Graphics
RX 570 8gb HDMI 1920x1080
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Ok. I disable the port limit and it still shows the white listed port. Something is not right?

attached is the IORegistryExplorer file

Excellent!

That makes things much more understandable :thumbup:

Give me a little time to study the IOReg and I'll come back.

Meanwhile, @Gigamaxx asked you to disable the port-limit removal patch because you were testing USBPorts.kext. Doing so allows it to get to work :)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Excellent!

That makes things much more understandable :thumbup:

Give me a little time to study the IOReg and I'll come back.

Meanwhile, @Gigamaxx asked you to disable the port-limit removal patch because you were testing USBPorts.kext. Doing so allows it to get to work :)

I did that. by clicking on the disable box on the kernel patch section. Isn't that the correct way to disable it?

Great, please let me know what you find out from my IORegistryExplorer.

Gigamaxx

Motherboard
GIGABYTE X470 Arous Gaming 7 WiFi
CPU
Ryzen R9 3900X
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
I did that. by clicking on the disable box on the kernel patch section. Isn't that the correct way to disable it?

I repeated the port elimination a few times before it completely took. Generate a new kext each time and test.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming - Clover UEFI 5102
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

Okay ...

Looking at the Hackintool USB screen you posted, you can delete all the PR** ports except PR01. There are 2x of them. The label is "IOUSBHostDevice" and actually they are the two EHCI controller hubs, so you need them.

Next the VIA chipset "piggy-backs" onto SSP3 and SSP4 with 2x 4-port hubs. You also need to keep those.

Once you have taken those into account you still have a total of 24-ports in Hackintool (if my eyesight didn't trick me). This is expected when you have a port-limit removal patch in place.

1) The remaining ports: HP15, HP17, HP18, HP21 - HP26, are USB2 only on the EHC controller. (Bluetooth is on HP15) This gives us 9x ports in total from the Z77's max of 10. Perhaps HP16 is being used by the system elsewere.

2) HSP1 - HSP4 (USB2) and SSP1 - SSP4 (USB3) are the same 4x USB3 ports on XHC. This gives us the full 4x USB3 ports from the Z77 (we count 8x ports USB2 + USB3).

These 17x ports are ones you need to keep and configure. Remember the extra 8x ports hanging off SSP3 and SSP4 are VIA chipset add-ons. So from the total mentioned above you only have to lose 2x ports to get down to the Intel total of 15, so you can create USBPorts.kext and remove the port-limit removal patch.

:)

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390M Gaming - Clover UEFI 5102
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Classic Mac
eMac, iBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
ok I did it again and my Bluetooth that was connected in HP15 is not working but it shows it is active.

Okay ...

Maybe think of moving the Bluetooth USB cable to one of the USB3/XHC internal ports? Check if this is possible when you do the port-discovery. The reason I suggest this is because perhaps bluetooth is getting buried too deep. What type of adapter is it? (You might have said earlier but I've lost track...)

ALSO something still doesn't look right. The Location IDs are duplicated - see blue and red. This might be a 'bug' because this shouldn't happen in a healthy system. Try clearing the Hackintool cache and refreshing it again (Broom icon then circular arrows icon). -->

USB2.jpg

This might look different in IORegistryExplorer so it will be worth checking that again now the ports have been updated.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Okay ...

Maybe think of moving the Bluetooth USB cable to one of the USB3/XHC internal ports? Check if this is possible when you do the port-discovery. The reason I suggest this is because perhaps bluetooth is getting buried too deep. What type of adapter is it? (You might have said earlier but I've lost track...)

ALSO something still doesn't look right. The Location IDs are duplicated - see blue and red. This might be a 'bug' because this shouldn't happen in a healthy system. Try clearing the Hackintool cache and refreshing it again (Broom icon then circular arrows icon). -->

This might look different in IORegistryExplorer so it will be worth checking that again now the ports have been updated.

ok, I did the broom icon Clear all and refresh. I also did a rebuild cache using Kext wizard. and I got this. The previous HP15 is not longer active. Went over plugging the usb2.0 &3.0 to verify the port. This is what I got. See screen shot.

