The Perfect Customac Pro - macOS High Sierra 10.13 on X99 - Full Success

Discussion in 'High Sierra Desktop Guides' started by kgp, Jul 12, 2017.

1. kgp

kgp

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    Intel I7-6950X
    Graphics:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI-X
    Mac:
    iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Jul 12, 2017 at 3:52 PM #1
    kgp

kgp

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    Intel I7-6950X
    Graphics:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI-X
    Mac:
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Overview.png

This X99 macOS High Sierra 10.13 desktop guide is the logical continuation of my successful macOS Sierra 10.12 guide and build: The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX TI Xtreme (hereafter, Sierra Desktop Guide). At the same time, it will be my last guide based on X99 Systems, with X299 and Skylake-X ante portas. Due to the still beta stage of macOS High Sierra 10.13 (PB4/DP5), this guide might still marginally grow with time all along upcoming public beta releases. However, it is really amazing that my X99 system already behaves absolutely stable and is fully functional like in case of a final release, including native Handoff and Airdrop and even forced Sleep/Wake functionality! Many thanks to @DSM2 (DSM2 in the hackintosh-forum.de) for his great collaboration and important contribution to the initial 10.13 system setup, which allowed to reach a high level of sophistication already with macOS High Sierra 10.13 PB2/DP3! :clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup::clap::clap: Yet to be solved issues are just related to the Nvidida 10.13 Webdriver, which yet has not been released, although currently I use a workaround with the 10.12.6 WebDriver, which permits the proper detection of Nvidia Maxwell or Pascal Graphics cards with proper resolution and video acceleration also under 10.13.

Let me first briefly summarize once more my actual build, which shall constitute the reference for this macOS High Sierra Desktop Guide. Note however that like in case of 10.12 macOS Sierra, there should be compatibility of my guide with all Broadwell-E/EP and Haswell-E processors and most X99 mobos (ASUS, GYGABYTE, ASRock, MSI etc.). During the last weeks I received even success feedback of users with Broadwell-EP/Haswell-EP processers with up to 22 cores (44 threads) at clock speeds around 2.8 Ghz each thread, making X99 to a "realtively cheap" and serious alternative to the yet to be released iMac Pro. In detail, success with my 10.13 Desktop Guide has been reported for the ASUS X99 Deluxe II by users @Obecny (i7-6900K), @GDS (E5-2696V4), @wayne2401 (i7-6900K), @duckgrossberg (i7-6950X) and @Whydotheneedthis (i7-6850K), the Asus X99 Sabertooth by user @Pears (i7-6950X) and once more for the Asus X99-A II by user @dragoonchang (E5-2696V3). Further user feedback for other mobo and CPU configurations as well as suggestions for further improvements are highly welcome and will be considered and implemented if adequate and applicable.

Hardware Summary

Motherboard:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU: I7-6950X(10-core)
    RAM: 128GB KIT (8x16GB) G.Skill TridentZ (F4-3200C14Q2-128GTZSW)
    System Disk: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB (SSD) / Samsung 960 EVO 1TB (NVMe, M.2)
    RAID: 3x Western Digital Red Pro 6TB (18TB);
    Graphics: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G (GV-N108TAORUS X-11GD)
    Wifi + Bluetooth:
    OSXWIFI PC/Hackintosh - Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe
    Power Supply: Corsair AX860
    CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i v2
    Webcam: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C930
    Monitor: LG 38UC99-W, 38", WQHD, 21:9, 3840x1600 pixel, 75 Hz.
    Case: Corsair CC600TWM-WHT, Graphite Series 600T, Mid Tower
    Keyboard: Logitech K811
    Mouse: Logitech Ultra-Thin Touch Mouse T631
    Blu-Ray/DVD Writer: LG Super Multi Blue BH16 (BH16NS55)
    Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.6

screen.png

For further details see my Sierra Desktop Guide.

ASUS Mainboard BIOS Patching

On a real mac with native OSX/MacOS power management, the MSR 0xE2 register is unlocked and therefore writeable. On ASUS mobos this register is read only. When the kernel tries to write to this locked register, it causes panic. This panic can happen so early in the process that it results in a reboot. With dedicated software, one is able to patch the BIOS for ASUS mobos and unlock the MSR 0xE2 register. The patched BIOS finally can be uploaded to the ASUS mobo by means of the ASUS BIOS Flashback Utility. The individual steps are detailed in my Sierra Desktop Guide. Note however, that also the actual macOS High Sierra 10.13 desktop guide implements methods to circumvent the MSR 0xE2 register write, thus the BIOS patching is strongly recommended but not deemed necessary. However, always remember that without patched BIOS on ASUS mobos, one has to check the KernelPm entry and enable the xcpm_idl_wrmsr KernelToPatch entry in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section of the Clove Configurator! However, these settings will be addressed once more in more detail in the respective sections below.

KernelPM-xcpm-idl.png

Also note that the MSR 0xE2 register lock does not relate to Gigabyte, ASRock or MSI mobos. Users with the latter board configuration can simply ignore this section of my guide.

macOS High Sierra 10.13 BIOS Settings

bios.jpg

The BIOS settings for macOS High Sierra 10.13 are identical with the BIOS settings for macOS Sierra 10.12 and can be directly retrieved from my Sierra Desktop Guide but are also summarized here below for the sake of simplicity.

BIOS-Settings.png

Press F7 and subsequently F10 key to change to "Standard Mode", Save and Reboot

System Upgrade from macOS High Sierra PB3/DP4 to macOS High Sierra PB4/DP5

upgrade-1.png

If you already previously performed the upgrade to macOS High Sierra 10.13 PB3/DP4 from macOS Sierra 10.12 or macOS High Sierra 10.13 PB2/DP3 by means of my 10.13 desktop guide, you already performed all subsequent steps of the post-installation process and you now want to upgrade to the latest macOS High Sierra 10.13 distribution (actually PB3/DP4), backup your 10.13 system disk and its EFI folder and follow steps 1.) to 9.) detailed below.

Detailed upgrade process:

1.) Download the latest version of EFI-10.13-TM attached towards the end of this post and complete the therein contained EFI
    configuration based on your currently working 10.13 PB3/DP4 EFI settings (e.g. kexts, amls etc.). Note that EFI-10.13-TM just contains the basic EFI configuration to successfully boot the upgrade/installer partition to PB4/DP5! However it does not implement any modifications performed during the post-installation process detailed below and likely performed already before during the PB2/DP3 or PB3/DP4 installation for your specific and particular system configuration!

The EFI folder contained in EFI-10.13-TM-080817.zip attached towards the end of this post contains the following PB4/DP5 related and non-related modifications:

a) PB4/DP5 related modifications:
    • Upgrade of Clover Boot Loader to version 4152
    • Modification of the NVMe external icon KernelToPatch entry, which still does not seem to work in my case (see workaround in Section M.2/NVMe configuration below)
    b.) non-PB4/DP5 related modifications:
    • Update of AppleALC.kext to version 1.13
    • Update of Lilu.kext to version 1.1.6
    • minor modifications in X99_Injector USB 3.kext
    Also note the recent update (30 July 2017) of point 7 in Section "System Upgrade from macOS Sierra 10.12 to macOS High Sierra 10.13" with revised and added "CPU Type", "FakeCPUID", "xcpm_cpuid_set_info" and "xcpm_bootstrap" entries for Broadwell-E/EP and Haswell-E/EP under macOS High Sierra 10.13!

Remember that without patched BIOS on ASUS mobos, one has to additional check the KernelPm entry in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section of the Clove Configurator to successfully boot the PB3/DP4 installer! This entry is unchecked in my original EFI-10.13-TM distribution!

KernelPM.png

After finishing its likely necessary adaptation and modification, replace your former EFI Folder by the modified EFI folder of EFI-folder of EFI-10.13-TM-080817.zip.​

2.) Subsequently, go to the AppStore and download and install under "Updates" the corresponding PB4/DP5 installer package
    and reboot the system.​

3.) While rebooting, press the F8 button to enter the BIOS boot menu. Select to boot from your 10.13 System Drive.

4.) Now select the newly available macOS High Sierra Installation partition of your 10.13 System Drive on the Clover Boot
    screen and press enter to start with the else automatic upgrade procedure.

Note that the direct upgrade would fail with the "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (already removed in EFI-10.13-TM)!

IMG_0683.JPG

Those working with the already obsolete "EmuVariableUefi-64.efi" have to download and install the full package installer from the App-Store (drop this link to the navigation toolbar of Safari: macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288).

