Volume with your keyboard will need another workaround.

Last edited:
Are you creating a Sierra boot drive and then putting that into the box? I created a boot USB using unibeast then the clover configurations, but I can't get it to boot.

Attachments

• sierra.jpg
    sierra.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 339
Are you creating a Sierra boot drive and then putting that into the box? I created a boot USB using unibeast then the clover configurations, but I can't get it to boot.

If you have a virgin system you have to install sierra on your system with an USB installation medium you have to create before. I provided a detailed USB installation medium creation and Sierra installation guide for my build. Please read it carefully and note that it is specifically ment for my built. :idea: However, when I look to your screenshot I see you did not! :banghead: :lol:... You are using OsxAptioFix2DRV instead of OsxAptioFixDRV. :banghead: :lol: Please, read my guide and you might be able to proceed. :angel: However, I do not know what is your built...:?:

Good luck :thumbup::wave:

If you have a virgin system you have to install sierra on your system with an USB installation medium you have to create before. I provided a detailed USB installation medium creation and Sierra installation guide for my build. Please read it carefully and note that it is specifically ment for my built. :idea: However, when I look to your screenshot I see you did not! :banghead: :lol:... You are using OsxAptioFix2DRV instead of OsxAptioFixDRV. :banghead: :lol: Please, read my guide and you might be able to proceed. :angel: However, I do not know what is your built...:?:

Good luck :thumbup::wave:
The only difference between my build and yours is that I'm using a 6850 instead of a 6800.

The only difference between my build and yours is that I'm using a 6850 instead of a 6800.

Great! Then if you follow my guide it shall work. Please let me know if you have further problems. Don't create the USB installation medium with Unibeast! Unibeast will install files to the EFI partition of your USB medium you do not want to have there! Delete the "config.plist" file and "/drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories in the /EFI/clover/ directory of your USB installation medium created by Unibeast. Then copy the "config.plist" file and "/drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories of ptzulu to the /EFI/clover/ directory of your USB installation medium! Then proceed with my guide and it will work!

For whatever reason, I can't get the HD to be recognized as the boot disk. I created the USB medium, fresh install of Sierra on a clean Hard Drive. Reboot, clover comes up on the USB, I select the Sierra HD and everything boots. I ran the clover configuration, agdpix, and Nvidia web drivers. Take out the USB medium, restart and the bios screen comes up with no drive in the boot option. Put the USB stick back in, reboot and boots to the select boot drive, pick my Sierra HD and everything runs.

I'm so close.

For whatever reason, I can't get the HD to be recognized as the boot disk. I created the USB medium, fresh install of Sierra on a clean Hard Drive. Reboot, clover comes up on the USB, I select the Sierra HD and everything boots. I ran the clover configuration, agdpix, and Nvidia web drivers. Take out the USB medium, restart and the bios screen comes up with no drive in the boot option. Put the USB stick back in, reboot and boots to the select boot drive, pick my Sierra HD and everything runs.

I'm so close.

Did you install clover on the Sierra HD? Did you copy ptzulus config.plist file and the "/drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories to /EFi/CLOVER/ of the EFI-partition on the Sierra HD? Seems that you did not and Sierra HD has no boot loader. Other option: configure the Mainboard BIOS such that Sierra HD is the first boot option. Something you did wrong. It is difficult to say what. If your USB installatation medium is already working, pass once more through the post-installation procedure at the beginning of my guide. It must work. My guess is that you forgot to install clover and ptzulu's files and directories in the EFI parition of Sierra HD. If this is the case, Sierra HD is not be bootable.....

Did you install clover on the Sierra HD? Did you copy ptzulus config.plist file and the "/drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories to /EFi/CLOVER/ of the EFI-partition on the Sierra HD? Seems that you did not and Sierra HD has no boot loader. Other option: configure the Mainboard BIOS such that Sierra HD is the first boot option. Something you did wrong. It is difficult to say what. If your USB installatation medium is already working, pass once more through the post-installation procedure at the beginning of my guide. It must work. My guess is that you forgot to install clover and ptzulu's files and directories in the EFI parition of Sierra HD. If this is the case, Sierra HD is not be bootable.....

I think I did a standard clover install instead of custom last time. I wiped the HD and went through the steps again and now SUCCESS! Thank you.

Now if only I could get USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt working. I bought the Asus ThunderboltEX 3 and it shows up in Windows 10, but if I try to boot Sierra with it on in the bios, it's a no go.

I think I did a standard clover install instead of custom last time. I wiped the HD and went through the steps again and now SUCCESS! Thank you.

Now if only I could get USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt working. I bought the Asus ThunderboltEX 3 and it shows up in Windows 10, but if I try to boot Sierra with it on in the bios, it's a no go.

I guess USB 3.1 will not work. Following ptzulu, the USB 3.1 board is treated like USB 3.0. If you succeed, please let me know how. Thunderbolt might depend on the Mainboard BIOS Settings. I skipped this part in my guide. However it is adressed by Giacomoleopardo in "STEP 2 - BIOS Configuration"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back