Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 8.59.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-28 at 8.59.59 PM.png
    214.5 KB · Views: 108
  • X99_Gigabyte_ASUS.zip
    224 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
@kgp and @nmano:

So, kgp, I took a shot at looking at your SDDT-HDMI file with macIASL, and I think there might be an issue....I downloaded it, double-clicked and got this....here's a screenshot.....

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 9.19.07 AM.png

BUT, on a separate note - I resolved my problem with my LG monitor not showing up in Sound listings (and therefore I couldn't use it). I used Toleda's script at: audio_hdmi_amd-nvidia-master, opened his SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-BR3A.aml, did a search and replace for BR3A to BR2C, and it worked. I could have sworn I did this in the past, but oh well....works now. If a copy of my compiled SSDT-HDMI-BR2C-5.aml file is useful, I'll be happy to provide it.

As always, you guys deserve so much praise and thanks (!!!) for all you do for this community! All the best!

Last edited:
Could this be why im having graphics aceleration issues? I also have the 1080ti in the 2nd big pci slot.View attachment 288801 View attachment 288802

Look at this! PCIe Lane Width x2 instead of x16!!! And you are surprised that you have graphics acceleration issues???

You obviously cannot use your graphics card in the second large PCIe slot, which only supports 2 PCIe lanes instead of the 16 required by your graphics card! :rolleyes:o_O

@kgp and @nmano:

So, kgp, I took a shot at looking at your SDDT-HDMI file with macIASL, and I think there might be an issue....I downloaded it, double-clicked and got this....here's a screenshot.....

View attachment 288767

BUT, on a separate note - I resolved my problem with my LG monitor not showing up in Sound listings (and therefore I couldn't use it). I used Toleda's script at: audio_hdmi_amd-nvidia-master, opened his SSDT-HDMI-NVIDIA-BR3A.aml, did a search and replace for BR3A to BR2C, and it worked. I could have sworn I did this in the past, but oh well....works now. If a copy of my compiled SSDT-HDMI-BR2C-5.aml file is useful, I'll be happy to provide it.

As always, you guys deserve so much praise and thanks (!!!) for all you do for this community! All the best!

Obviously my ssdt-hdmi.aml script only works with the ASUS X99-A II and maybe also with the ASUS X99 Deluxe II, but the Nvidia Graphics card MUST be in PCIe Slot 0!!! Otherwise you have to modify the ssdt-hdmi.aml... I will now implement also all other PCI devises of my build in a stepwise approach...

Otherwise you have to modify the ssdt-hdmi.aml...
HDMI audio is also part of NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.20 so you may not need an SSDT.

HDMI audio is also part of NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.20 so you may not need an SSDT.

Yup or you do not need NvidiaGraphicsFixup 1.20 ;) At least me I don't use it....

Look at this! PCIe Lane Width x2 instead of x16!!! And you are surprised that you have graphics acceleration issues???

You obviously cannot use your graphics card in the second large PCIe slot, which only supports 2 PCIe lanes instead of the 16 required by your graphics card! :rolleyes:o_O

weird on my board all my big slots say x16

I put the card in slot 1 but still only showing 8x and in says slot 4

do i need to update or refresh the driver or something?
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 12.25.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back