Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks, do i have to check "XMPDetection=YES" in boot section of clover configurator too? because mine is NO.

Thanks

If you use XMP in BIOS then yes..

For HWSensors, do i have to replace the fakeSMC.kext in the 10.12 folder with the one that is in the other folder of kexts.zip?

thanks

Yes

Another question sorry about this , do i have to install cudaDriver for my nvidia card? or just webdrivers are ok?

Thanks

Just web driver, if you do not need cuda..

Hi , does someone have an idea? when i connect my nvidia hdmi out, in the midle of the system load when we see the apple, my monitor becomes black and nothing else appear.

And with DVI it works. iwould like to put 2 screens .
Note that there is an adaptator hdmi -> DVI on the monitor side because it hasn't an hdmi input.
thanks in advance.

What about the DP port? Does it work?

Hi ,

What is cuda driver really? what it make?

And i dond't have DP port on my screen, only DVI and vga.

So i found in the forum that i have to connect the second screen only when the system boot is completed, and with that it works, i have two screens, but i'm afraid to damage screen when i put it when system is running.

Thanks for your guide , my hack is working well. i hope it will continue.

Hello all

by waiting my new rig, and preparing hard tubes for water-cooling

I was asking myself why: my 2 titan X + my XEON v4 was unstable HT activated (and by the way also problems with iCloud etc etc)
and then found a clue for solution

following your "DIY" of course
I can have everything perfectly stable and working IF I have only 16 cores activated (so 32 threads)
of course the score on GB now is totally not competitive with your rig on X299
and much more if it is OC as a butcher :mrgreen:

maybe @kgp
it means that we can use many Nvidia graphic cards as we want?
which is a good point as me who use CUDA and maybe you too
so for the i9-7980XE it will be same consideration

if it is correct with the i9 7980XE,
I will keep my 2 titan X maxwell and put a 1080Ti (everything OC and water-cooled)
:headbang:

so @kgp do you still have your maxwell by chance? :mrgreen:
just for a try to have the 1080Ti WC and the 980Ti on air
if OoB everything is ok SUPER: your rig will thank you
if not: trying with 16 cores only on the 7980XE: and pretty sure it will work

PS: by the way on METAL, one of my titan X maxwell kick the ass of a 1080Ti
or I miss something?

Capture d’écran 2017-11-19 à 19.12.11.pngCapture d’écran 2017-11-19 à 19.16.05.png Capture d’écran 2017-11-19 à 19.16.53.png Capture d’écran 2017-11-19 à 19.27.41.png

Last edited:
4.) Subsequently, copy the CPUSensors.kext, ACPISensors.kext and LPCSensors.kext to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12/
directory of your system disk.

Cheers & THANKS KGP!! First timer here and followed your guide %100. So far so good. Looking forward to reporting more stats on my system as I run heavy sound design in LPX.
Pardon if this has been addressed as I couldn't find it, but is there a source for the above quoted kexts? The original link for hwsensors is dead and I don't see these kexts attached to the guide. Thanks again

Hi ,

What is cuda driver really? what it make?

And i dond't have DP port on my screen, only DVI and vga.

So i found in the forum that i have to connect the second screen only when the system boot is completed, and with that it works, i have two screens, but i'm afraid to damage screen when i put it when system is running.

Thanks for your guide , my hack is working well. i hope it will continue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CUDA

Hello all

by waiting my new rig, and preparing hard tubes for water-cooling

I was asking myself why: my 2 titan X + my XEON v4 was unstable HT activated (and by the way also problems with iCloud etc etc)
and then found a clue for solution

following your "DIY" of course
I can have everything perfectly stable and working IF I have only 16 cores activated (so 32 threads)
of course the score on GB now is totally not competitive with your rig on X299
and much more if it is OC as a butcher :mrgreen:

maybe @kgp
it means that we can use many Nvidia graphic cards as we want?
which is a good point as me who use CUDA and maybe you too
so for the i9-7980XE it will be same consideration

if it is correct with the i9 7980XE,
I will keep my 2 titan X maxwell and put a 1080Ti (everything OC and water-cooled)
:headbang:

so @kgp do you still have your maxwell by chance? :mrgreen:
just for a try to have the 1080Ti WC and the 980Ti on air
if OoB everything is ok SUPER: your rig will thank you
if not: trying with 16 cores only on the 7980XE: and pretty sure it will work

PS: by the way on METAL, one of my titan X maxwell kick the ass of a 1080Ti
or I miss something?

View attachment 293468View attachment 293465 View attachment 293466 View attachment 293467

a.) sold my maxwell 980 one year ago..
b.) why would one like to run the i9-7980XE only with 16 cores?

Cheers & THANKS KGP!! First timer here and followed your guide %100. So far so good. Looking forward to reporting more stats on my system as I run heavy sound design in LPX.
Pardon if this has been addressed as I couldn't find it, but is there a source for the above quoted kexts? The original link for hwsensors is dead and I don't see these kexts attached to the guide. Thanks again

a.) the sensor kexts are implemented in my distributed 10.13 EFi-Folder..
b.) to keep them up to date, use this tool: https://hackintosh-info.de/filebase/file/23-kext-updater/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back