After finishing the PB4/DP5 Upgrade, the System will reboot.
    5.) While rebooting, press again the F8 button to enter the BIOS boot menu. Select once more to boot from your 10.13 System
    Drive. Subsequently, select once more the 10.13 System Drive on the Clover Boot Screen and boot the now upgraded system.​

6.) Now proceed to Section Graphics Configuration. If you already succeed in successfully installing the macOS Sierra 10.12.6
    WebDriver workaround in earlier beta versions of macOS High Sierra 10.13, it seems sufficient to just once more apply point 1, 2 and 4 of the easy workaround approach.
    7.) Now proceed to the Section "Xnu CPU Power Managment XCPM" below, and re-inject the frequency vector to your Mac-
    F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist. Note that the latter file has been rewritten during the macOS High Sierra upgrade!
    8.) If you previously decided to go for sleep/wake functionality instead of EIST and PMDrvr.kext, finally proceed to
    Section Sleep/Wake Functionality below and redo the DSDT creation. Copy the resulting DSDT.aml to
    /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and reboot.​

You are done! :thumbup:

The same update procedure will also apply for all future beta and final macOS High Sierra 10.13 releases.

System-Upgrade from macOS Sierra 10.12 to macOS High Sierra 10.13

upgrade.png

Here one finds the respective guideline for the upgrade from macOS Sierra 10.12 to the latest macOS High Sierra 10.13 distribution. The procedure for a clean install of macOS High Sierra 10.13 is described in the subsequent section.

1.) Please be aware that macOS High Sierra 10.13 currently is still BETA . I therefore strongly encourage to
    perform the upgrade on a separate test drive!​

2.) To do so, clone your current macOS Sierra system drive onto a virgin test drive of adequate size, previously formatted in
    HFS+ [(Mac OS Extended (Journaled)] with a GUID partition table by means of Apple's Disk Utility. For the clone procedure itself, I recommend the use of Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC).​

3.) To participate in the free Public Beta, you must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program using your Apple ID. To do so,
    download, unzip and execute the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg attached towards the end of this post and install the contained pkg installation package. After installation, you will be directed to the App-Store (you can also directly drop this link to the navigation toolbar of Safari: macappstores://itunes.apple.com/app/id1209167288). To download and install the latest Public Beta distribution (actually PB4), just download the respective macOS High Sierra PB installer. How to enroll to the Apple Developer Program and to download and install the latest Developer Preview Installer (actually DP5) cannot be addressed here due to the respective board rules.

The Public Beta installation procedure will start automatically.

Install-1.png

After agreeing to the terms of the software license agreement, do not continue with the installation on your macOS Sierra System Disk!!! Click the "Show All Disks.. " button instead​

Install-2.png

and select your test drive, which you cloned before from your macOS Sierra System disk.​

Install-3.png

In case of PB2/DP3 it was possible to uncheck the APFS-Upgrade option. Already with PB3/DP4 and now also with PB4/DP5 Apple has removed this option and now forces NVMe and SDD users to use APFS. Only in case of HDDs, HFS+ is still the standard file system.

Install-4.png

In the final release, the Apple File System (APFS) will anyway replace HFS+. However, at present the HFS+ File System ensured better system and software compatibility.

Now finish the installation, but do not reboot yet.​

4.) Download and install the the latest clover distribution by verifying the proper Install-Location (your test drive). During the
    installation, clover will create the required EFI partition.​

5.) In a subsequent step, delete the content of the EFI partition created by clover and copy the content of
    the EFI directory being part of the EFI-10.13-TM (attached towards the bottom of this post) to the now empty EFI partition.
    6.) In case that EFI-10.13-TM once would not contain the most actual clover distribution (which presently is not the case)
    download and install once more the latest clover distribution by verifying the proper Install-Location (your test drive) and customizing (don't press "Install" but "Customize" before) the following options:

a) Install for UEFI booting only

b) Install Clover in the ESP

c) Select the Bootloader Themes you want to install

d) Enable Install RC scripts on target volume

e) under Drivers64UEFI check CsmVideoDxe-64.efi and uncheck all other driver options

f) Select Install RC scripts on target volume

g) Select Install Clover Preference Pane
    7.) Edit the config.plist in the EFI folder with the latest version of the Clover Configurator

7.1.) If you use Broadwell-EP or especially Haswell-E instead of Broadwell-E,
    and apply the following changes:

a.) CPU "TYPE" in the "CPU" Section (obsolete with properly configured XCPM):

CPU-Type.png
    • Broadwell-E/EP CPU Type: "0x0a02"
    • Haswell-E/EP CPU Type: "0x0a01" (thanks to @nmano for his valuable feedback)
    b.) "FakeCPUID" in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section (obsolete with properly configured XCPM):

FakeCPUID.png
    • Broadwell-E FakeCPUID: "0x040674"
    • Broadwell-EP FakeCPUID: "0x406F1" (thanks to @GDS for his valuable feedback based on his XEON e5-2696v4)
    • Haswell-E/EP standard FakeCPUID: "0x0306F2" (thanks to @nmano and @dragoonchang for their valuable feedback)
    c.) "KernelToPatch" entries in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section:

XCPM-KernelToKext-Patches.png
    • Broadwell-E/EP "xcpm_cpuid_set_info" and "xcpm_bootstrap":
    Code (Text):
    Find:                            Replace:                           Comment:                                    MatchOS:
    723cd077 500fb6c0                6a3cd077 500fb6c0                  xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha         10.13.x
    89d804c4 3c227722                89d804c3 3c227722                  xcpm_bootstrap © Pike R. Alpha              10.13.x
    • Haswell-E/EP "xcpm_cpuid_set_info" and "xcpm_bootstrap":
    Code (Text):
    Find:                            Replace:                           Comment:                                    MatchOS:
    723cd077 500fb6c0                6f3cd077 500fb6c0                  xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha         10.13.x
    89d804c4 3c227722                89d804c1 3c227722                  xcpm_bootstrap © Pike R. Alpha              10.13.x
    Please note that Haswell-E processors in principle do not require the patching of the switch table used by "xcpm_cpuid_set_info". Apple already took care of it. One can therefor disable the xcpm_cpuid_set_info KernelToPatch entry for the latter processor architecture. If you encounter against all expectations problems during your XCPM configuration though, use the "xcpm_cpuid_set_info" entry provided above!

Note that the appropriate Xnu Cpu Power Management (XCPM) settings for each CPU architecture are once more addressed, discussed and finalized in the Xnu Cpu Power Management (XCPM) Section of this guide below.
    7.2.) Remember that without patched BIOS on ASUS mobos, one has to check the KernelPm entry in the "Kernel and Kext
    Patches" Section of the Clove Configurator to successfully boot the PB4/DP5 installer! This entry is unchecked in my original EFI-10.13-TM distribution!

KernelPM.png
    7.3.) Finally, implement the correct "RT Variables" and "SMBIOS" entries from your macOS Sierra build or by following "An
    iDiots's Guide To iMessage" by P1LGRIM. IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to avoid a black screen after boot with Nvidia graphics cards and in order to successfully run XCPM, you have to setup a Mac Pro 6.1 SMBIOS!

7.4.) Now save the config.plist​

8.) Note, that the "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/"-directory of the EFI folder attached towards the end of this post contains the
    Broadwell-E PMDrvr.kext, which is required to enable full EIST functionality on your Broadwell-E system, after enabling the latter functionality also in your mobo BIOS. Note that users with Haswell-E CPU architecture have to replace this kext with the Haswell-E PMDrvr.kext attached towards the end of this post.​

9.) Reboot

10.) While rebooting, press the F8 button to enter the BIOS boot menu. Select to boot from your Test Drive.

11.) In the clover boot menu select "Options" and add "nv_disable=1" to your boot flags.

12.) Now select the macOS High Sierra Installation partition on your test drive and press enter to start with the else automatic
    upgrade procedure. After finishing the Upgrade the System will reboot.
    13.) While rebooting, press again the F8 button to enter the BIOS boot menu. Select again to boot from your Test Drive.

14.) In the clover boot menu, select "Options" and add "nv_disable=1" to your boot flags. Subsequently, click on the Test Drive
    Icon to boot with the upgraded system. You now successfully finished the macOS High Sierra Upgrade Process.​

macOS High Sierra 10.13 Clean Install

clean-install.png

a.) In order to perform a clean install of macOS Sierra 10.13, prepare a USB Flash Drive (source, named USB) and a HDD, SSD
    or NVME test drive as destination by formatting both with HFS+ [(Mac OS Extended (Journaled)] and GUID partition table by means of Apple's Disk Utility.​

b.) To enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program and to download the actual beta version of macOS Sierra 10.13, follow point
    3 above. Once the Installer is in the Application directory of your system disk, run the following terminal command:​

Code (Text):
    sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath  /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra\ Beta.app --nointeraction

c.) Now perform, steps 4) to 8) described in Section "System-Upgrade from macOS Sierra 10.12 to macOS High Sierra
    10.13" above on both your USB flash drive and HDD, SSD or NVME test drive. Both drives
    are now ready for installation. Reboot your System.​

d.) While rebooting, press the F8 button to enter the BIOS boot menu. Select to boot from your USB Flash Drive.

e.) In the clover boot menu select "Options" and add "nv_disable=1" to your boot flag. Then click on the USB Flash Drive Icon
    to start with the macOS High Sierra installation on your virgin HDD, SSD or NVME test drive. As stated above, under PB2/DP3 it was possible to disable the APFS upgrade option and to remain with the yet sever HFS+ file system. Already with PB3/DP4 and now also with PB4/DP5, Apple seems to have removed this option and now forces the user to use the yet fully verified APFS file system. Only in case of HDDs, HFS+ is still the standard file system.​

f.) Reboot after the termination of the macOS High Sierra installation.

g.) While rebooting, press again the F8 button to enter the BIOS boot menu. Now select to boot from your Test Drive.

h.) In the clover boot menu, select "Options" and add "nv_disable=1" to your boot flags. Subsequently, click on the Test Drive
    Icon to boot with the newly installed system. You now successfully finished the macOS High Sierra Clean Installation Process.​

Post Upgrade/Installation Process

post-installation.png

By following the individual steps listed below, you gain an absolutely stable and fully functional system already since macOS High Sierra 10.13 PB2.

