Contribute
Register

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

So to my understanding i don`t have any usb-mapping to do. I hope this is correct.

Remember, nothing is compulsory. You can do as you wish :thumbup:.

However, you do have USB ports which need configuring because the specifications for your motherboard show 20x ports in total - 6x USB2, 6x USB3 (includes 6x USB2) and 1x USB-C (2x ports). Some may not work because of those broken pins but they still register even if you can't use them. I would use the mapping process to disable those and reduce the number of ports.

But that's your choice.

:)

of course you`re wright, but need to organize the correct cables for the onboard connectors.

What kexts did you have to "re install" and why?

If you created a USBPorts.kext, why not upload it so we can check it for you?

Are those "write" speeds or "read"? There can be a lot of variations in speed between brands of USB sticks. Some are good, some are bad. I even have write problems with genuine Sony flash-drives. They seem fine for read though.

sorry for taking some time to reply but very busy working late shifts,anyway i did some mistakes doing the USB Port Configuration but im going to try it again,one question why "see picture attched" in type i have APPLE usbxc ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 5.45.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 5.45.27 PM.png
    333.6 KB · Views: 57
sorry for taking some time to reply but very busy working late shifts,anyway i did some mistakes doing the USB Port Configuration but im going to try it again,one question why "see picture attched" in type i have APPLE usbxc ?

No problem..

If you mean to top line - "AppleUSBXH..." - then that is a Thunderbolt add-on controller. Normally with an H170N I would not expect anything like that. Perhaps you are using a different motherboard to your Profile now?

The rest of the ports seems to indicate you have USBInjectAll.kext installed along with a port-limit removal patch. Apart from that I have no other information to go on.

Let us know more about the hardware and perhaps upload your EFI folder.

Hi,
I have a problem with my USB 3 ports. I tried just about everything I found, but nothing appears in IORegistryExplorer when I insert a USB flash drive.
I'm in High Sierra, I applied the limit patch, and put USBInjectAll.kext. Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.3 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 10.48.14.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 10.48.14.png
    153.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 10.47.33.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 10.47.33.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 46
Hi,
I have a problem with my USB 3 ports. I tried just about everything I found, but nothing appears in IORegistryExplorer when I insert a USB flash drive.
I'm in High Sierra, I applied the limit patch, and put USBInjectAll.kext. Thanks

Hi there.

Your EFI install log shows you are using a Catalina USB 16GB installer, so I guess you are trying to upgrade from High Sierra to Catalina?

Okay, if so, then we can see that you have made a mistake in the port-limit removal patch:

Patch.jpg

Take a look at the correct values here:

If you make those corrections you will find you are then able to see all 24/26 ports on the XHCI controller.

Next:

The EHCI ports are USB2 only, however there are 8x USB3.0 ports (6x on the back panel) that have been added using a Renesas third-party controller. This does not show in the Hackintool window and the ports will not be configurable, though they should work even if without proper power-management.

So correct the port-limit removal patch and check again.

No problem..

If you mean to top line - "AppleUSBXH..." - then that is a Thunderbolt add-on controller. Normally with an H170N I would not expect anything like that. Perhaps you are using a different motherboard to your Profile now?

The rest of the ports seems to indicate you have USBInjectAll.kext installed along with a port-limit removal patch. Apart from that I have no other information to go on.

Let us know more about the hardware and perhaps upload your EFI folder.
the HI70N is my other Hackintosh,i just updated my perfil with my other Hackintosh that is the GA-Z170Z-UD3,ok i just uploaded my EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 47
  • GA-Z170X-UD3.png
    GA-Z170X-UD3.png
    286.5 KB · Views: 47
the HI70N is my other Hackintosh,i just updated my perfil with my other Hackintosh that is the GA-Z170Z-UD3,ok i just uploaded my EFI folder

Okay.

It looks as though you are now trying to install Mojave instead of Catalina.

There are no kexts in your kext folder so I do not know if you have created an configuration or installed USBInjectAll. Obviously your machine cannot run like this.

You have two patches in the ACPI/patched folder - a DSDT and a USB configuration. Unfortunately the SSDT-5.aml patch looks as though it is corrupt and the USB-SSDT.aml does nothing. I wonder how you created those?

You have entered only part of the 4x Mojave port-limit removal patches, not the complete ones. If you are having trouble with these check out the "List of Patches" option in Clover Configurator Kernel and Kext Patches section, as a starting point. Or you can check the code manually itself in two places, here:

And here:

For the version of Clover you are running you have 2x Aptio Memory Fix drivers in your driver64UEFI folder - AptioMemoryFix-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. You only need one.

I would recommend using Clover version 5102 or another of the 5*** series, cleaning out this confusion and rebuilding.

Hi there.

Your EFI install log shows you are using a Catalina USB 16GB installer, so I guess you are trying to upgrade from High Sierra to Catalina?

Okay, if so, then we can see that you have made a mistake in the port-limit removal patch:

View attachment 503723

Take a look at the correct values here:

If you make those corrections you will find you are then able to see all 24/26 ports on the XHCI controller.

Next:

The EHCI ports are USB2 only, however there are 8x USB3.0 ports (6x on the back panel) that have been added using a Renesas third-party controller. This does not show in the Hackintool window and the ports will not be configurable, though they should work even if without proper power-management.

So correct the port-limit removal patch and check again.

Thank you for your interest.
No, I'm trying to make my USB3 working in High Sierra. I have some new things, now I have only an XHC controller with a patched DSDT.aml in Clover but the problem is still the same. Tried mapping with Hackintool and Usb.map but no, USB 3 not working
"Disk not ejected properly" for a usb flash after some seconds

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.4 MB · Views: 52
Thank you for your interest.
No, I'm trying to make my USB3 working in High Sierra. I have some new things, now I have only an XHC controller with a patched DSDT.aml in Clover but the problem is still the same. Tried mapping with Hackintool and Usb.map but no, USB 3 not working
"Disk not ejected properly" for a usb flash after some seconds

Okay, previously because we could see the Catalina installation USB stick, but let's go with High Sierra ...

The Clover install log shows 4x Internal drives with EFI partitions. This may be confusing matters so check there are no other EFI folder in any of them.

I can't see and USBMap.kext or USBPorts.kext or SSDT-UIAC.aml patch that might be configuring your USB ports. Just USBInjectAll.kext which activates all of the ones you have and the port-limit removal patch. So ...

As you have directly edited the DSDT.aml I think you are advanced enough to figure out the XHCI problem. Normally I wouldn't go that far and only create a simple patch. For example, when you dump the DSDT components using Clover you can edit the USB-only section and then merge it back into the DSDT at boot. (OpenCore does not support this method yet, only SSDT patching).

As to what to do to get the USB3 ports working? USBInjectAll.kext and a port-limit removal patch will activate them all. If that is not working then check IORegistryExplorer output to see what is confusing the system.

Back