Contribute
Register

The New Beginner's Guide to USB Port Configuration

Hello all - Can't get any usb ports to work. On Big Sur 11.4, USBInjectALL version 0.7.6 installed, and XHCIPortLimit is enabled. The PLR patches for Catalina are entered and enabled based on first post in this thread. HackinTool shows only 1 port active (in green). See screen shot attached. Any help appreciated. Thank you!
what happens when you plug your usb2 and usb3 devices in each port?

There's only 3 ports that work when I plug in a thumb drive. New screen shot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 12.33.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 12.33.07 PM.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 39
The whole EFI partition or just my config.plist file? Thank you!

Here it is. Thank you again!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.2 MB · Views: 42
Hi Feartech - I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you had a chance to see if anything is wrong in my EFI. I really appreciate your help!

Hi Feartech - I just wanted to follow up with you to see if you had a chance to see if anything is wrong in my EFI. I really appreciate your help!
iMac17,1 would be a better choice of smbios for your skylake system

also in hackintool, it may be a good idea to hit the refresh button to remove and refresh the ports then try with your usb2.0 and usb3.0 devices

Ok, so to change to iMac17,1 , I'm going to Clover Configurator, then opening my config.plist on my EFI partition, then going to SMBIOS, then choosing iMac 17,1. Reboot and then go into Hackintool, refresh and then try again? Should I sign out of iCloud and iMessage first as I believe this will mess that up... Thanks!

Ok, so to change to iMac17,1 , I'm going to Clover Configurator, then opening my config.plist on my EFI partition, then going to SMBIOS, then choosing iMac 17,1. Reboot and then go into Hackintool, refresh and then try again? Should I sign out of iCloud and iMessage first as I believe this will mess that up... Thanks!
yes as you will need a new serial number etc

remove the machine from your icloud account as well

Back