Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi kgp,

Haha...i am calm ;)

Just frustrated after weeks and weeks of reloading and trying to get it to work.

I've tried every combination and still 980Ti is not working. Just black screen or white cursor with refresh of same IOConsoleUser messages.

When i plug in my 10.12.6 SSD/HDD (your previous guide for 10.12 Sierra) everything works fine, so it's not the card.

#563 a.) First question: your SMBIOS is macPro6,1? - Yes my SMBIOS is macPro6,1 :thumbup:

#565 - I have done multiple clean installs of macOS High Sierra. The moment the Nvidia Web Drivers are installed it all goes to ****!!!

Neither the HDMI or Displayport connection are working.

Once macOS High Sierra is installed to the SSD/HDD and the initial configuration is completed it will boot to the Desktop fine using the native OSX display drivers without graphics acceleration. I follow your guide step by step and once the Nvidia Web Drivers are installed and a reboot takes place that's were it will not boot to the desktop i.e. all i get is a black screen or the continuous IOConsoleUser messages.

Regards

Hi kgp,

Haha...i am calm ;)

Just frustrated after weeks and weeks of reloading and trying to get it to work.

I've tried every combination and still 980Ti is not working. Just black screen or white cursor with refresh of same IOConsoleUser messages.

When i plug in my 10.12.6 SSD/HDD (your previous guide for 10.12 Sierra) everything works fine, so it's not the card.

#563 a.) First question: your SMBIOS is macPro6,1? - Yes my SMBIOS is macPro6,1 :thumbup:

#565 - I have done multiple clean installs of macOS High Sierra. The moment the Nvidia Web Drivers are installed it all goes to ****!!!

That is what I don't understand! If you use SMBIOS macPro6,1 like me and you immediately run the AGDPfix.app after installing the web driver but BEFORE rebooting as requested by the web driver installation it should work without anything else!

Can you do a clean install and exactly apply what I am proposing?

Attachments

• AGDPfix.app.zip
    85.1 KB · Views: 73
After a weekend of multiple installs and black screens I did find success using the b.) alternative approach.
  • NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in /Library/Extensions
this NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext can be also with other kexts on EFI partition, tested myself! Once I got a black screen and I side loaded this kext on the usb together with all the other and got brightness again

kgp,

I have completed what you are proposing in #570 well over 20+ times now and in that order.

i.e. I boot from Clover USB installer, run the Disk Utility and erase the SSD/HDD. Install macOS High Sierra. System reboots and completes the installation of High Sierra from/to the SSD/HDD. System reboots again and boots from SSD/HDD and the initial configuration completes. From the desktop, install the latest Clover bootloader to SSD/HDD. Unzip your latest
FI-X99-10.13-Final-Release-031017.zip

and copy the contents to SSD/HDD EFI folder and confirm settings in the config.plist file. Install the alternative Nvidia Web Drivers and do not reboot. Apply the AGDPFix patch and then reboot. All this equals to is a black screen with Displayport.

When i reset and have the HDMI cable connected, i get the console messages #561 attachment.

Even changing the SIP setting (CsrActiveConfig) from 0x67, to 0x3 & 0x0 does nothing to help boot my macOS High Sierra build into the macOS Desktop. So i'm lost...:mad::banghead:

this NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext can be also with other kexts on EFI partition, tested myself! Once I got a black screen and I side loaded this kext on the usb together with all the other and got brightness again

Did you just use NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in the EFI-partition Or in combination with NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and Lilu.kext?

Does your cpu has igpu?

kgp,

I have completed what you are proposing in #570 well over 20+ times now and in that order.

i.e. I boot from Clover USB installer, run the Disk Utility and erase the SSD/HDD. Install macOS High Sierra. System reboots and completes the installation of High Sierra from/to the SSD/HDD. System reboots again and boots from SSD/HDD and the initial configuration completes. From the desktop, install the latest Clover bootloader to SSD/HDD. Unzip your latest
FI-X99-10.13-Final-Release-031017.zip

and copy the contents to SSD/HDD EFI folder and confirm settings in the config.plist file. Install the alternative Nvidia Web Drivers and do not reboot. Apply the AGDPFix patch and then reboot. All this equals to is a black screen with Displayport.

When i reset and have the HDMI cable connected, i get the console messages #561 attachment.

Even changing the SIP setting (CsrActiveConfig) from 0x67, to 0x3 & 0x0 does nothing to help boot my macOS High Sierra build into the macOS Desktop. So i'm lost...:mad::banghead:

What about @Obecny 's NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext approach? See post #571

Did you just use NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in the EFI-partition Or in combination with NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and Lilu.kext?

Does your cpu has igpu?
NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and Lilu.kext
all in EFI partition ONLY, asus deluxe II with 6900k 1x GTX970 so NO igpu
smbios macpro 6.1

Reactions: kgp
Also if i boot without Nvidia Graphics (i.e. nv_disable=1 or disable the kexts from loading i.e. from clover boot menu)

i get Black screen with

IOConsoleUsers: time(0) 0->0, lin 0, llk 1,
IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

blinking in the top left corner of the screen. That's my experience with getting macOS High Sierra working on my hardware.

NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and Lilu.kext
all in EFI partition ONLY, asus deluxe II with 6900k 1x GTX970 so NO igpu

However I recently have been told that NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext already implements and applies both the AGDPfix and NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext fix. However, you say that only with NvidiaGraphisFixup.kext and Lilu.kext in the EFI-Folder you are not able to fix the black screen issue. You indeed need NVWebDriverLibValFix.kext in addition?

Any other additional patches to that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back