Contribute
Register

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Splendid. I found one indicated as "internal" and counted that as an active port even though the BT module on the WiFi card wasn't recognized yet. Is there, to your knowledge, a way to get Catalina 10.5.6 to recognize the module? I've been experimenting with the BCRMPatchRAM3.kext and related kexts found here. But the card I have, although not tested in the list, appears to be one of those that should work (given the Vendor and ID nos.).

For that .kext to work, you need the revived/revised BRCMBluetoothInjector.kext and, in theory, it is covered by the code:

<key>0b05_180a</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBHostDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>6154</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2821</integer>
</dict>

Anyway, the price for this card is pretty fair and so, it might be worth a little more effort. But I think the development of the BRCMPatchRAM3 kext is not being pursued at this writing. Tweaking these kexts could open up a nice array of inexpensive Dell Optiplex USFF with the PCE slot inside for a nearly OOB experience.

How is the Broadcom wireless card mounted? Is it in a PCI-e adapter? If so it should have a USB cable included - which I guess you would have plugged into the Internal port you found.

Check the system-report to discover the Bluetooth Device ID. If it doesn't show there, scroll down. The hardware may be registering but not loading a driver. If not, it is getting no power.

As you have discovered, your particular wireless card is one that needs firmware patching on-the-fly during boot to enable it. Yes, of course, if someone could write the kexts needed to make everything work, that would be great. Sadly these projects get off to a great start and then the developer moves on to other things. It then seems easier just to purchase a more compatible wireless card so that no firmware flashing needs to take place.

:)

Hi

Yes the blue tooth shows up when i use usbinjectall.kext as :

EH02 HP25 Ox1A150000 0x05 USB2 12mps BCM2046B1

So im assuming it is broken and maybe just order a new one, one quick question i could not find can i use clover configurator to temprarily disable any text in the plist?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 18.15.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 18.15.48.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 46
I followed this guide and it worked great.
This is my mapping:
Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 19.11.16.jpg

I have 15 ports total, whereas I don't know what the two black lines ones are.
The only problem is, that I could not integrate the internal usb ports.
When I plugged a device into those, it would not show up in the Hackingtool.
Only the internal USB3 Ports showed. (and I named them)
Since my BT dongle seemd to work better on an internal 2.0 port (sometimes the mouse lags, very annoying)
I would like to activate at least one of these ports.
I could go with trial and error and just change the ports.
When I change the mapping, do I have to install the usbinject patch again, and do all the mappping over?
Thanks for any advice!

oger

Build:
Asus Z390-A 9700K
Using internal graphics
64gb Ram

How is the Broadcom wireless card mounted? Is it in a PCI-e adapter? If so it should have a USB cable included - which I guess you would have plugged into the Internal port you found.

Check the system-report to discover the Bluetooth Device ID. If it doesn't show there, scroll down. The hardware may be registering but not loading a driver. If not, it is getting no power.

As you have discovered, your particular wireless card is one that needs firmware patching on-the-fly during boot to enable it. Yes, of course, if someone could write the kexts needed to make everything work, that would be great. Sadly these projects get off to a great start and then the developer moves on to other things. It then seems easier just to purchase a more compatible wireless card so that no firmware flashing needs to take place.

Thanks for the pep talk. The BT works in Mint Linux and Windows 10. That would mean something, right? I was actually able to get the product and vendor IDs via Mint Linux. So the PCI-e slot does work with this card. (I have an older Optiplex 780 and its slot will only work for WiFi. Waybackwhen Wifi+BT was still rare and not essential.) I just wish I knew which patch .kext actually activates the BT on the WiFi chip.