Graphics Configuration:

Grphics.png

Note that Nvidia did not distribute a web driver for macOS High Sierra 10.13 yet. Until a macOS High Sierra 10.13 webdriver is released, we have to work with the workaround based on the macOS Sierra 10.12.6 web driver described below.

Easy Workaround:

1.) Backup the original 10.13 AppleGraphicsControl.kext (Apple Graphics Policy kext-file) from S/L/E to your Desktop (you may
    need it once official 10.13 Nvidia Web Drivers are finally released).
    2.) Subsequently download, unzip and copy the 10.12.6 AppleGraphicsControl.kext attached towards the end of this guide to
    S/L/E/​

3.) Note that the this step is only required after update from macOS Sierra 10.12 distributions < 10.12.6 or after a
    clean install of MacOS High Sierra 10.13, other continue to point 4 below! Download the patched 10.12.6 WebDriver Package from HERE and unzip and install the package, subsequently reboot your system. ​

4.) Run the Nvidia Web Driver Updater v1.5 and patch the "NVDAStartupWeb.kext" to "17A330h" (PB4/DP5)

NvidiaWebDriverUpdater.png

Detailed and fully controlled Workaround:

1.) Download and unzip the following files attached towards the end of this post:
    a.) NVIDIA® WebDriver Updater.app
    b.) unpkg45.app (only required after clean install of macOS High Sierra 10.13 or after direct upgrade from macOs Sierra < 10.12.6 )
    c.) 10.12.6 AppleGraphicsControl.kext
    d.) Nvidia 10.12.6 WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01.pkg (only required after clean install of macOS High Sierra 10.13 or after direct upgrade from macOs Sierra < 10.12.6)​

2.) Backup the original 10.13 Apple Graphics Policy kext-file (AppleGraphicsControl.kext) from S/L/E to your Desktop (you may
    need it once a real 10.13 Nvidia WebDriver is released) and subsequently delete the AppleGraphicsControl.kext in S/L/E. Install the 10.12.6 AppleGraphicsControl.kext downloaded above in S/L/E by means of kextbeast or any other program of your choice (able to fix the required permission).​

3.) After upgrade from macOS Sierra 10.12.6, you already posses all NVDA*.kexts in S/L/E/ and you can proceed to point 4.
    After upgrade from < Sierra 10.12.6, you have to delete all NVDA*.kexts in S/L/E/. Note that, the following subsequent procedure is also required after a clean install of MacOS High Sierra 10.13! Start the unpkg.app and drop the 10.12.6. Webdriver-378.05.05.25f01.pkg into the apparent app-window.

unpkg.png

By this, unpk.app will decompose and store the content of the Webdriver-378.05.05.25f01.pkg in a corresponding WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01 directory on your desktop. Open the WebDriver-378.05.05.25f01 directory and drop all kext files in the sub-directory "1.6-85-378.05.05.25f01-NVWebDrivers" to kextbeast. Kextbeast will properly install all kext files in S/L/E/ and fix the required permissions.
    4.) Run Nvidia WebDriver Updater v1.5. Select "NVDAStartupWeb.kext", enter your actual OS build version ("17A330h" for
    PB4/DP5) and press "Patch immediately".

View attachment 266348

By this, the Nvidia WebDriver Updater will patch the NVDAStartupWeb.kext in S/L/E. If you do not know the actual OS build version, click before on "NVIDIA Info & Updates" and subsequently "Check NVIDIA Update. This will display the actual OS build version.
    5.) Apply the AGDPfix.app to avoid a black screen after boot with Nvidia graphics cards (once more attached towards the end of
    this post). Note that the AGDPFix only works with SMBIOS Mac Pro 6.1!

6.) Reboot

7.) If your Nvidia Graphics Card is still not properly recognized, run once more the Nvidia WebDriver Updater v1.5 and patch
    once more the "NVDAStartupWeb.kext" to "17A315i" (PB3/DP4).​

8.) Reboot

Now your Nvidia Graphics Card should be properly recognized by the system.

Graphics.png

Note that the 10.12.6 Webdriver on 10.13 provides OpenGL and Metal support just for Nvidia Kepler graphics cards.
    Pascal and likely also Maxwell users have to live with proper screen resolution and basic video acceleration... the performance of the latter graphics cards is quite laggy, with e.g. glitches when opening or moving windows etc.

Once a 10.13 WebDriver will be available one will have to remove the current workaround by considering the following steps in advance:

a.) Remove all NVDA*.kexts from /S/L/E

b.) Reinstall the native 10.13 AppleGraphicsControl.kext in S/L/E/ with the properly fixed permissions by means of kextbeast or
    the program of your choice.
    c.) Install the yet to be released Nvidia 10.13 WebDriver.

Audio Configuration:

audio.jpg

The EFI folder attached towards the end of this post already contains a fully functional AppleALC audio configuration. If however this audio configuration does not work in your case, perform the following steps listed below.

1.) Download the latest version of the AppleALC.kext from Github and copy it to the "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/"-directory of
    your testdrive.
    2.) Download the latest version of Lilu.kext from Github and copy it to the "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/"-directory of your test
    drive.
    3.) Download the latest version of codeccommander.kext from Github and copy it to the "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/"-directory
    of your test drive.
    4.) Open your config.plist with the Clover Configurator and add the following "DSDT patch" in the "ACPI section":

Code (Text):
    Comment:                Find:           Replace:

Rename ALZA to HDEF     414c5a41        48444546
    Furthermore, Inject Audio ID "1" in the Section "Devices" and save your config.plist​

5.) Open again your config.plist with the textedit.app or any text editor of your choice and add the bootflags "-alcbeta" and
    "-lilubeta".​

Code (Text):
    <key>Arguments</key>[/INDENT]
            <string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000 -igfxbeta -alcbeta -lilubeta</string>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
    [INDENT]

After reboot you should now have a perfectly working analogue audio configuration. Under "System Preferences" and "Audio" select "Internal Speakers" for the Analogue Audio Output and you are done.​

6.) To configure additional digital HDMI or DP graphics card audio output, copy the SSDT-HDMI.aml that you created by means
    of @shilohh 's guide and method under macOS Sierra 10.12 from the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ directory on your macOS Sierra 10.12 system drive to the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ directory of your macOS High Sierrra 10.13 test drive. It will work without any additional modifications. If you perform a clean install of macOS High Sierrra 10.13 and you did not create the SSDT-HDMI.aml before, you will have to create it now by following @shilohh 's guide and method. Please find a fully working SSDT-HDMI.aml sample file for the ASUS X99-A II attached towards the end of this post.​

7.) After another reboot you should have a fully functional analogue and digital audio configuration with the control panel and
    system implementation displayed below.

Control Panel implementation:

Audio.png

Audio System report:

Audio-System-Report.png

USB Configuration:

USB.png

The EFI folder attached towards the end of this post already contains a fully functional USB configuration,which consists of the following implementations:

1.) the "X99_Injector USB 3.kext" in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others/ directory of the 10.13 test drive.

2.) the 10.13 AppleUSBXHCIPCI KextsToPatch entry in the "Kernel and Kext Patches" section of the clover configurator:

Code (Text):
    Name:                  Find:                   Replace:                Comment:                                               MatchOS:
    AppleUSBXHCIPCI        837d8c10         837d8c1b       Change 15 port limit to 24 in XHCI kext 10.13 PB2 (series 9 mobos)   10.13.x

3.) the ACPI DSDT Patches in the "ACPI" section of the clover configurator listed below:

Code (Text):
    Comment:                   Find* [Hex]       Replace* [Hex]
    change _OSI to XOSI        5f4f5349          584f5349
    change EHC1 to EH01        45484331          45483031
    change EHC2 to EH02        45484332          45483032
    change XHCI to XHC         58484349          5848435f
    change XHC1 to XHC         58484331          5848435f

4.) the following USB settings in the "Device" section of the Clover Configurator: "Inject", "Add ClockID", "FixOwnership"
    - checked; "HighCurrent" - unchecked.
    5.) the BIOS settings:

VT-d disabled
    XHCI Mode Smart Auto
    XHCI Hand-Off Enabled
    EHCI Hand-Off Enabled​

As already in macOS Sierra 10.12, with the above USB configuration, also in macOS High Sierra 10.13 all USB2 and USB3 ports are initialized and work fine. USB2 in USB2, USB3 in USB3, USB2 in USB3 and USB3 in USB2. However, there is a tiny cosmetic error. If one looks to Apple's system report, in principle the USB2.0 Bus, USB3.0 Bus and USB 3.1 Bus are implemented correctly. However, all connected devices independently form being USB2.0, USB3.0 and USB3.1 are assigned to the USB 3.0 Bus.

