Contribute
Register

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Ah, OK, that I can do. BTW does it matter which "Type" I have highlighted in the upper pane of the Hackintool USB window: one says "PXSX" controller for USB 3.1 and the other says "XHC" for USB 3.0. Highlighting either produces same display below.
doesn't matter, no need to click on any of the types at the top

That made a little difference, but all still say "Internal." See screenshot attached.

1) This is caused by the motherboard DSDT defaults. We change them to what we need as @Feartech said.

2) No.

3) You choose. I used a header adapter.

4) PXSX is an external 3rd party USB chipset. Not part of the configuration process. Treated as external cards would be in a Mac Pro.

OK thanks, I'll start doing the thumbdrive routine later today. My main worry is that I'll accidentally delete some of the (genuinely Internal) USB ports I may need to boot-up or something.

OK thanks, I'll start doing the thumbdrive routine later today. My main worry is that I'll accidentally delete some of the (genuinely Internal) USB ports I may need to boot-up or something.

Shouldn't affect booting even if you do. The header ports tend to be extras. And necessary devices that use USB - such as built-in bluetooth, or RGB - aren't accessible to test and you would spot them in the Hackintool USB panel. :thumbup:

Thanks for your help! All is good after mapping. I probably could've removed a few more ports but I was able to get the number down to 15 and all devices now work fine :thumbup:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.42.28 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 9.42.28 AM.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 39
Hi,

I will build a new Hack which will have an iMac 20,2 SMBios but I had a quick look at usbinjectall kext's plist and iMac 20,2 doesn't seem to be there. Which version of USBInjectall should I use? 0.7.6 which is the latest one or wait for a future release? Thanks!

Thanks for your help! All is good after mapping. I probably could've removed a few more ports but I was able to get the number down to 15 and all devices now work fine :thumbup:
HS10 and HS12 is set to internal ?

Hi,

I will build a new Hack which will have an iMac 20,2 SMBios but I had a quick look at usbinjectall kext's plist and iMac 20,2 doesn't seem to be there. Which version of USBInjectall should I use? 0.7.6 which is the latest one or wait for a future release? Thanks!

There is a version 0.7.7 which has support for 500-series USB. I'm not at my desk right now but I'll check later if it has iMac20,2 SD.

There is a version 0.7.7 which has support for 500-series USB. I'm not at my desk right now but I'll check later if it has iMac20,2 SD.
wait... you moved from your desk.....?

Back