Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: kgp
I do mention in my guide that in case of problems when booting one should check KernelPM! That now you need also the xpcm_idle patch seems an particular exception I cannot account for... In any case, it has absolutely no consequences for
going through the rest of the post install process...

It was probably just the KernelPM flag that did it. I changed both at the same time - in any case, it worked.

I've also now finished my install - applied the power management config, and am a happy camper! Thank you so much for your guides @kgp.

I have one final question re: patching of Bios - will this in any way affect Dual Boot / Windows installs?

It was probably just the KernelPM flag that did it. I changed both at the same time - in any case, it worked.

I've also now finished my install - applied the power management config, and am a happy camper! Thank you so much for your guides @kgp.

I have one final question re: patching of Bios - will this in any way affect Dual Boot / Windows installs?

Nope, no effect in windows!

Just to let you know (it looks like) I have sorted out all my stability and sleep problems after the supplemental update as I expected it wasn't related to anything form "hackintoshing" world, the problem was with the bluetooth controller I believe because of nvram used to set up bluetooth and then I have to remove nvram driver for the time of the update something goes wrong but after resetting bluetooth all seems to be back on track!

I have noticed some audio distortion with my audio interface Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 - doesn't matter what usb port it is connecter 2.0 3.0 or 3.1 I am getting strange cracks and clicks if something happening same time on the screen, sometimes even a fast mouse scrolling can make some strange sound behaviour, the onboard sound is perfect so I believe it could be related somewhere in the usb department, I am not so sure but I think i had same problem in 10.12 but never actually tried to resolve it, really appreciate for any help in this subject, thanks very much!

After supplementary update i am getting instant reboot after: How can i fix it? Thank you.
gioscreenlockstate

After supplementary update i am getting instant reboot after: How can i fix it? Thank you.
gioscreenlockstate

Reinstall updated Nvidia Web Drivers!

Reinstall updated Nvidia Web Drivers!

But how? I can't reach to login screen. in verbose mode immediately restart after gioscreenlockstate.

thank you

But how? I can't reach to login screen. in verbose mode immediately restart after gioscreenlockstate.

thank you

Please see already modified Section E3.) "Graphics Configuration" of my Skylake-X/X299 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide.

I am very busy with the latter system at the moment. That's the reason why I could not find time for providing respective updates for my Broadwell-E/EP(Haswell-E/EP)/X99 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide.

I regret for this inconvenience and ask all respective users for a little bit more patience. I promise to provide an update of my Broadwell-E/EP(Haswell-E/EP)/X99 macOS High Sierra 10.13 Desktop Guide within the next days, including the distribution of a new modified EFI-Folder!

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back