USB-System-Report.png

M.2/NVME Configuration:

evo.jpg

In contrary to macOS Sierra 10.12, macOS High Sierra 10.13 seems to provide native support of non-4Kn NVMe SSDs, like my Samsung EVO 960 M.2 NVME. All patches applied under macOS Sierra 10.12 seem to be obsolete. The native support of non-4Kn NVMe SSDs enables to unique opportunity to directly perform a clean-install of macOS High Sierra 10.13 on M.2 NVMEs like the Samsung EVO 960.

The only current drawback consists in the external drive implementation of NVMEs. This minor issue should be easily solved by adding the actual External NVME Icon KextToPatch entry to the config.plist by means of the Clover Configurator.

Code (Text):

Name*            Find* [HEX]           Replace* [HEX]        Comment                      MatchOS
    IONVMeFamily     4885c074 07808b20     4885c090 90808b20     External NVME Icon Patch     10.13.x

NVMe-external-icon-patch.png

Not however, that with PB4/DP5 this approach does not seems to work so far, despite the actual KextToPatch entry above! If you still have your NVMe implemented in form of an external drive you have to perform the following workaround, detailed below.

1.) Disable the not working External NVME Icon KextToPatch entry.

2.) Open the IORegistryExplorer, in the upright search field type nvme and take not of values in the left column, i.e. indicated
    as v.1, v.2 and v.3 and marked by red rectangles in the figure below. As you can see by following these entries, your nvme device shows up in PCI0@0 > BR1B@1,1 > H000@0​

NVMe-Patch.png

3.) Download and unzip the SSDT-NVMe-extern-icon-patch.aml.zip, and open the SSDT-NVMe-extern-icon-patch.aml
    with MaciASL-DSDT.app, both attached towards the end of this guide. For deviating system configurations, replace the values highlighted in blue color in the figure below with those of your IOreg, marked by red rectangles and indicated by v.1, v.2 and v.3 in the figure of my IOReg above.
    4.) Save and copy the modified SSDT-NVMe-extern-icon-patch.aml to the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder of your system
    drive.​

5.) Reboot

Now your NVMe drive should correctly show up as internal.

storage.png

Disk-Utility.png

SSD TRIM Support:

Macs only enable TRIM for Apple-provided solid-state drives they come with. If you upgrade a Mac with an aftermarket SSD, the Mac won’t use TRIM with it. The same applies for SSD's used by a Hackintosh. When an operating system uses TRIM with a solid-state drive, it sends a signal to the SSD every time you delete a file. The SSD knows that the file is deleted and it can erase the file’s data from its flash storage. With flash memory, it’s faster to write to empty memory — to write to full memory, the memory must first be erased and then written to. This causes your SSD to slow down over time unless TRIM is enabled. TRIM ensures the physical NAND memory locations containing deleted files are erased before you need to write to them. The SSD can then manage its available storage more intelligently.

Note that the config.plist in the EFI folder of EFI-10.13-TM, attached towards the end of this guide, contains an SSD
    "TRIM Enabler" KextsToPatch entry, which can be found in the " Kernel and Kext Patches" Section of the Clover Configurator.

TRIM Enbaler.png

Code (Text):
    Name*                   Find*[HEX]                  Replace*[HEX]               Comment           MatchOS
    IOAHCIBlockStorage      4150504c 45205353 4400      00000000 00000000 0000      Trim Enabler      10.12.x,10.13.x
    With this KextToPatch entry, SSD TRIM is fully enabled on your 10.13 System, see Apple's System Report below.

TRIM-SystemReport.png

Xnu CPU Power Management (XCPM) Configuration:

power-management.png

The EFI folder of EFI-10.13-TM, attached towards the end of this post, already contains a nearly fully functional XCPM configuration for the i7-6950X Broadwell-E CPU, which needs to be finalized (yet missing injection of frequency vector) and adopted for other CPU configurations (Broadwell-E/EP different from i7-6950X, Haswell-E).

Before finalizing, adapting or tuning the XCPM configuration, verify the following BIOS settings:

Advanced\CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management Configuration\
    • Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST): Disabled
    • Turbo mode: Enabled
    • CPU C-State: Enabled
    • Enhanced C1 State: Enabled
    • CPU C3 Report: Enabled
    • CPU C6 Report: Enabled
    • Package C State Limit: C6(non Retention) state
    Subsequently, follow the individual steps below.

1.) Verify that your System ID is MacPro 6.1

2.) Open the config.plist of your 10.13 test drive and revise the "Kernel and Kext Patches" Section.

XCPM-KernelToKext-Patches.png

Verify (and modify for Haswell-E) the following "KernelToPatch" entries for Broadwell-E/EP:​

Code (Text):
    Find:                                                               Replace:                                                              Comment:                                      MatchOS:
    72 3cd07750 0fb6c0                                                  6a 3cd07750 0fb6c0                                                    xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha           10.13.x
    89d804c4 3c227722                                                   89d804c3 3c227722                                                     xcpm_bootstrap © Pike R. Alpha                10.13.x
    554889E5 41574156 41554154 53504189 D64889FB 85F60F84 84000000      C39089E5 41574156 41554154 53504189 D64889FB 85F60F84 84000000        xcpm_program_msrs © Pike R. Alpha             10.12.x,10.13.x
    be070000 0031d2e8 8ffcffff                                          be070000 0031d290 90909090                                            xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha           10.12.x,10.13.x
    be0b0000 005de908 000000                                            be0b0000 005dc390 909090                                              xcpm_SMT_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha           10.12.x,10.13.x
    be030000 0031d2e8 72fcffff                                          be030000 0031d290 90909090                                            xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha          10.12.x,10.13.x
    b9e20000 000f30                                                     b9e20000 009090                                                       xcpm_idle_wrmsr © Sherlocks                   10.12.x,10.13.x
    b9990100 000f30                                                     b9990100 009090                                                       xcpm_assert_wrmsr © Sherlocks                 10.12.x,10.13.x
    b9980100 000f32                                                     b9980100 0031c0                                                       xcpm_assert_rdmsr © Sherlocks                 10.12.x,10.13.x
    b9a00100 000f32                                                     b9a00100 0031c0                                                       cpuid_set_info_rdmsr © vit9696                10.12.x,10.13.x
    07000000 31d2e88f fcffff                                            07000000 31d29090 909090                                              10.13 Installer/Updater essential             10.12.x,10.13.x

Note that I actually do not use the "xcpm_program_msrs" and "xcpm_core_scope_msrs" entries (disabled) as they seem to disable C3 states! Note that the "xcpm_program_msrs" entry was erroneously called "xcpm_reboot_fix" under 10.12. Note that the "10.13 Installer/updater essential" KernelToPatch entry seems to be required for a successful boot of the 10.13 macOS High Sierra Installer partition, which is created in the frame of the 10.13 macOS High Sierra Update or Clean Install. Please also note that the above KernelToPatch configuration considers a patched ASUS mobo-BIOS with unlocked MSR 0xE2 register. As already mentioned above, a detailed description how to patch an ASUS-BIOS to unlock the MSR 0xE2 register can be found in my Sierra Desktop Guide.

Here are the necessary modifications for the Haswell-E CPU architecture:​
    • Haswell-E "xcpm_cpuid_set_info" and "xcpm_bootstrap":
    Code (Text):
    723cd077 500fb6c0                6f3cd077 500fb6c0                  xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha         10.13.x
    89d804c4 3c227722                89d804c1 3c227722                  xcpm_bootstrap © Pike R. Alpha              10.13.x

Please note that Haswell-E processors in principle do not require the patching of the switch table used by "xcpm_cpuid_set_info". Apple already took care of it. One can therefor disable the xcpm_cpuid_set_info KernelToPatch entry for the latter three processor architectures. If you encounter against all expectations problems during your XCPM configuration though, use the "xcpm_cpuid_set_info" entry provided above!

Many thanks to PMheart and Sherlocks from the InsanelyMac Forum for providing the correct 10.13 XCPM KernelToPatch entries for Broadwell-E! Many thanks to @nmano for providing the correct 10.13 XCPM KernelToPatch entries for Haswell-E!​

3.) Reboot

4.) Verify with the terminal command "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" if the XCPM mode is active. If so,
    "sysctl machdep.xcpm.mode" should return "1".​

5.) Download the latest Piker-Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh distribution from Github.

