Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,kgp

thanks for your guide,some info maybe help for us.this is what i meet in my setup.

1,if u meet,only cursor blink before clover boot menu.try remove CsmVideoDxe-64.efi,it is unecessory on some pc.will cause unable to boot in to clover.
2,if u use more than ong graphic card,eg:nv sli,can't boot in to clover menu,try only leave one card.when you finish your setup,installed web driver,then two card will be ok.(it's my dual boot(windows+mac) pc,so i use sli)

Now,my only unsolved problem is that i can't hibernate.sleep is ok.
with your x99 old 10.12.6 guide,hibernate is ok(with lilu+hibernatefixup).
10.13.1 hibernate,will reboot immedity after wake from clover boot menu.
i try to change other fakesmc but not solved.there is less info about 10.13 hibernate.so i just wait there is more info,seems it's cause by new hibernate mechanism.

i use hiberate to save my workspace ,then reboot to windows for play game、for unexpected power off,etc。
for me hibernate is a useful feature.

First of all you have done a fantastic work.
I have similur setup (GA-X99 UD4 though) and everything works like a charm except 1 thing. The XCPM power management.
sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode reports 0 although everything seems identical to your setup. (i have a haswell processor and have done the necessary adjustments)
I am trying to enable the C-States cause my CPU is working at 40W non stop.
Any idea how to enable sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode and why i get a 0 ?

Anyone patched the new 1801 Bios for the x99A2?

I was just waiting for someone to bring BIOS patching up, since I've patched (UEFIPatch 0.3.9) my ASUS Deluxe II with latest 1802 BIOS, and believe to have lost my CPU C3 & C6 states, only CPU-P states exist (AppleIntelInfo)...

I've even reinstalled a new 10.13.1 OS, generated ssd.aml (ssdtPRGen.sh), then generated new frequency vectors with FreqVectorsEdit.sh and re-used my previously running Clover config.plist (as per this KGP guide), but still no C3/C6 residency...

Boa sorte,
Paulo

Attachments

• AppleIntelInfo.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 173
Hi Augusto.... I really hope you get your rig to work.
I have a similar one.
The current problem I have is that the SSDT does not seem to load at all..... I do not see any of the additional devices...
Not sure what the problem is.
Everything seems wrong.

Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-03 um 21.32.20.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-12-03 um 21.32.20.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 122
I have a similar one.
The current problem I have is that the SSDT does not seem to load at all..... I do not see any of the additional devices...
Everything seems wrong.

Thanks, Mike

Is it working Pmdrvr.kext for you ? i have similar build 6900k and x99 a II and i have random reboots

I have a similar one.
Everything seems wrong.

Thanks, Mike

If just one device implementation is wrong, none of all even successfully implemented devices will show up under "PCI". Perform a stepwise device integration. Don't add further devices to your aml, before those already implemented show up under "PCI".

I have a similar one.
Everything seems wrong.

Thanks, Mike

If just one device implementation is wrong, none of all even successfully implemented devices will show up under "PCI". Perform a stepwise device integration. Don't add further devices to your aml, before those already implemented show up under "PCI".

Hi michaeljeger,

kgp is right, we should only add one at a time for any new PCI device into the SSDT. As an example, I was able to add the IMEI device and have it shown in PCI tab, but then I changed something else in it and it was just gone...:confused:

Anyway, I'm attaching here my EFI folder for your reference (removed "Firmware.scap" & Themes folder).

Please note that I've decided to update my ASUS Deluxe II BIOS to version 1802 (unlocked with UEFIPatch) and also update OSX to 10.13.1 - I'm also attaching here my BIOS screenshots, maybe it will help you.;)

KEEPING ALL BLUETOOTH DEVICES AMONGST MULTIPLE OSX INSTALLATIONS:
One nice thing I've discovered for any one that has multiple OSX installed on his rig while maintaining his Bluetooth devices paired on all of them:
  • Pair all bluetooth devices on a chosen OSX
  • Login into non paired bluetooth OSX and execute following commands in Terminal:
    • sudo cp -Rf /Volumes/<paired OSX>/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.bluetoothd.plist /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/
    • sudo cp -Rf /Volumes/<paired OSX>/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist /Library/Preferences/
    • reboot
  • Go on to System Preferences panel to configure any Bluetooth Mouse, keyboard & trackpad further settings

Boa sorte,
Paulo

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 118
  • Arquivo Comprimido.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 72
Hey guys! Almost installed fully. Having some issues with NVidia Web drivers as you discussed in your guide.

I am getting the gIOScreenLockState 3 error. Despite my injecting the web driver flag and moving the nvidiafix kext into other.

Is anyone else running into these issues with 10.13.1 I'm so close.

Thanks,
Davis

Hi michaeljeger,

kgp is right, we should only add one at a time for any new PCI device into the SSDT. As an example, I was able to add the IMEI device and have it shown in PCI tab, but then I changed something else in it and it was just gone...:confused:

Anyway, I'm attaching here my EFI folder for your reference (removed "Firmware.scap" & Themes folder).

Please note that I've decided to update my ASUS Deluxe II BIOS to version 1802 (unlocked with UEFIPatch) and also update OSX to 10.13.1 - I'm also attaching here my BIOS screenshots, maybe it will help you.;)

KEEPING ALL BLUETOOTH DEVICES AMONGST MULTIPLE OSX INSTALLATIONS:
One nice thing I've discovered for any one that has multiple OSX installed on his rig while maintaining his Bluetooth devices paired on all of them:
  • Pair all bluetooth devices on a chosen OSX
  • Login into non paired bluetooth OSX and execute following commands in Terminal:
    • sudo cp -Rf /Volumes/<paired OSX>/private/var/root/Library/Preferences/com.apple.bluetoothd.plist /private/var/root/Library/Preferences/
    • sudo cp -Rf /Volumes/<paired OSX>/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist /Library/Preferences/
    • reboot
  • Go on to System Preferences panel to configure any Bluetooth Mouse, keyboard & trackpad further settings

Boa sorte,
Paulo

Dear kgp and augusto
Many thanks, now it all makes sense.... this is a very novel topic for me.
Your answers really will help me investigate in the right direction.
I hope I will get this to work as you have.

Mike

Important notification for @All

New Section E.9) ASUS X99-A II PCI Device Implementation - Sleep/Wake functionality in the originating post of this thread/guide.

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back