Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hmm... there is sure something strange going on. So I went back to USBInjectAll because I made a mistake in the USBKext.

After seeing all usb ports again (not forgetting to clear cache and refreshing) I did configure a new USBKext.

But if I use that it doesn't work it shows all ports to the portlimit but not the one I configured... either with or without acpi patching.

Will retrace my steps and read through the guide again to check if I make a mistake.

Download the earlier version of IORegistryExplorer here:

... and use that to export your *.ioreg file. The file you uploaded before, is from an incompatible version. Thanks. :thumbup:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X v8-BK4K4P
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1070
Download the earlier version of IORegistryExplorer here:
Is that still a thing? I use IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2 and never had an issue opening someone elses export.

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Is that still a thing? I use IORegistryExplorer 3.0.2 and never had an issue opening someone elses export.

Hi there.

Currently it's only considered "best practice" for simplicity. And there's a clean copy here.

It may be the later versions cured the bug, but both @RehabMan and @toleda warned against it and that has stuck.

I also think few people have access to Apple's Developer downloads - "Hardware IO Tools for Xcode" - is where I believe it's found. A lot do but don't share the file etc.

:)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Why am I not able to see the circle usb showing up when I plugged in my USB 3.0 flash drive and my keyboard/mouse. However, it is working from my OSX that shows up. It shows up when it is plugged into next to the two USB label 'K" that shows up in HSP3 &HSP4. See my screen shots. What do I need to do to get it recognize and pick up in Hackintosh and IORegistryExplorer. I follow the steps here to test the port. Some of my USB port in front of my PC is not showing up too. But it also works in OSX. I can't seem to find what is going on. Am I missing some kext to recognize the other USB that is not showing up?

Unable to find port that associated to PR01 (but shows it is connected?) and PR12 can't seem to find the port.

Any help or suggestions? Is this why my bluetooth usb is ejected after waking up from sleep? It is working but not power managed correctly?

There are so many info and can get lost on it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.39.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.39.56 PM.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.40.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.40.47 PM.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.41.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.41.25 PM.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.55.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.55.44 PM.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.56.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.56.26 PM.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Why am I not able to see the circle usb showing up when I plugged in my USB 3.0 flash drive and my keyboard/mouse. However, it is working from my OSX that shows up. It shows up when it is plugged into next to the two USB label 'K" that shows up in HSP3 &HSP4. See my screen shots. What do I need to do to get it recognize and pick up in Hackintosh and IORegistryExplorer. I follow the steps here to test the port. Some of my USB port in front of my PC is not showing up too. But it also works in OSX. I can't seem to find what is going on. Am I missing some kext to recognize the other USB that is not showing up?

Unable to find port that associated to PR01 (but shows it is connected?) and PR12 can't seem to find the port.

Any help or suggestions? Is this why my bluetooth usb is ejected after waking up from sleep? It is working but not power managed correctly?

There are so many info and can get lost on it.

Hello there.

There are two issues here:

1) Your motherboard features an extra, third-party USB controller alongside the main Intel one. This is often done by manufacturers to provide extra USB3 ports. In this case the add-on is by a company called VIA and it piggy-backs on to some USB2 ports to provide USB3 functionality. Intel USB ports are managed by macOS, but third-party ones are not. They are treated as external and left alone. These ports work but can be invisible or unreliable.

2) Your screen grabs are confusing. In the Hackintool ones you have the EHC/XHC Intel controllers showing but the port names look wrong - SSP3 etc. In the IORegistryExplorer screengrabs the USB2 ports look correct - SS03. Why do the outputs not match? Sorry, I am not sure what is going on here.

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there ! I need help to sort out only 2 USB ports on my build. I managed to sort out all the other ports, but these 2 specifics ones, are not working properly. Before I post screenshots etc... Am I in the right post to ask for help, or should I post somewhere else ?

Last edited:

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT 1030
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there ! I need help to sort out only 2 USB ports on my build. I managed to sort out all the other ports, but these 2 specifics ones, are not working properly. Before I post screenshots etc... Am I in the right post to ask for help, or should I post somewhere else ?

Hi there,

Of course. Did you use the guide to configure the ones which do work?

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes I did follow the guide, but obviously I missed something.

The problem is with the usb3 internal header that lead to the usb 3 ports on the front of the case (HS01 & HS02). As you can see I configured them as internal. They recognise both USB3 and USB2 devices but work only at very low speed. More strange, if I understood all well, SS01 (and the non-existing SS02 ??) should be in use if I stick a usb3 device, but it does not, it stays on HS01/HS02. Also, I could not configure the USB-C port, because of the lack of compatible device.

I join a few screens and pictures to make things more intelligible.

So I guess the question is, where did I screw up ?

Thanx for you help guys !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    782.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 3.png
    3.png
    247 KB · Views: 35
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z370 HERO X
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Yes I did follow the guide, but obviously I missed something.

The problem is with the usb3 internal header that lead to the usb 3 ports on the front of the case (HS01 & HS02). As you can see I configured them as internal. They recognise both USB3 and USB2 devices but work only at very low speed. More strange, if I understood all well, SS01 (and the non-existing SS02 ??) should be in use if I stick a usb3 device, but it does not, it stays on HS01/HS02. Also, I could not configure the USB-C port, because of the lack of compatible device.

I join a few screens and pictures to make things more intelligible.

So I guess the question is, where did I screw up ?

Thanx for you help guys !

Can I ask you an obvious question?
Is the 3.png image the final result of your configuration?
When you start from USBInjectall.kext and the patches in the config.plist, do all the possible ports appear?

Motherboard
Asus Prime Z370-A
CPU
i7 9700K
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes it is the final result after removal of all undesired ports. They all appeared in the first place except ss02...

thanx for helping !