Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

so about your questions

1/ yes if you have apple used and not Nvidia web driver this is a problem
so you need to switch

2/ I guess the rig of KGP is OC so it is normal that he has higher scores
XCPM yes it would help

3/ CPU temp depends of tons of parameters as place which the computer is, the ventirad, how to apply the thermal paste (by the way the one which is great and not so expensive: thermal grizzly hydronaut), how the flow inside the case is optimized...
also parameters (again) as XCPM, you can see the difference on the last of his 1st post
when he activates the XCPM or not etc etc...
so again would be great that you follow his way to make what he advised

4/ 42 or 45°C it is not impressive at all

1)The screen fuzzes (blurrs) for a few seconds whenever I log into my account or sometimes when I move a window across the screen quickly. I suspect that the OS is not managing the the gpu properly. In the Nvidia driver controller it gives me the option to use apple or Nvidia drivers. I have it on apple which is default should I switch it?
2)My geekbench scores are single core:3425 multi core: 33421; much lower than KGP's. Would XCPM help with this?
To KGP: when you show images of your HWmonitoring, your CPU temps are around 32-34. Is this your normal idle temp! My cores are running about 10 degrees hotter which I am not sure if this is just luck of the draw (ie minor manufacturing inconsistencies as well as brands of heatsink paste[or how one applies it]) or if it has to do with settings. While I have no intentions to overclock, I would like my super expensive CPU to stay as cold as possible. I raised the min cpu fan speed from 50% to 70% in the BIOS but brought it back to 50% after it didn't seem to change much(I dont really think the fans in that cooler do much; even when I lowered the min to 25% the CPU temp only when up by 1 degree).
Anyways sorry to ramble. All help and suggestions appreciated.

how to apply the thermal paste (by the way the one which is great and not so expensive: thermal grizzly hydronaut)
I used Arctic-silver applied with the 'pea method'. I think that the massive graphic card does restrict airflow some-what. I'll try turning up the case fans(I have 5: 2 in the front of the case, 1 in front of the psu[these 3 as cold air intakes] and 2 at the top of the case[as hot air extractors]). Also my mobo has an 8-pin and a 4-pin cpu power outlet , and I hooked up both. The manual says to either connect both or the 8-pin only. Should I disconnect the 4-pin? My assumption in hooking up both is that the mobo would be smart enough to regulate voltage on its own.

I was finally able to patch my motherboard. I found out the problem was with my mother bored so I decided to return it at my local fries. It it works now. I made the boot drive exactly how the instructions say, but I do have one problem. After I finish installing OS X, the computer freezes when I try to boot from the new drive! It stops at what looks like 5%, and does nothing. Im on the last bit now, if anyone has had this problem or knows how to fix it, some help would be great.

I dont know about the PC/HACKINTOSH - APPLE BROADCOM BCM94360CD. The bluetooth doesn't always work and I can only get 2.4ghz wifi and painfully slow download speeds.

I took off the the broadcom adaptor and switched to the on board wifi and bluetooth works much better! BTW @GDS thanks for letting me know about the NVIDIA drivers it runs much better!

@Lokithedark1
you should not post tons of messages one by one,
if you missed something as I do sometimes: you can edit them to add some infos, like that it is easy to read for people whom will want to try to have a rig fully OK ;)

the questions you asked, are:

1/ on the 1st post of the guide so easy to understand (bluetooth, wifi, etc etc)
and if it is not here, you can search on this forum, lot of infos about what to use ;)

2/ the others are not related to hack, I mean:
* the voltage necessary for a mobo, you will find it on the manual of your mobo
* the thermal paste,
I said so to help and if I told you about grizzly I have my reasons, Artic silver (AS-5) I used it when I started to OC and have W-Records with Willamette and after with Northwood (P4-C), the 1st pentium MONO-CORE with hyper threading :p ;)
so just to say it is a good one if you come back 17 years ago
* fans and their placements, it is not linked to the hack but to cooling a computer

>>> Be super happy to have a stable Hackintosh with @kgp method
he made a super great job ;)

Reactions: kgp
Hey Guys, a question to all of you: If I follow this Guide + using a GTX 1070 or 1080 and plugin a UHD Display 2160p via DisplayPort, will I have the Scaling Options? Are here experience? See my Screenshot.

I hope so much for it!

Attachments

• Screenshot ScalingOptions.png
    Screenshot ScalingOptions.png
    370.8 KB · Views: 120
@kgp

Thanks for the very clear guide to install MacOS Sierra, as people read this guide & follow this step by step

You will get a very stable installation im almost on a week with a perfect system clean install/upgraded from 10.11

As it is required to run 10.12 if I want to upgrade my GPU's with 2* EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

by the way the one which is great and not so expensive: thermal grizzly hydronaut
@GDS

I think will order tomorrow the Xeon E5-2696 v4 and install with T-Grizzly Kryonaut
very sticky paste but with the new apply method it will be good :thumbup:

Hopefully it would be a easy upgrade with the CPU from a i7-6850K with the change of the Clover settings I Asked you..

- FakeCPUID: 0x406F1 -> 0x040674
- VoodooTSCSync: IOCPUNumber -> 43
-
XCPM: without EIST & PMDrvr.kext
- ssdtPRGen.sh: regenerate SSDT

not really a week,
as you have everything tested with a 2696v4 on it and it is only a tiny mod considering the base of this guide
I will say: 2 hours to have a stable Hack Pro

with last bios + the mod i had to do...
the 2696 v4 will be pretty happy

with 2 EVGA GTX 1080Ti
it will be great to see results,
on benchmark the Pascal ones are above the Maxwell (Open CL etc etc)

but strangely, PUGET System (known as professional shop and super in term of benches they do)
they shows that on Premiere pro, on W$10
the gain between a TITAN X Pascal and a Maxwell is only 3% more

strange
and would like to know if it is cause the Premiere pro is not optimized for Pascal (which I doubt a lot)
or cause the Pascal is only a benchmark graphic card (optimized for it)
like the Ryzen which on paper kills everything and on a real case: people cry to have one cause not so much gain than old gen. Intel
:p

@kgp

Thanks for the very clear guide to install MacOS Sierra, as people read this guide & follow this step by step
You will get a very stable installation im almost on a week with a perfect system clean install/upgraded from 10.11
As it is required to run 10.12 if I want to upgrade my GPU's with 2* EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3

@GDS
I think will order tomorrow the Xeon E5-2696 v4 and install with T-Grizzly Kryonaut
very sticky paste but with the new apply method it will be good :thumbup:

Hopefully it would be a easy upgrade with the CPU from a i7-6850K with the change of the Clover settings I Asked you..

- FakeCPUID: 0x406F1 -> 0x040674
- VoodooTSCSync: IOCPUNumber -> 43
-
XCPM: without EIST & PMDrvr.kext
- ssdtPRGen.sh: regenerate SSDT

No, not at all
cause any 4k screens will not propose to you the retina mode and the option related to

in display port you will have as it
so you can choose look like it

Capture d’écran 2017-08-15 à 22.09.40.png

Hey Guys, a question to all of you: If I follow this Guide + using a GTX 1070 or 1080 and plugin a UHD Display 2160p via DisplayPort, will I have the Scaling Options? Are here experience? See my Screenshot.

I hope so much for it!

Last edited:
Does anybody face the issue with HWSensors plugins?
They just don't load and I have only HDD/SSD temps.
I use HWSensors.6.25.1426.Binaries
They are in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12
I 've tried to put them inside FakeSMC.kext/Contents/Plugins and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back