6.) Drop ssdtPRGen.sh into a terminal and add the following parameters to also enable turbo frequencies ( in my case in line
    with an OC of 4200 Mhz.​

Code (Text):
    ./ssdtPRGen.sh  -turbo 4200

Result:

Code (Text):
    ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9  Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl
                 v6.6  Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
                 v21.5 Copyright (c) 2013-2017 by Pike R. Alpha
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.13 (17A306f)
    Brandstring: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6950X CPU @ 3.00GHz"

Override value: (-turbo) maximum (turbo) frequency, now using: 4200 MHz!

Version: models.cfg v170 / Broadwell.cfg v151

Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'MacPro6,1' with board-id [Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6]
    Broadwell Core i7-6950X processor [0x406F1] setup [0x0a02]
    With a maximum TDP of 140 Watt, as specified by Intel
    Number logical CPU's: 20 (Core Frequency: 3000 MHz)
    Number of Turbo States: 12 (3100-4200 MHz)
    Number of P-States: 31 (1200-4200 MHz)
    Injected C-States for CP00 (C1,C3,C6)
    Injected C-States for CP01 (C1,C3,C6)
    Warning: 'system-type' may be set improperly (1 instead of 3)
         - Clover users should read https://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#acpi_smartups
    Compiling: ssdt_pr.dsl
    Intel ACPI Component Architecture
    ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20140926-64 [Nov  6 2014]
    Copyright (c) 2000 - 2014 Intel Corporation

ASL Input:     /Users/kgp/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.dsl - 467 lines, 13569 bytes, 144 keywords
    AML Output:    /Users/kgp/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml - 3706 bytes, 64 named objects, 80 executable opcodes

Compilation complete. 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations
    7.) Copy the SSDT.aml from ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Please find a fully working SSDT.aml
    sample file for the i7-6950X attached towards the end of this post.
    8.) Reboot

9.) a.) Verify that in the ioRegistryExplorer you have now under CP00@0 the following entry:

Code (Text):
    Property:         Type:         Value:
    plugin-type       Number        0x1
    b.) Verify with the terminal command

Code (Text):
    kextstat|grep -y x86plat
    that the "X86PlatformPlugin.kext" is now loaded. If the command returns something like

Code (Text):
     112    1 0xffffff7f822bc000 0x17000    0x17000    com.apple.driver.X86PlatformPlugin (1.0.0) FD88AF70-3E2C-3935-99E4-C48669EC274B <111 19 18 13 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
     146    1 0xffffff7f822d3000 0x7000     0x7000     com.apple.driver.X86PlatformShim (1.0.0) DCEA94A4-3547-3129-A888-E9D5C77B275E <112 111 13 7 4 3>
    you are fine.

c.) Verify with the terminal command

Code (Text):
    kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
    that you got now rid of the Apple Intel CPU power management. If the result is empty you are fine.
    10.) Download and run Piker-Alpha's latest freqVectorsEdit.sh distribution to add missing FrequencyVectors to Mac-
    F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist, which os located in:

Code (Text):
    /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources
    To do so, you have to choose some other plist-file from the drop-list

Code (Text):
    freqVectorsEdit.sh v3.1 Copyright (c) 2013-2017 by Pike R. Alpha.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/freqVectorsEdit.sh/issues <

Available resource files (plists) with FrequencyVectors:

[  1 ] Mac-031B6874CF7F642A.plist (iMac14,1)
    [  2 ] Mac-06F11F11946D27C5.plist (MacBookPro11,5)
    [  3 ] Mac-06F11FD93F0323C5.plist (MacBookPro11,4)
    [  4 ] Mac-189A3D4F975D5FFC.plist (MacBookPro11,1)
    [  5 ] Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61.plist (iMac14,2)
    [  6 ] Mac-2BD1B31983FE1663.plist (MacBookPro11,3)
    [  7 ] Mac-35C1E88140C3E6CF.plist (MacBookAir6,1)
    [  8 ] Mac-35C5E08120C7EEAF.plist (Macmini7,1 @ 2700)
    [  9 ] Mac-3CBD00234E554E41.plist (MacBookPro11,2)
    [ 10 ] Mac-42FD25EABCABB274.plist (iMac15,1)
    [ 11 ] Mac-473D31EABEB93F9B.plist (MacBookPro13,1 @ 3100 HWP/3400 HWP)
    [ 12 ] Mac-4B682C642B45593E.plist (Unknown Model)
    [ 13 ] Mac-4BFBC784B845591E.plist (Unknown Model)
    [ 14 ] Mac-50619A408DB004DA.plist (Unknown Model)
    [ 15 ] Mac-551B86E5744E2388.plist (MacBookPro14,3 @ 3800 HWP/3900 HWP/4100 HWP)
    [ 16 ] Mac-65CE76090165799A.plist (iMac17,1)
    [ 17 ] Mac-66E35819EE2D0D05.plist (MacBookPro13,2 @ 3300 HWP/3500 HWP/3600 HWP)
    [ 18 ] Mac-77EB7D7DAF985301.plist (iMac14,3)
    [ 19 ] Mac-77F17D7DA9285301.plist (Unknown Model)
    [ 20 ] Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94.plist (Unknown Model)
    [ 21 ] Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5.plist (MacBookAir6,2)
    [ 22 ] Mac-81E3E92DD6088272.plist (iMac14,4)
    [ 23 ] Mac-90BE64C3CB5A9AEB.plist (Unknown Model @ 3000/3200/3600)
    [ 24 ] Mac-937CB26E2E02BB01.plist (MacBookAir7,2 @ 2700/3200)
    [ 25 ] Mac-9AE82516C7C6B903.plist (MacBook9,1 @ 2200 HWP/2700 HWP/3100 HWP)
    [ 26 ] Mac-9F18E312C5C2BF0B.plist (MacBookAir7,1 @ 2700/3200)
    [ 27 ] Mac-A369DDC4E67F1C45.plist (iMac16,1)
    [ 28 ] Mac-A5C67F76ED83108C.plist (MacBookPro13,3 @ 3500 HWP/3600 HWP/3800 HWP)
    [ 29 ] Mac-B4831CEBD52A0C4C.plist (MacBookPro14,1 @ 3400 HWP/4000 HWP)
    [ 30 ] Mac-B809C3757DA9BB8D.plist (iMac17,1)
    [ 31 ] Mac-BE088AF8C5EB4FA2.plist (Unknown Model)
    [ 32 ] Mac-BE0E8AC46FE800CC.plist (MacBook8,1 @ 2400/2600/2900)
    [ 33 ] Mac-CAD6701F7CEA0921.plist (MacBookPro14,2 @ 3500 HWP/3700 HWP/4000 HWP)
    [ 34 ] Mac-CF21D135A7D34AA6.plist (Unknown Model @ 3000/3200/3600)
    [ 35 ] Mac-DB15BD556843C820.plist (iMac17,1)
    [ 36 ] Mac-E43C1C25D4880AD6.plist (MacBookPro12,1)
    [ 37 ] Mac-EE2EBD4B90B839A8.plist (Unknown Model @ 3000 HWP/3200 HWP/3600 HWP)
    [ 38 ] Mac-F305150B0C7DEEEF.plist (Unknown Model @ 2400/2600/2900)
    [ 39 ] Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist (MacPro6,1)
    [ 40 ] Mac-FA842E06C61E91C5.plist (iMac15,1)
    [ 41 ] Mac-FFE5EF870D7BA81A.plist (iMac16,2)

Please choose the desired plist for your hardware (Exit/1-41) ?
    like e.g.

Code (Text):
    [ 35 ] Mac-DB15BD556843C820.plist (iMac17,1)
    which does have well defined frequencies.
    11.) Reboot

12.) To verify that the new Frequency-Vectors from Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist are now loaded, use the following terminal
    command:

Code (Text):
    sysctl -n machdep.xcpm.vectors_loaded_count
    If "0" is returned, then the FrequencyVectors are still missing or are not being used at present. If everything is ok, the command returns "1".
    13.) To verify your new Power Management, download Piker Alpha’s AppleIntelInfo.kext from Github. To compile the code enter
    the following terminal commands:​

Code (Text):
    cd ~/Downloads/AppleIntelInfo-master
    xcodebuild
    cd build/Release
    chmod -R 755 AppleIntelInfo.kext
    sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelInfo.kext
    Load the AppleIntelInfo.kext with "kextload" and "cat" the info-results with the following terminal commands:

Code (Text):
    sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext
    Code (Text):
    sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat
    The cat command should reveal something like the following result:

Code (Text):

AppleIntelInfo.kext v2.5 Copyright © 2012-2017 Pike R. Alpha. All rights reserved.