1. HSP3-4 and HP23-24 uses the same SSP4 Hub?
2. HSP2/SSP2 and HSP1/SSP1 is connected from internal USB3.0 hub connection to route to the front of my PC that has 2 ports. (see screen shot)
3. Left port HP17/Right HP18 is connected using the HUB for my back PC which is connected internally label F_USB2 (highlighted in blue)
4. BT usb connected to F_USB1 internally (highlighted in Red). Was showing active before as HP15. after I clear the cache and reloaded the USB port kext from Hackintool. It disappear and can't connect my BT. Where should I connect this BT usb from my wifi card to? I only have two internal USB2.0 and my wire is short to connect. will try to swap F_USB_1 & 2. That didn't work. I swap it and it wouldn't load clover and gave me a blank screen. Unplugged the BT usb from F_Usb2 and kept the other Hub plugged it booted up fine. This is driving me crazy. I have no other place to connect my BT.

PR01 is no where to be found. I don't have any other port available for me to connect to. I do have two other internal F_USB30_3 & F_USB30_2 that is not connected and I don't have any hub to use for it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
OMG!! I think I got it right and some how the SSXX is corrected itself after I clear cache and refresh Hackintool. Then gone over the Port list and reconnected the BT usb wire and it works!! Thanks so much for the help!!!

By looking at the HP15-18, these are used from my F_USB_1&2, swapped it by referring to blue and red arrows. It works after reboot. I'm golden. This is crazy!! its nuts! Thank you thank you for all the help and your time both Gigamaxx and Utter.

What's weird is that PR01 now is label PR11 is a controlling HP15-18. PR21 is controlling HP21-26. by looking at the IORegistryExplorer tree list. Its odd and weird how it is done like that.

Do I need to do the custom SSDT?

Attachments

Motherboard
Yoga 920-13IKB
CPU
i7 8550u
Graphics
UHD620
Hi, I am following your steps. But when I finished the first step: "Step 1 - Install the USBInjectAll.kext and a Port-Limit Removal Patch" and reboot, I cann't use my USB3. Then what should I do? Thanks!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
HD 4600 / Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello @UtterDisbelief! Thanks so much for this write up. Just did a clean install of Catalina and decided to tackle the USB issue for the first time ever. I'm a bit confused about some things on my motherboard, wondering if you could help.

Not sure if I should post here or start a new thread. I've attached screenshots of Hackintool, Clover Configurator, my Clover/kexts/Other folder & my config.plist file (anything else you need I'll get when I get home from work tonight). I did the port limit removal kext patches and the EHC1 & EHC2 renames in Clover Configurator.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 motherboard. It has the following USB ports:
(2) USB 3.0 front (off the internal header)
(2) USB 3.0 rear
(2) USB 2.0 rear
(4) USB 2.0 internal - will remain unused
(4) USB 3.0 rear - unsupported Renesas chipset - not working, and I don't need them to

Ignoring the Renesas and internal 2.0 ports, neither of which I can test/map anyway, here are the things I cannot figure out.

1) in the screenshots, the only thing physically plugged in is the receiver for my wireless keyboard. Why are there four "IOUSBHostDevice" showing active? What do I do with them? Keep? Remove?

2) in Hackintool, I can map the rear 2.0 ports fine. I can map the front two physical ports separately with a USB 2.0 & 3.0 flash drive just fine. However, the two rear USB 3.0 ports work just fine in macOS (mounting the USB drives, reading, writing, using a USB web cam, etc) but never show up as active in Hackintool. So I have no idea their names/numbers are.

The maps for the front USB ports are:
As 2.0: EH01 HP11 0x1D110000, EH01 HP12 0x1D120000
As 3.0: XHC SS01 0x14F00000, XHC SS02 0x14000000

The maps for the two rear 2.0 ports are: EH02 HP25 0x1A150000, EH02 HP26 0x1A160000

Any help with those two issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments