Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GDS and @kgp I keep getting an error in terminal for the bios modification, even after I used your code with my username and the new patcher file name. So I have decided to do it using clover configurator, but im having trouble with that now. I cant seem to find the cpu modification part. Im going to try to implement instructions from a youtube video with yours and see if I have any luck. Thank you both for your help, its greatly appreciated!

:banghead: Ok... lets make it idiot proofed! :lol:

Another update of the UEFI patch BIOS section....

BIOS patching procedure (optional, not required):

1.) Download and unzip the CodeRush's UEFI patch (attached towards the bottom of this guide) to your Desktop.

2.) To patch the latest BIOS for your ASUS mobo, download the most actual BIOS version from the ASUS mobo support page
(e.g., follow the subsequent link to obtain the latest BIOS Version for the Asus X99-A II).​

3.) Unzip the bios file and copy the CAP file into the UEFIPatch directory on your Desktop.

4.) Open a terminal; type "cd " and drag the "UEFIPatch"-folder on your Desktop into the Terminal window and press "Enter".

One can also use the terminal command equivalent:
Code:
cd ~/Desktop/UEFIPatch_0.3.9_osx/
Note that this step is important to successfully execute the UEFI-Patch procedure! You must be in the UEFIPatch directory on your terminal, in order to successfully execute step 5.) below!

5.) Once in the UEFIPatch directory on your terminal, drop the "UEFIPatch"-executable into the terminal window; Also drop

the most actual BIOS CAP file into the terminal window; Press enter to execute the "UEFIPatch"-procedure.

The equivalent terminal command is
Code:
 ./UEFIPatch X99-A-II-ASUS-1701.CAP
by assuming that you want to patch the latest X99-A-II-ASUS-1701.CAP BIOS-files for the ASUS X99-A II. For other mobos, please adapt the adequate BIOS CAP-filename in the command!

During the patch procedure, you will see something like the following message, which can be simply ignored:

Code:
parseImageFile: Aptio capsule signature may become invalid after image modifications
parseSection: section with unknown type 52h
parseFile: non-empty pad-file contents will be destroyed after volume modifications
parseSection: section with unknown type 52h
parseFile: non-empty pad-file contents will be destroyed after volume modifications
patch: replaced 6 bytes at offset F69h 0FBA6C24400F -> 0FBA7424400F
Image patched
6.) You will now find a ***.CAP.patched BIOS-file in the UEFIPatch folder, which is your patched (MSR 0xE2 unlocked) BIOS
file.​

7.) Rename the ***.CAP.patched BIOS file to X99A2.CAP, the required filename for the ASUS X99-A II BIOS Flashback
procedure. Note that the required filename varies for each ASUS mobo. For details see the ASUS BIOS Flashback filename convention.​

8.) Copy the X99A2.CAP (or it's derivative in case you use a different ASUS mobo) to a FAT-formatted USB2.0 storage device.

9.) Shut-down your hack, connect the USB2.0 storage device to the USB-port assigned to the ASUS BIOS Flashback procedure
(see the mobo manual for details). Press the BIOS-Flashback button for three seconds until the flashback-led starts to blink, indicating that the BIOS Flashback is in progress. Release the button. The locations of the BIOS-Flashback button and the USB-port assigned to the BIOS-Flashback procedure on the ASUS X99-A II are indicated in the figure below:

View attachment 252635
10.) Wait until the Flashback-led stops blinking and turns off, indicating that the BIOS Flashback process as been successfully
completed. You now successfully installed the most actual patched BIOS, compatible with native OSX/MacOS power management.
11.) Boot your system and apply the BIOS settings described in my guide.

Nope! Not that I know! Do you have the TB PCIe card installed? Remove it for the installation!
That worked :), and I didn't have to take it all the way out just disconnect the header cable. Thank God esle I would have had to re-instal my somewhat rigged GPU support brace.
My next issues are: 1)It detected my wifi card during the install but not post install. I will transfer clover using a flash-drive to see if this solves.
2) The Mobo is not recognizing the dimms in slots C1 and C2. After moving the cards between slots and achieving the same result, I conclude that the issue is in the physical dimm slots or in the BIOS(hopefully its the latter). Has anyone else run into this issue maxing the X99 deluxe ii(this question is probly more suited for an asus forum).

That worked :), and I didn't have to take it all the way out just disconnect the header cable. Thank God esle I would have had to re-instal my somewhat rigged GPU support brace.
My next issues are: 1)It detected my wifi card during the install but not post install. I will transfer clover using a flash-drive to see if this solves.
2) The Mobo is not recognizing the dimms in slots C1 and C2. After moving the cards between slots and achieving the same result, I conclude that the issue is in the physical dimm slots or in the BIOS(hopefully its the latter). Has anyone else run into this issue maxing the X99 deluxe ii(this question is probly more suited for an asus forum).

1.) you will transfer clover using a flash drive ??? Meaning???
2.) did you check if your memory is compatible with the ASUS X99 Deluxe II?? Check asus web page or Ram vendor list attached to my guide !!! What you are describing above is a typical problem due to incompatible RAM modules!

1.) you will transfer clover using a flash drive ??? Meaning???
2.) did you check if your memory is compatible with the ASUS X99 Deluxe II?? Check asus web page or Ram vendor list attached to my guide !!! What you are describing above is a typical problem due to incompatible RAM modules!
1)I mean since my hack doesn't recognize the wifi card yet I will half to download clover from my laptop.
2) The ram is G.SKILL 16GB TridentZ Series DDR4 PC4-25600 3200MHz; the ones recommended in your guide; although I didn't check if there is a compatibility issue with the deluxe ii vs the A. I'll look it up.
Edit: ok so put clover on the flash drive but it didn't end up mattering the wifi card (both bands) was detected upon restart. Also the screen firtzs(the picture goes blurry from time to time) I hope my mobo or psu aren't defective.

Last edited:
Im about to restart my project and start back at square one. Thank you @kgp for your idiot proof guid lol, i got a kick out of that. I will post in the next few hours if I have any trouble or a huge breakthrough! Thank you for the quick and detailed responses, they are quite helpful.

Ok, so I pasted your command in to terminal, and that didn't work. So then I typed cd and dragged and dropped the file into terminal and clicked enter. sure enough I got this error again. I must be making an incredibly stupid mistake. Is there something wrong with the files i'm using?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 8.02.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 8.02.38 PM.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 105
  • UEFIPatch_0.3-1.9_osx.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 99
Ok, I got it!!!!!! Now i'm moving on to clover stuff.

When I try to update the bios, I get an error that says select a correct bios. I changed the name and stuff, but its still not a .cap file I guess.

I have tried to use the BIOS flash back button on the motherboard, I get nothing still the light just stays blue every time. Im going to try a different USB drive and hopefully that will fix it.

Ok I have completed the basic portion of the post installation guide. Everything is running great except for the wifi(which only works every other restart, and even dhcp must configurated manually each time) and the ram issue mentioned earlier. I disabled the the onboard wifi and bluetooth on the bios so it shouldn't be conflicting with the Hackintosh card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back