Register

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Motherboard
Z390M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
This probably doesn't matter, but my USB-C port is HS02 and SS03.

I have set both to Type 0x09.

Is this correct?

Similarly, where I have a 3.1 type-A port, I mark HS07 and SS07 at Type 0x03

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This probably doesn't matter, but my USB-C port is HS02 and SS03.

I have set both to Type 0x09.

Is this correct?

Similarly, where I have a 3.1 type-A port, I mark HS07 and SS07 at Type 0x03

Hi there.

Yes, that's fine as long as you have tested and everything is working as it should :thumbup:

And yes, your USB Connector values are fine - if you tested the reversability of the USB-C port.

:)

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed the guide to fix the USB ports for a Dell 9020 USFF that has two USB 2s and 3s on the rear and one USB 2 and 3 on the front. There is an internal USB unknown that I kept. It has a WiFi/BT half-mini PCE card (this one, click here). The WiFi works OOB just fine. The BT works in Mint Linux and Windows 10. So, I am pretty sure this internal USB is talking the BT in those operating systems. This is what I now have with the USBPorts.kext E/K/O. Before creating that kext, Hackintool revealed exactly 15 ports. So, I'm not sure if this further refinement will help. (The BT you do see is a dongle that I am using in place of the WiFi card's BT. Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 8.21.23 AM.png

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I followed the guide to fix the USB ports for a Dell 9020 USFF that has two USB 2s and 3s on the rear and one USB 2 and 3 on the front. There is an internal USB unknown that I kept. It has a WiFi/BT half-mini PCE card (this one, click here). The WiFi works OOB just fine. The BT works in Mint Linux and Windows 10. So, I am pretty sure this internal USB is talking the BT in those operating systems. This is what I now have with the USBPorts.kext E/K/O. Before creating that kext, Hackintool revealed exactly 15 ports. So, I'm not sure if this further refinement will help. (The BT you do see is a dongle that I am using in place of the WiFi card's BT. Any suggestions?

View attachment 473726

Hi there.

Yes, you need to use USBInjectAll.kext and the port-limit removal patches so that you can identify that internal USB header your wifi/bt card is attached to.

Last edited:

dsk

Motherboard
GA-H97-D3H
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
MSI Armor Raedon RX580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Everyone

After getting usbinjectall.kext working on ym daughters computer , i re read the installation thread and it said not to use it:

Since the 6300 Pro has an older 7 series chipset (Q75) and is an Ivy Bridge based system, the changes in El Capitan/Sierra do not affect the USB ports of the 6300. Raising the max port limit or installing USBinjectall kext and a custom ssdt are not part of this guide for that reason. If you have tried installing either of those you should remove them. The USB issues are being caused by something else.

SO i deleted the usbport.kext i made and just did it straight according to the tutorial:

Now my bluetooth has stopped working on both computers and i am wondering if it is a bad usb adapter, i will see if anyone has any ideas or just buy this one as its recommended:

GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Broadcom Chip Dongle

Before i buy it does anyone know what would be causing my current Belkin USB bluetooth to play up it is:
BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER v2.1 UHE
BCM2046B1

Thanks for everyones tips!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 20.28.51.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 20.28.51.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 23

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Everyone

After getting usbinjectall.kext working on ym daughters computer , i re read the installation thread and it said not to use it:

Since the 6300 Pro has an older 7 series chipset (Q75) and is an Ivy Bridge based system, the changes in El Capitan/Sierra do not affect the USB ports of the 6300. Raising the max port limit or installing USBinjectall kext and a custom ssdt are not part of this guide for that reason. If you have tried installing either of those you should remove them. The USB issues are being caused by something else.

SO i deleted the usbport.kext i made and just did it straight according to the tutorial:

Now my bluetooth has stopped working on both computers and i am wondering if it is a bad usb adapter, i will see if anyone has any ideas or just buy this one as its recommended:

GMYLE Bluetooth 4.0 Broadcom Chip Dongle

Before i buy it does anyone know what would be causing my current Belkin USB bluetooth to play up it is:
BLUETOOTH USB +EDR ADAPTER v2.1 UHE
BCM2046B1

Thanks for everyones tips!