Very strange my bluetooth dongle just started working, i plugged it into my macbookpro and checked to see if it was connecting , it connected with my mouse and didnt work same as in my hackintosh. I then removed it plugged it back into my hackintosh and strated wokring hmmmmmm

Thanks for the pep talk. The BT works in Mint Linux and Windows 10. That would mean something, right? I was actually able to get the product and vendor IDs via Mint Linux. So the PCI-e slot does work with this card. (I have an older Optiplex 780 and its slot will only work for WiFi. Waybackwhen Wifi+BT was still rare and not essential.) I just wish I knew which patch .kext actually activates the BT on the WiFi chip.

Not a "pep talk" at all. Just trying to work around your problem. Sorry it was not relevant. This is a "Beginner's Guide" so the basics are what is covered. When asked though, we do try to help with more difficult problems.

Not a "pep talk" at all. Just trying to work around your problem. Sorry it was not relevant. This is a "Beginner's Guide" so the basics are what is covered. When asked though, we do try to help with more difficult problems.
Pep talk is not considered derogatory at my end. It still means the same thing it always did: keep at it, give it your best shot, whatever M&M means by that. :)
I just think this issue is, well, interdisciplinary and I can't find a good place to post this issue. Maybe I just picked the wrong card after all and need to find one that is more OOB for the Optiplex hack. I just can't find anyone who has hit the same dead end yet. No worries. I just thought this card had potential and more might benefit from it since the 9020s make very nice Catalina hacks.

Pep talk is not considered derogatory at my end. It still means the same thing it always did: keep at it, give it your best shot, whatever M&M means by that. :)
I just think this issue is, well, interdisciplinary and I can't find a good place to post this issue. Maybe I just picked the wrong card after all and need to find one that is more OOB for the Optiplex hack. I just can't find anyone who has hit the same dead end yet. No worries. I just thought this card had potential and more might benefit from it since the 9020s make very nice Catalina hacks.

Hi there.

Well the BT adapter on the Broadcom card you have is, I believe 20702A0 so should be compatible OOB, even if the wi-fi section needs patching at boot with kexts.

In Windows the Bluetooth driver uploads firmware to the adapter every time the system boots. I find this a horrible state of affairs, but it's true. Why design the system this way? Who knows? Someone with more insight than me.

There was a similar problem reported here. The OP was lucky to get @RehabMan on board with this one.

My previous questions about the way you have mounted the broadcom card in your Dell, was to try and discover how it was getting the necessary USB connection. I had to assume a PCI-e adapter card which comes with a USB fly-lead. Hence my mention of the Internal header being used.

Hi there.

Well the BT adapter on the Broadcom card you have is, I believe 20702A0 so should be compatible OOB, even if the wi-fi section needs patching at boot with kexts.

In Windows the Bluetooth driver uploads firmware to the adapter every time the system boots. I find this a horrible state of affairs, but it's true. Why design the system this way? Who knows? Someone with more insight than me.

There was a similar problem reported here. The OP was lucky to get @RehabMan on board with this one.

My previous questions about the way you have mounted the broadcom card in your Dell, was to try and discover how it was getting the necessary USB connection. I had to assume a PCI-e adapter card which comes with a USB fly-lead. Hence my mention of the Internal header being used.

Well, it's the mini mpcie wifi slot, like the one illustrated below (from here). The USFF desktops are really just laptops in a small metal box. I will look at that solution and see if I can solve it myself. I think I'm getting closer.

20191128_213707.jpg

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could guide me. my USB 3.0 does not work in the USB 3.0 Ports but USB2.0 works in the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Ports. the USB 3.0 is recognised in the USB 2.0 port. and my USB3.1 port is functioning properly. I've added the appropriate 2 patches for 10.15.5 and also got my XHCI-> XHC and XHC1-> DDST.

But for some reason when I plug in the USB the Hackintool doesn't show the appropriate port light up in green. I've changed my bios settings too.

I've attached the appropriate Hackintool screenshot and IOreg file.

Hope someone could guide me appropriately.

Attachments

• azrim's iMac.ioreg
    11 MB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2020-06-11 at 11.06.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-11 at 11.06.12.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 57
Back