Settings:
    ------------------------------------------
    logMSRs..................................: 1
    logIGPU..................................: 0
    logCStates...............................: 1
    logIPGStyle..............................: 1
    InitialTSC...............................: 0x11d3a1760ecb2 (10453 MHz)
    MWAIT C-States...........................: 8480

Processor Brandstring....................: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6950X CPU @ 3.00GHz

Processor Signature..................... : 0x406F1
     - Family............................... : 6
     - Stepping............................. : 1
     - Model................................ : 0x4F (79)

Model Specific Registers (MSRs)

MSR_CORE_THREAD_COUNT............(0x35)  : 0x0
     - Core Count........................... : 10
     - Thread Count......................... : 20

MSR_PLATFORM_INFO................(0xCE)  : 0x20080C3BF3811E00
     - Maximum Non-Turbo Ratio.............. : 0x1E (3000 MHz)
     - Ratio Limit for Turbo Mode........... : 1 (programmable)
     - TDP Limit for Turbo Mode............. : 1 (programmable)
     - Low Power Mode Support............... : 1 (LPM supported)
     - Number of ConfigTDP Levels........... : 1 (additional TDP level(s) available)
     - Maximum Efficiency Ratio............. : 12
     - Minimum Operating Ratio.............. : 8

MSR_PMG_CST_CONFIG_CONTROL.......(0xE2)  : 0x1E000005
     - I/O MWAIT Redirection Enable......... : 0 (not enabled)
     - CFG Lock............................. : 0 (MSR not locked)
     - C3 State Auto Demotion............... : 1 (enabled)
     - C1 State Auto Demotion............... : 1 (enabled)
     - C3 State Undemotion.................. : 1 (enabled)
     - C1 State Undemotion.................. : 1 (enabled)
     - Package C-State Auto Demotion........ : 0 (disabled/unsupported)
     - Package C-State Undemotion........... : 0 (disabled/unsupported)

MSR_PMG_IO_CAPTURE_BASE..........(0xE4)  : 0x10414
     - LVL_2 Base Address................... : 0x414
     - C-state Range........................ : 1 (C-States not included, I/O MWAIT redirection not enabled)

IA32_MPERF.......................(0xE7)  : 0xACF485063
    IA32_APERF.......................(0xE8)  : 0xB96AC7BB7
    MSR_0x150........................(0x150) : 0x0

MSR_FLEX_RATIO...................(0x194) : 0xE0000

MSR_IA32_PERF_STATUS.............(0x198) : 0x204900001E00
     - Current Performance State Value...... : 0x1E00 (3000 MHz)

MSR_IA32_PERF_CONTROL............(0x199) : 0x2A00
     - Target performance State Value....... : 0x2A00 (4200 MHz)
     - Intel Dynamic Acceleration........... : 0 (IDA engaged)

IA32_CLOCK_MODULATION............(0x19A) : 0x0

IA32_THERM_INTERRUPT.............(0x19B) : 0x0

IA32_THERM_STATUS................(0x19C) : 0x883D0000
     - Thermal Status....................... : 0
     - Thermal Log.......................... : 0
     - PROCHOT # or FORCEPR# event.......... : 0
     - PROCHOT # or FORCEPR# log............ : 0
     - Critical Temperature Status.......... : 0
     - Critical Temperature log............. : 0
     - Thermal Threshold #1 Status.......... : 0
     - Thermal Threshold #1 log............. : 0
     - Thermal Threshold #2 Status.......... : 0
     - Thermal Threshold #2 log............. : 0
     - Power Limitation Status.............. : 0
     - Power Limitation log................. : 0
     - Current Limit Status................. : 0
     - Current Limit log.................... : 0
     - Cross Domain Limit Status............ : 0
     - Cross Domain Limit log............... : 0
     - Digital Readout...................... : 61
     - Resolution in Degrees Celsius........ : 1
     - Reading Valid........................ : 1 (valid)

MSR_THERM2_CTL...................(0x19D) : 0x0

IA32_MISC_ENABLES................(0x1A0) : 0x850089
     - Fast-Strings......................... : 1 (enabled)
     - FOPCODE compatibility mode Enable.... : 0
     - Automatic Thermal Control Circuit.... : 1 (enabled)
     - Split-lock Disable................... : 0
     - Performance Monitoring............... : 1 (available)
     - Bus Lock On Cache Line Splits Disable : 0
     - Hardware prefetch Disable............ : 0
     - Processor Event Based Sampling....... : 0 (PEBS supported)
     - GV1/2 legacy Enable.................. : 0
     - Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology.. : 1 (enabled)
     - MONITOR FSM.......................... : 1 (MONITOR/MWAIT supported)
     - Adjacent sector prefetch Disable..... : 0
     - CFG Lock............................. : 0 (MSR not locked)
     - xTPR Message Disable................. : 1 (disabled)

MSR_TEMPERATURE_TARGET...........(0x1A2) : 0x640A00
     - Turbo Attenuation Units.............. : 0
     - Temperature Target................... : 100
     - TCC Activation Offset................ : 0

MSR_MISC_PWR_MGMT................(0x1AA) : 0x402000
     - EIST Hardware Coordination........... : 0 (hardware coordination enabled)
     - Energy/Performance Bias support...... : 1
     - Energy/Performance Bias.............. : 0 (disabled/MSR not visible to software)
     - Thermal Interrupt Coordination Enable : 1 (thermal interrupt routed to all cores)

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT............(0x1AD) : 0x2A2A2A2A2A2A2A2A
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C01.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C02.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C03.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C04.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C05.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C06.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C07.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C08.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT1...........(0x1AE) : 0x2222222222222A2A
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C09.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)
     - Maximum Ratio Limit for C10.......... : 2A (4200 MHz)

IA32_ENERGY_PERF_BIAS............(0x1B0) : 0x5
     - Power Policy Preference...............: 5 (balanced performance and energy saving)

MSR_POWER_CTL....................(0x1FC) : 0x2904005B
     - Bi-Directional Processor Hot..........: 1 (enabled)
     - C1E Enable............................: 1 (enabled)

MSR_RAPL_POWER_UNIT..............(0x606) : 0xA0E03
     - Power Units.......................... : 3 (1/8 Watt)
     - Energy Status Units.................. : 14 (61 micro-Joules)
     - Time Units .......................... : 10 (976.6 micro-Seconds)

MSR_PKG_POWER_LIMIT..............(0x610) : 0x7FFF80015FFF8
     - Package Power Limit #1............... : 4095 Watt
     - Enable Power Limit #1................ : 1 (enabled)
     - Package Clamping Limitation #1....... : 1 (allow going below OS-requested P/T state during Time Window for Power Limit #1)
     - Time Window for Power Limit #1....... : 10 (2560 milli-Seconds)
     - Package Power Limit #2............... : 4095 Watt
     - Enable Power Limit #2................ : 1 (enabled)
     - Package Clamping Limitation #2....... : 1 (allow going below OS-requested P/T state setting Time Window for Power Limit #2)
     - Time Window for Power Limit #2....... : 3 (20 milli-Seconds)
     - Lock................................. : 0 (MSR not locked)

MSR_PKG_ENERGY_STATUS............(0x611) : 0xC06AC
     - Total Energy Consumed................ : 48 Joules (Watt = Joules / seconds)

MSR_PKGC3_IRTL...................(0x60a) : 0x0
    MSR_PKGC6_IRTL...................(0x60b) : 0x0
    MSR_PKG_C2_RESIDENCY.............(0x60d) : 0x298ED1EE0
    MSR_PKG_C3_RESIDENCY.............(0x3f8) : 0xD638F0
    MSR_PKG_C2_RESIDENCY.............(0x60d) : 0x298ED1EE0
    MSR_PKG_C3_RESIDENCY.............(0x3f8) : 0xD638F0
    MSR_PKG_C6_RESIDENCY.............(0x3f9) : 0x44911A9AC

IA32_TSC_DEADLINE................(0x6E0) : 0x11D3A1BDB3826

CPU Ratio Info:
    Base Clock Frequency (BLCK)............. : 100 MHz
    Maximum Efficiency Ratio/Frequency.......: 12 (1200 MHz)
    Maximum non-Turbo Ratio/Frequency........: 30 (3000 MHz)
    Maximum Turbo Ratio/Frequency............: 42 (4200 MHz)
    P-State ratio * 100 = Frequency in MHz
    CPU P-States [ (12) 27 30 ]
    CPU C3-Cores [ 1 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 ]
    CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 17 27 (30) ]
    CPU C3-Cores [ 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 10 11 12 14 15 16 18 19 ]
    CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 6 8 9 10 12 14 16 17 18 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 17 27 30 31 ]
    CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 18 19 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 14 17 27 30 31 ]
    CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 18 19 ]
    CPU C6-Cores [ 0 2 4 6 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 17 18 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 14 17 20 27 30 31 ]
    CPU C3-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]
    CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 4 6 7 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 17 18 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 14 16 17 20 27 30 31 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 14 16 17 18 20 27 30 31 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 14 16 17 18 20 27 30 31 32 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 14 16 17 18 20 22 27 30 31 32 ]
    CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 17 18 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 16 17 18 20 22 27 30 31 32 ]
    CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 16 17 18 20 22 23 27 30 31 32 ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 (15) 16 17 18 20 22 23 27 30 31 32 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 22 23 25 27 30 31 32 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 25 27 30 31 32 ]
    CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 22 23 (24) 25 27 30 31 32 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 30 31 32 ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 29 (30) 31 32 ]
    CPU C6-Cores [ 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 (42) ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 36 (42) ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 36 (42) ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 36 (42) ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 36 41 (42) ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 36 37 41 (42) ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 36 37 38 41 (42) ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 36 37 38 39 41 (42) ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ]
    CPU P-States [ (12) 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ]
    CPU P-States [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 (42) ]

To unload the AppleIntelInfo.kext, enter the terminal command:

Code (Text):
    sudo kextunload AppleIntelInfo.kext

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) and PMdrvr.kext:

printlogo.png

As alredy mentioned above, the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory of the EFI folder attached towards the end of this post already contains Brumbaer's PMDrvr.kext for Broadwell-E architecture, which is required after enabling EIST functionality in the mobo BIOS.

