Contribute
Register

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

OK then. Totally misunderstood that about the Renesas chipset. Not sure when to do about the internal headers at the moment. I don't own anything I could plug into them to test. I'll see if I can get all of the external ports mapped using IORegEx and report back.

P.S. - where do I find the Vendor IDs to distinguish between Renesas and Intel?

OK then. Totally misunderstood that about the Renesas chipset. Not sure when to do about the internal headers at the moment. I don't own anything I could plug into them to test. I'll see if I can get all of the external ports mapped using IORegEx and report back.

P.S. - where do I find the Vendor IDs to distinguish between Renesas and Intel?

Renesas Vendor ID = 0x045b , you will then see 2x Device IDs .

Intel is always 0x8086.

I carry this burden in my head, but the Renesas website support docs list them.

For the internal headers, be logical. A 9-pin socket is 2x USB2.0 ports, so Intel. Without a cue it is difficult to guess HS port numbers. However there are no Renesas internal ports. You know the front panel ports ... Sherlock as I said...

:)

Usb c port and red one are controlled by ASMEDIA controller, so they will not show up to hackintool either ioreg. It supposed to run native by Mac OS.

7 and 8 are the internal usb 3, the cable next from your RAM. So you can call them as USB 3 to hackintool.

My opinion is to make a file for your motherboard and disable the generic usb port patch.

Thank you for the quick and detailed response. What would be the purpose of going through and making an SSDT if everything is currently working flawlessly at USB3 speeds with the generic port patch. Is there anything wrong with the generic port patch?

Thank you for the quick and detailed response. What would be the purpose of going through and making an SSDT if everything is currently working flawlessly at USB3 speeds with the generic port patch. Is there anything wrong with the generic port patch?

Sometimes with generic patch cause problems to sleep and if you connect multiple devices can conflict each other and loose connection or speed.

Hey, Hackintool do not show any USB-Ports of my Z370. USBInjectAll is installed. Also, IOexplorer doesn't show ports. I have one USB-Hub on one working port. All other ones not working. Can somebody help please? Thx!

Hey, Hackintool do not show any USB-Ports of my Z370. USBInjectAll is installed. Also, IOexplorer doesn't show ports. I have one USB-Hub on one working port. All other ones not working. Can somebody help please? Thx!

Hi there.

Check your BIOS.

Certainly no problem with a Gigabyte Z370 motherboard.

Which version of macOS?

Where is USBInjectAll.kext installed?

:)

Hi there,
meanwhile I found out, that the latest USBInjectAll.kext contains a bug, which leads to the failure. I now downgradet again to an older version, so the USB-ports show up again.
Thank you anyway!
Cheers :)

Hi all.....
I'm currently running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

I've followed all the steps given by @UtterDisbelief to configure USB ports in MacOS
I've installed USBInjectAll.Kext and also Port_limit Removal Patch, however when I reboot, my system seems still not detecting one of my USB 2.0 Port...

P.S. I also Upgraded my USBInjectAll.Kext from V 0.7.1 to V 0.7.5, But it even makes worse because after that my Bluetooth and WebCam is not recognised at all

This is my USB Configuration based on System Report (before upgraded to USBInjectAll.Kext V 0.7.5) :

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 23.19.41.png

And after Upgraded to V 0.7.5 :

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 23.04.52.png

And Screenshot from Hackintool when all 1 USB 3.0 & 2 USB 2.0 is connected :

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 22.51.07.png

As we can see, it's not detected..., I also added Rehabman's 7 Series USB DSDT, but still...nothing happens

Anyone..Pls help, my Thx in advance:)

EFI is below

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 76
Hi all.....
I'm currently running MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

I've followed all the steps given by @UtterDisbelief to configure USB ports in MacOS
I've installed USBInjectAll.Kext and also Port_limit Removal Patch, however when I reboot, my system seems still not detecting one of my USB 2.0 Port...

P.S. I also Upgraded my USBInjectAll.Kext from V 0.7.1 to V 0.7.5, But it even makes worse because after that my Bluetooth and WebCam is not recognised at all

This is my USB Configuration based on System Report (before upgraded to USBInjectAll.Kext V 0.7.5) :

View attachment 470856

And after Upgraded to V 0.7.5 :

View attachment 470857

And Screenshot from Hackintool when all 1 USB 3.0 & 2 USB 2.0 is connected :

View attachment 470859

As we can see, it's not detected..., I also added Rehabman's 7 Series USB DSDT, but still...nothing happens

Anyone..Pls help, my Thx in advance:)

EFI is below
delete the ports there and refresh the circle arrows icon

would someone be able to help me? I bought a Fenvi t919 and the wifi is working fine but I can't get bluetooth to work. I've used multicast post installation and Unibeast about a week ago. So it's the latest updated versions. all the USBinject kext is installed and the appleIOUSBHost and other XHC patches are also installed. I apologise but I am a complete noob in this. I've gone into Hackintool and the bluetooth is not coming under any USB Device. I've even tried connecting a USB port onto the internal USB connection and it doesn't work. It looks like macOS doesn't detect the internal USB 2.0 connections - all the other back ports and front ports are working fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 17.53.27.png
    Screenshot 2020-05-21 at 17.53.27.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 56
Back