Contribute
Register

The most compatible fanless graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

I recently upgraded to the GA-Z87MX-D3H motherboard and am using the Intel Core i5-4690K CPU.

Are there any good fanless graphics card solutions that offer out-of-the-box compatibility with Mavericks and HDMI sound?

Franz

Greetings!

I recently upgraded to the GA-Z87MX-D3H motherboard and am using the Intel Core i5-4690K CPU.

Are there any good fanless graphics card solutions that offer out-of-the-box compatibility with Mavericks and HDMI sound?

Franz

HDMI audio requires additional work with Haswell - see HDMI audio in 'Post Installation' part of the forum. You should be able to find GT640 and GT740 cards available with passive cooling. These will offer an improvement in graphics performance over the standard Intel HD4600 graphics and work out of the box on the video side of things.

HDMI audio requires additional work with Haswell - see HDMI audio in 'Post Installation' part of the forum. You should be able to find GT640 and GT740 cards available with passive cooling. These will offer an improvement in graphics performance over the standard Intel HD4600 graphics and work out of the box on the video side of things.

Yes, I have used those instructions to get the HDMI working for the HD4600 graphics. The ASUS GT640-DCSL-2GD3 is what I see at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KZ4EO4/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=

f.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back