BIOS settings:

Advanced\CPU Configuration\CPU Power Management Configuration\
    • Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST): Enabled

Note that users with systems based on a Haswell-E CPU architecture have to replace the Broadwell-E PMDrvr.kext with the Haswell-E PMDrvr.kext attched towards the end of this post.

For further details and information see my Sierra Desktop Guide. In any case it should be highlighted that PMDrvr.kext is fully compatible with macOS High Sierra 10.13 and results in a really fantastic CPU power managment performance reflected in the Intel Power Gadget graphs below. The left panel depicts max. CPU load-conditions during three temporally consecutive manually launched Cinebench CPU benchmarks with idle-conditions in between. The right panel reflects the dynamic CPU behavior during one Geekbench 4.1.0 CPU Benchmark run.

IntelPowerGadget-H.png

Note however, that PMDrvr.kext has also a strong drawback as it breaks sleep/wake functionality. You therefore have to check both "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off" and "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" and uncheck "Wake for network access" and "Enable Power Nap"!

Sleep-disable.png

If you want to support the petition to Brumbaer for implementing Sleep/Wake functionality to PMDrvr.kext, leave an adequate comment and request in his corresponding thread on InsanelyMac.

Overclocking:

overclock.png

As in case of macOS Sierra 10.12, a 4.2 Ghz CPU Overclocking also results under macOS 10.13 in a very sufficient and stable system configuration. For the sake fo completeness I herewith once more summarize the requried BIOS settings after enabling the XMP switch on the Asus X99-A II and connecting the over-voltage jumper to pins 2-3:

Code (Text):
    - AI overclock Tuner: XMP
    - BLCK Frequency: 100 Mhz
    - Core Ratio: Sync All Cores
    - 1-Core Ratio Limit: 42

A BLCK Frequency of 100 Mhz leads to the best NVMe performance. The core ratio of 42 corresponds to 4.2 Ghz overclocking.

Sleep/Wake Functionality:

With sleep wake functionality I refer to forced sleep/wake
    When talking about Sleep/Wake functionallity, I exclusively refer to forced sleep (clicking first on the "Apple-Symbol" in the menu bar and then on "sleep", see 4,k below) and forced wake (by pressing the power button of your rig). I did not experiment with "auto-sleep"! Thus, concerning the Energy Saver Settings under System Preferences, like in case of EIST and PMDrvr.kext before, both "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off" and "Put hard disks to sleep when possible" have to be checked and "Wake for network access" and "Enable Power Nap" have to be unchecked!

Sleep-disable.png

To reach Full Sleep/Wake functionality on your hack, perform the following steps listed below:

1.) Due to the sleep/wake incompatibility of PMdrvr.kext disable EIST in the mobo-BIOS and remove PMdrvr.kext from
    "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/". PMDrvr.kext frequently causes a black screen or reboot on wake thus it is up to the users decision to go with EIST and PMdrvr.kext or to go for sleep/wake functionality.​

2.) Open your "config.plist" in the "/EFI/Clover/"-directory of your System Disk with the Clover Configurator and check if
    "darkwake=0" is selected in the "Boot" Section.​

3.) Download VoodooTSCSync.kext (attached towards the end of this post)

Note, that the attached VoodooTSCSync.kext considers a 10-core CPU configuration. To adapt the file for a 8-core or 6-core configuration, perform the following steps listed below:​

a.) Right-click in the Finder-Window on the VoodooTSCSync.kext file. Select "Show Packet Contents".​

b.) Go to /contents/, right-click on the "Info.plist" file and select "Open with / Other". Select the TextEdit.app and edit the
    "Info.plist" file​

c.) substitute the default 10-core entry​

Code (Text):
    <key>IOCPUNumber</key>
    <integer>19</integer>

by​

Code (Text):
    <key>IOCPUNumber</key>[/INDENT]
    <integer>15</integer>

in case that you employ a 8-core CPU, or by​

Code (Text):
    <key>IOCPUNumber</key>[/INDENT]
    <integer>11</integer>

in case that you employ a 6-core CPU, etc...​

d.) save the modified "Info.plist" file​

e.) Copy the final "VoodooTSCSync.kext" file to the /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/ directory of your System Disk.​

Yet your sleep/wake attempts might result in an immediate wake on sleep.
    4.) Reboot. If your system immediately wakes on sleep, follow the subsequent steps indicated below.

a.) At the main Clover bootloader screen, press F4. Clover will now dump the native ACPI files to
    /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/. You can access these files after booting MacOS High Siera.

b.) Copy the DSDT.aml from /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/to your Desktop and rename the file to DSDT-original.aml.

c.) Download the correct version of MaciASL attached towards the end of this post for successful DSDT fixing and patching.

Run MacASL and open "Preferences":

MacASL-Preferences.png
    Select "Sources" and add the following source:

Code (Text):
    Name:                 URL:
    Laptop Patches     http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master
    MacASL-add-sources.png
    d.) Download, unzip and copy @nmano 's fix for X99 DSDT errors, X99-dsdt-errors.txt.zip attached
    towards the end of this post, to your Desktop.
    e.) Run MaciASL; open the DSDT-original.aml you previously copied to your Desktop

MacASL-open.png
    f.) open the X99-dst-errors.txt with the textedit.app or any text-editor of your choice and copy its content

g.) In the MacASL Window press the Patch Symbol (1.) and drop the content of X99-dst-errors.txt into the Patch Text
    Window (2). Wait a few seconds and click "Apply" (3.). After successfully applying the patch, close the patch window (4.).
    MacASL-X99-patch.png

h.) Now click one more on the patch icon and select under @RehabMan 's Laptop Patches the
    "[usb] USB3_PRW 0x6D (instant wake)"-patch (2.). Wait a few seconds and click "Apply" (3.). After successfully applying the patch, close the patch window (4.).
    MacASL-USB-PRW-Instant-wake-patch.png

i.) Now save the patched DSDT-original.aml on your Desktop as "DSDT.aml" in "ACPI Machine Labguage Binary format".

MacASL-DSDT-save-1.png

MaciASL-DSDT-save-2.png

j.) copy the DSDT.aml to your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ directory of your System disk and Reboot. Please find a DSDT.aml sample file for my specific system configuration attached towards the end of this post.

k.) Now send your Hack to Forced Sleep

Forced-Sleep.png

l.) Wake your System. Note, that the patched DSDT.aml disables the USB functionality during sleep! In consequence, to
    wake your system, you have to press the "power-button" of your computer. Neither your keyboard nor your mouse will be functional during sleep.​

If your system still immediately wakes on sleep repeat steps i.) -j.) but select @RehabMan 's Laptop Patch "[usb] USB3_PRW 0x0D (instant wake)" under h.) instead.​

5.) Note that I also added an additional SSDT-SLEEP.aml, attached towards the end of this post, to the
    "/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/-directory " of my System Disk. For a detailed explanation follow THIS LINK to pikeralpha.wordpress.com. Note that after one Sleep/Wake process, one finds adequate IORegistry entries for "IOPMDeepIdleSupported" and "IOPMSystemSleepType" in "IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/IOPMrootDomain/".
    In contrary, I still miss the "PMStatusCode" entry.

IOPMrootDomain.png

6.) If you want to restore the old Energy Saver Settings in System Preferences including the missing computer sleep slider bar,
    follow the instructions of @ghorwith provided by this link.​

You now have forced sleep/wake functionality.

Hardware Monitoring:

HWMonitor.png

The HWMonitor.app allows to access information from hardware sensors of your hackintosh. It works along with the FakeSMC.kext and some additional Sensor kext-plugins, being already part of the EFI folder attached towards the end of the actual post. To achieve Hardware Monitoring functionality, just download and run the HWMonitor.app (attached towards the end of the actual post) from your Application Folder.

