Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Alienware Aurora R7
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
AMD Radeon RX Vega64
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I don't have my hackintosh anymore and want to crete a hackintosh on the board.

It is possible to upload the bios file in the first section that I could flash on my system?

I have Sierra 10.12.3 install USB for skylake. Would this work? or am I going to need a hackintosh to customize the installer/BIOS?

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Deluxe II
CPU
Broadwell 6900k
Graphics
Nvidia 980 TI
Mac
Mac Pro
I would like to report success with Asus X99 Deluxe-II with the guide. - Thank you again!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-X99P-SLI MB
CPU
i7 6800K
Graphics
RX480
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Report success with Gigabyte X99P-SLI with a Intel 6800K overclocked to 4.0Ghz, thank you very much for the guide!

@kgp what does this do? Package Clamping Limitation #1....... : 0 (disabled)

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Rampage V5 Edition 10
CPU
Core i7 6850k
Graphics
Asus GTX 1080ti
Hi again KGP and fellow colleagues. My Hack's been running flawlessly for months now still on 10.12.5 and have gone back to your guide to tweek my CPU Power Management and need some help. Basically I can't seem to load the x86Platformplugin.kext. These are my steps

1. a) "Kernel and Kext Patches" - Yes have the correct "IOPCIFamily" kext to patch values and the same Kernel to patch values as you (I also have a Broadwell-E 6850k cpu) - see attached screenshot. Note: I have found checking "Apple RTC" and "AppleIntelCPUPM" boxes, as you did, is leading to unstable performance in my M.2 system disk so far.

2. "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" should return "1". - Yes

3. implement ssdtPRGen.sh into a terminal with new 4000 turbo tweak in terminal - Yes

4. ssdtPRGen.sh generates a SSDT.aml file in ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/
Copy the SSDT.aml from ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ - Yes

5. System boots with new SSDT.ami in EFI - Yes

6. Verify that in the ioRegistryExplorer you have now under CP00@0 the following entry:

Code (Text):
Property: Type: Value:
plugin-type Number 0x1. - No (see attached screenshot)

7. kextstat|grep -y x86plat. - Returns nothing.

8. "/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext" is missing.

9. Don't want to continue until I have this part worked out.

10. Also on my BIOS these three options are disabled and greyed out so I can't change them.
  • CPU C3 Report: Enabled
  • CPU C6 Report: Enabled
  • Package C State Limit: C6(non Retention) state
Anyone's help is always greatly appreciated.

IO Registry Explorer.png Kernel to Patch.png System : Library :Extensions.png

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Hello everyone. I have an Asus X99-A from a few years back and a 5820K i7 processor and 4GB Nividia 1050 GPU.

I found a good Youtube video on how to create a Hackintosh for the X99-A. But I'm having trouble with the Terminal command. When I copy and paste what was written in this post, I get the following reply after i type in my password.

Code:
sudo: /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found
Can someone please help me.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
CPU
Core i7 6850k
Graphics
Asus GTX 1080ti
Hello everyone. I have an Asus X99-A from a few years back and a 5820K i7 processor and 4GB Nividia 1050 GPU.

I found a good Youtube video on how to create a Hackintosh for the X99-A. But I'm having trouble with the Terminal command. When I copy and paste what was written in this post, I get the following reply after i type in my password.

Code:
sudo: /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found
Can someone please help me.
Thanks
This is probably obvious but is the OS Sierra installer in your applications folder? The terminal command is searching for it there.

Motherboard
CPU
Core i7 6850k
Graphics
Asus GTX 1080ti
Hi again KGP and fellow colleagues. My Hack's been running flawlessly for months now still on 10.12.5 and have gone back to your guide to tweek my CPU Power Management and need some help. Basically I can't seem to load the x86Platformplugin.kext. These are my steps

1. a) "Kernel and Kext Patches" - Yes have the correct "IOPCIFamily" kext to patch values and the same Kernel to patch values as you (I also have a Broadwell-E 6850k cpu) - see attached screenshot. Note: I have found checking "Apple RTC" and "AppleIntelCPUPM" boxes, as you did, is leading to unstable performance in my M.2 system disk so far.

2. "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" should return "1". - Yes

3. implement ssdtPRGen.sh into a terminal with new 4000 turbo tweak in terminal - Yes

4. ssdtPRGen.sh generates a SSDT.aml file in ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/
Copy the SSDT.aml from ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ - Yes

5. System boots with new SSDT.ami in EFI - Yes

6. Verify that in the ioRegistryExplorer you have now under CP00@0 the following entry:

Code (Text):
Property: Type: Value:
plugin-type Number 0x1. - No (see attached screenshot)

7. kextstat|grep -y x86plat. - Returns nothing.

8. "/System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext" is missing.

9. Don't want to continue until I have this part worked out.

10. Also on my BIOS these three options are disabled and greyed out so I can't change them.
  • CPU C3 Report: Enabled
  • CPU C6 Report: Enabled
  • Package C State Limit: C6(non Retention) state
Anyone's help is always greatly appreciated.

View attachment 314690 View attachment 314691 View attachment 314692

Anyone able to help?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
This is probably obvious but is the OS Sierra installer in your applications folder? The terminal command is searching for it there.

Thanks Raddles, Im new to this build so do I need to put the OS Sierra Installer on my desktop? Or put it in my applications folder?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 HD3
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
I think the problem is in the original coding for the terminal command.
Im trying to install HIGH SIERRA and in the original post I believe you were installing Sierra.

Your terminal code is:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --no interaction

Should it say in the appropriate place Install\ macOS\ HighSierra.app ?

Motherboard
CPU
Core i7 6850k
Graphics
Asus GTX 1080ti
Thanks Raddles, Im new to this build so do I need to put the OS Sierra Installer on my desktop? Or put it in my applications folder?
I think the problem is in the original coding for the terminal command.
Im trying to install HIGH SIERRA and in the original post I believe you were installing Sierra.

Your terminal code is:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Sierra.app --no interaction

Should it say in the appropriate place Install\ macOS\ HighSierra.app ?
If you're creating an OS High Sierra installation from scratch then yeah the other Mac you use to create the USB installer needs to access the OS High Sierra downloaded installer from applications folder where it should have been downloaded to, assuming your following KGP's guide, and in my experience with installing OS Sierra, it's not wise to mix different guides. Follow his guide exactly as written. Sorry can't help you more there.

Status
Not open for further replies.