Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just naked installation of the the Nvidia Webdriver? My sys is clean at this time.
No check "NividaWeb" in system parameters? Sip? NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext? etc etc?

Sure! Web Driver Install + Black Screen Prevention. You will have to find your proper way to do it.

That's why you should backup your system disk at any cost before, for security and fall back reasons!

I would like to thank you KGP.
My hack is perfectly working final High Sierra with your extensive, well written guide.
Here is my hack specs;

Asus X99-E WS
i7-5960X
64GB RAM
TITAN X (Maxwell)

Everything is working great so far!
Thanks again.

I would like to thank you KGP.
My hack is perfectly working final High Sierra with your extensive, well written guide.
Here is my hack specs;

Asus X99-E WS
i7-5960X
64GB RAM
TITAN X (Maxwell)

Everything is working great so far!
Thanks again.
Aloha, I don't mean to hijack this thread but may I ask what bios version you are running and also ask if you could upload your clover config and kexts? I have the same motherboard and video card though I have a i7-6900 cpu. I am currently running Sierra 10.12.6 and intend to upgrade to High Seirra. Thanks.

Aloha, I don't mean to hijack this thread but may I ask what bios version you are running and also ask if you could upload your clover config and kexts? I have the same motherboard and video card though I have a i7-6900 cpu. I am currently running Sierra 10.12.6 and intend to upgrade to High Seirra. Thanks.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-10-07 в 19.24.44.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-10-07 в 19.24.44.png
    704.4 KB · Views: 199
  • EFI.zip
    24.3 MB · Views: 93

@mimixa , perfect and excellent job! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Apart from the impressive system results, how did you manage to properly install the web driver? Just for all others yet wandering around in the dark :lol:;)

Last edited:
Is here anyone who can test and confirm that USB-C in asus x99 Deluxe II works with no problems with this guide ?
I have nothing to test it right now but want to invest in wacom cintiq pro 16 and connect it through usbc, before I do it I would like to hear that usbC is working fine, thanks

The machine runs Sierra fine (using @kgb outstanding Sierra guide),but I'm having trouble with the WindowServer restart problem, on 10.13 install. My machine:

ASUS X-99-A II
i7-5930K
2xEVGA Maxwell Titan X
64GB RAM
1TB Crucial SSD (Sierra's installed here)
1TB Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD (this is the eventual home of 10.13)
(a bunch of other disks in a ZFS pool: these aren't the problem, because I shut them all off in the BIOS)
OSXWIFI Bluetooth/802.11 card

I've got the installer on a USB drive, in the 3.1 slot on the motherboard, and it loads a bunch of stuff (via -v), but then gets to the WindowServer restart thing, and just hangs. I'm not 100% sure which version of High Sierra this is trying to install, and I'm not 100% sure what the problem is. I'm OK with waiting for things to get better, but I sort of wanted to get HS on this box this weekend.

Note that I'm stalled out well before trying to install the nVidia web drivers, mind.

OK, actually, I removed one of the Titans, and I was able to get past the hang and start installing the OS onto the Samsung drive. Whoo hoo! Maybe it's time to upgrade from the 2xTitans, as I'm no longer doing heavy duty CUDA development.

Done. Now I just need a stable build of ZFS and I'm good. Also, will need to upgrade to the nVidia web drivers, but for now, I'm good.

Last edited:
What worries me is the fact that when booting the third time the installer still tells you 17 min remaining! This has nothing to do with the graphics card! Something is wrong!

Yes I assume the same. Could it be my mobo, an MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition?? I am running out of ideas.

Are you sure that you use the FULL MacOS Install Package???!
Yes, double checked.

I was previously using your EFI-X99-10.13-Final-Release-031017.zip, now I'm trying EFI-X99-10.13-SU-Release-061017.zip. Removed the NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext_1.1.3.zip kext from USB and SSD now.

Everytime I reboot and try this from scratch I seem to get different results... it makes me think it's the mobo or my setup...

PLEASE NOTE: I'm on a MacBook Pro with El Capitan. When I format my SSD with "Disk Utility" it's ofc not APFS. Should I be doing:
"diskutil apfs convert /dev/diskX"

From the USB Installer BEFORE attempting to install High Sierra on my SSD? Thanks.

EDIT -

If there are any HW recommendations for me to make (minimal if possible) to get a desktop High Sierra install I'm open to recommendations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back