While it is possible your Belkin BT is faulty, it's maybe okay.

Just put USBInjectAll.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and check again.
If it still doesn't show try the port-limit removal patches, with the kext, and test again.

Don't worry about other stuff right now, we just want to see if the adapter works.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there.

Yes, you need to use USBInjectAll.kext and the port-limit removal patches so that you can identify that internal USB header your wifi/bt card is attached to.

Splendid. I found one indicated as "internal" and counted that as an active port even though the BT module on the WiFi card wasn't recognized yet. Is there, to your knowledge, a way to get Catalina 10.5.6 to recognize the module? I've been experimenting with the BCRMPatchRAM3.kext and related kexts found here. But the card I have, although not tested in the list, appears to be one of those that should work (given the Vendor and ID nos.).

For that .kext to work, you need the revived/revised BRCMBluetoothInjector.kext and, in theory, it is covered by the code:

<key>0b05_180a</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBHostDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>6154</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2821</integer>
</dict>

Anyway, the price for this card is pretty fair and so, it might be worth a little more effort. But I think the development of the BRCMPatchRAM3 kext is not being pursued at this writing. Tweaking these kexts could open up a nice array of inexpensive Dell Optiplex USFF with the PCE slot inside for a nearly OOB experience.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Splendid. I found one indicated as "internal" and counted that as an active port even though the BT module on the WiFi card wasn't recognized yet. Is there, to your knowledge, a way to get Catalina 10.5.6 to recognize the module? I've been experimenting with the BCRMPatchRAM3.kext and related kexts found here. But the card I have, although not tested in the list, appears to be one of those that should work (given the Vendor and ID nos.).

For that .kext to work, you need the revived/revised BRCMBluetoothInjector.kext and, in theory, it is covered by the code:

<key>0b05_180a</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport</string>
<key>IOProbeScore</key>
<integer>3000</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBHostDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>6154</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>2821</integer>
</dict>

Anyway, the price for this card is pretty fair and so, it might be worth a little more effort. But I think the development of the BRCMPatchRAM3 kext is not being pursued at this writing. Tweaking these kexts could open up a nice array of inexpensive Dell Optiplex USFF with the PCE slot inside for a nearly OOB experience.

How is the Broadcom wireless card mounted? Is it in a PCI-e adapter? If so it should have a USB cable included - which I guess you would have plugged into the Internal port you found.

Check the system-report to discover the Bluetooth Device ID. If it doesn't show there, scroll down. The hardware may be registering but not loading a driver. If not, it is getting no power.

As you have discovered, your particular wireless card is one that needs firmware patching on-the-fly during boot to enable it. Yes, of course, if someone could write the kexts needed to make everything work, that would be great. Sadly these projects get off to a great start and then the developer moves on to other things. It then seems easier just to purchase a more compatible wireless card so that no firmware flashing needs to take place.

dsk

Motherboard
GA-H97-D3H
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
MSI Armor Raedon RX580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

Yes the blue tooth shows up when i use usbinjectall.kext as :

EH02 HP25 Ox1A150000 0x05 USB2 12mps BCM2046B1

So im assuming it is broken and maybe just order a new one, one quick question i could not find can i use clover configurator to temprarily disable any text in the plist?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 18.15.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 18.15.48.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 14
Motherboard
Asus Z390-A
CPU
i7-9700
Graphics
Internal
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed this guide and it worked great.
This is my mapping:
Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 19.11.16.jpg

I have 15 ports total, whereas I don't know what the two black lines ones are.
The only problem is, that I could not integrate the internal usb ports.
When I plugged a device into those, it would not show up in the Hackingtool.
Only the internal USB3 Ports showed. (and I named them)
Since my BT dongle seemd to work better on an internal 2.0 port (sometimes the mouse lags, very annoying)
I would like to activate at least one of these ports.
I could go with trial and error and just change the ports.
When I change the mapping, do I have to install the usbinject patch again, and do all the mappping over?
Thanks for any advice!

oger

Build:
Asus Z390-A 9700K
Using internal graphics
64gb Ram