HWMonitoring.png

Control System Integrity Protection (SIP):

Edit the config.plist in the EFI-folder of your System Disk with the Clover Configurator and change in the "RT Variables" Section the Controls System Integrity Protection (SIP) value "CSRActiveConfig" from "0x67" (disabled completely) to "0x3" (partially disabled) to allow the load of unsigned kexts and software from the AppStore and third party providers.

Benchmarking:

BenchmarkingTeaser.png

An in-depth graphics benchmarking will be performed and published here, once a 10.13 Nvidia WebDriver has been released.

CPU benchmarks reveal a nearly identical CPU performance under 10.12 and 10.13. Compare the figures below with those published in my 10.12 macOS Sierra Desktop Guide.

Geekbench 4.1.0 CPU-Benchmark:

Geeckbench-4.1.0.png

Cinebench R15 CPU-Benchmark:

Cinebench-R15-CPU-benchmark.png

Disk Speed Benchmarks also reveal nearly identical Disk Speed performance under 10.12 and 10.13. Compare the figure below with the one published in my 10.12 macOS Sierra Desktop Guide.

Blackmagic Disk Speed Benchmarks v3.1:

Disk-Speed-Test.png

Famous last words:

Famous-Last-Words-Featured.jpg

Already with macOS High Sierra 10.13 PB2 (PB2/DP3), X99 systems reached full functionality together with flawless stability. Just take a test drive, follow my desktop guide and unfold the unbelievable X99 potential together with macOS High Sierra 10.13 PB4/DP5! It will neither affect nor harm your current macOS Sierra 10.12 Installation. In contrary, it will provide you already now with the unique knowledge of being prepared for MacOS High Sierra 10.13.1! And it will provide me with the necessary feedback, collaboration and support to successfully continue my work now and in the near future.

As already mentioned towards the end of my macOS Sierra Desktop Guide, I am convinced that high-end X99 builds can find manifold application, not only in science and research at universities or research institutions, engineering facilities, or medical labs, etc... Latest successful user feedback with respect to Broadwell-EP/Haswell-EP processers with up to 22 cores (44 threads) at clock speeds around 2.8 Ghz each thread make X99 to a "realtively cheap" but extremely serious alternative to the yet to be released iMac Pro. The principal intention of this Guide was to demonstrate, that we are able to build and configure stable and relatively "low-cost" high-end systems nowadays, that goe far beyond of what Apple is able to offer at present or will be ever able to offer for some reasonable pricing. A system based on X99, that allows the use of all software-packages developed for MacOS, Unix, Linux or even Windows at the same time (e.g. think on Vine, Parallels, or a dual boot system configurations). The flexibility between different boards (Asus, Gigabyte, ASRock, MSI, etc.), different processor models (Broadwell-E/EP, Haswell-E/EP) and different Ram memory configurations (16-128GB) makes it affordable for anybody (also home office, audio and video editing/production, etc.) and allows its perfect adaptation for the specific purpose, requirements and available budgets.

Finally, it might not be necessary to mentioned in addition that X99 system reached such high level of sophistication and stability to reliably and perfectly run on a 24/7/365 basis. :thumbup:

I am a scientist, expert in solar physics, space weather forecast and related telescope/instrument/space-mission development. In the frame of my scientific research, I developed parallelized image reconstruction, spectral line inversion and numerical modeling algorithms/applications, which require tremendous parallelized calculation power, ram memory and storage capacities to reduce, analyze and interpret extensive and pioneering scientific ground-based or space-born observational data sets. This basically was also the professional motivation for my innovative Customac-Pro build iSPOR-S, the imaging Spectropolarimetric Parallel Organized Reconstruction Server running iSPOR-DP, the Imaging Spectropolarimetric Parallel Organized Reconstruction Data Pipeline software package for the GREGOR Fabry-Pérot Interferometer, located at the 1.5m GREGOR Solar Telescope (Europe's largest solar telescope) on Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain. Anybody interested can find more details on my personal webpage.

Good luck and enjoy!

KGP

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. tneely

tneely

Mobo:
    MSI x99A Gaming 7
    CPU:
    i7 5820k - OC 4.4
    Graphics:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X
    Mac:
    Mac Pro
    Jul 12, 2017 at 5:36 PM #2
    tneely

tneely

Mobo:
    MSI x99A Gaming 7
    CPU:
    i7 5820k - OC 4.4
    Graphics:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X
    Mac:
    Mac Pro
    Great to hear that! Don't forget us "Haswell-E" fans of your guide.
    Cheers!

kgp likes this.
  3. kgp

kgp

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    Intel I7-6950X
    Graphics:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI-X
    Mac:
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Jul 13, 2017 at 1:28 PM #3
    kgp

kgp

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    Intel I7-6950X
    Graphics:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI-X
    Mac:
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Guide completed and ready for use! Enjoy! :thumbup:

pete1959 likes this.
  4. DSM2

DSM2

Mobo:
    ASUS X99-A II
    CPU:
    6950X
    Graphics:
    1080 TI FE
    Jul 13, 2017 at 4:07 PM #4
    DSM2

DSM2

Mobo:
    ASUS X99-A II
    CPU:
    6950X
    Graphics:
    1080 TI FE
    Thanks for the flowers buddy :thumbup:

kgp likes this.
  5. dragoonchang

dragoonchang

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    E5-2696v3
    Graphics:
    GTX 970
    Mac:
    MacBook Pro
    Jul 13, 2017 at 4:35 PM #5
    dragoonchang

dragoonchang

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    E5-2696v3
    Graphics:
    GTX 970
    Mac:
    MacBook Pro
    Great! Nvidia video driver part will help me a lot! I still stuck in it.

6. wayne2401

wayne2401

Mobo:
    Asus X99 Deluxe ii
    CPU:
    i7 4790, i7 6900k
    Graphics:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390X x2
    Mac:
    Mac Pro
    Mobile Phone:
    Android, iOS
    Jul 15, 2017 at 4:40 PM #6
    wayne2401

wayne2401

Mobo:
    Asus X99 Deluxe ii
    CPU:
    i7 4790, i7 6900k
    Graphics:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 390X x2
    Mac:
    Mac Pro
    Mobile Phone:
    Android, iOS
    Thank you for this awesome guide, I have a few questions in your kext folder theres a SkylakeGPolicy kext what us the kext for? Also in your clover config your not using -xcpm but you do have custom flags can you explain your custom flags and why youre no longer -xcpm

MY System
    X99 Deluxe II
    i6900K
    High Sierra Beta 3

7. kgp

kgp

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    Intel I7-6950X
    Graphics:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI-X
    Mac:
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Jul 15, 2017 at 5:48 PM #7
    kgp

kgp

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    Intel I7-6950X
    Graphics:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI-X
    Mac:
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    1.) I guess the SkylakeGPolicy.kext is an intent to reduce graphics glitches caused by the lack of adequate Nvidia 10.13
    Webdrivers. @DSM2, can you confirm this guess?​

2.) a.) The -xcpm bootflag was already obsolete under 10.12 and latest Clover distributions, as it is also obsolete now under
    10.13...​

b.) -alcbeta and -lilubeta bootflags are required for AppleALC to work ​

c.) the -igfxbeta bootflag is required for the 10.12 Nvidia webdriver workaround..​

Question, what do you mean by High Sierra Beta 3? DP3?

Cheers,

KGP

wayne2401 likes this.
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  8. DSM2

DSM2

Mobo:
    ASUS X99-A II
    CPU:
    6950X
    Graphics:
    1080 TI FE
    Jul 15, 2017 at 6:37 PM #8
    DSM2

DSM2

Mobo:
    ASUS X99-A II
    CPU:
    6950X
    Graphics:
    1080 TI FE
    SkylakeGPolicy.kext is more or less used to prevent the black Screen if you use SMBIOS MacPro 6,1 or iMac 17,1 etc,
    for example If you would upgrade your MacOS to a newer build.

wayne2401 likes this.
  9. kgp

kgp

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    Intel I7-6950X
    Graphics:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI-X
    Mac:
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    Jul 15, 2017 at 6:44 PM #9
    kgp

kgp

Mobo:
    Asus X99-A II
    CPU:
    Intel I7-6950X
    Graphics:
    AORUS GTX 1080 TI-X
    Mac:
    Mobile Phone:
    iOS
    So it makes the AGDPfix obsolete?

10. DSM2

DSM2

Mobo:
    ASUS X99-A II
    CPU:
    6950X
    Graphics:
    1080 TI FE
    Jul 15, 2017 at 7:03 PM #10
    DSM2

DSM2

Mobo:
    ASUS X99-A II
    CPU:
    6950X
    Graphics:
    1080 TI FE
    It acts a little bit different then the AGDPFix (patches files) SkylakeGPolicy.kext (prevents from loading the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext). Yes it’s normaly absolete AGDPFix but if you wanna use the 10xx Series you can’t get it to work without AGDPFix if you work with our workaround.