Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
i ended up returning my i5 3550 and i will be getting a i7 2600k.

heres my build thus far. i still have some research to do as far as installing osx with the z77 board and things of that nature. but i have some time to research while my cpu is being rma'd and the i7 shipped out.

Case: Fractal Design R3 (with maximum number of fans)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77 DS3H
CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i7 2600k 3.6gHz quad core (not installed yet)
CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling 13
GPU: EVGA Superclocked GTX 560
RAM: 8GB G.Skill Rip Jaws (will upgrade to 16GB in the future)
SSD: 128GB Crucial M4 Sata III
HDD: 1TB Hitachi Deskstar (will get a SSD for osx)
PSU: Thermaltake TR 750w
DVD: Sony Optiarc
Monitor: 24" Samsung LED

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo1.jpg

lyons238 said:
i ended up returning my i5 3550 and i will be getting a i7 2600k.
heres my build thus far. i still have some research to do as far as installing osx with the z77 board and things of that nature. but i have some time to research while my cpu is being rma'd and the i7 shipped out.
Looks great so far! :thumbup:

Beautiful case. :)

^ thanks man. i think so too :geek:

Looks good. The only thing I'd worry about is the noise coming from the top fans, as I have my Fractal in the same position you do and when I put fans in the top and remove the foam, it becomes a good bit more audible than without them. I find two 120's in the front, one 120 in the back, and one 120 on the bottom works just fine.

Gordo74 said:
Looks good. The only thing I'd worry about is the noise coming from the top fans, as I have my Fractal in the same position you do and when I put fans in the top and remove the foam, it becomes a good bit more audible than without them. I find two 120's in the front, one 120 in the back, and one 120 on the bottom works just fine.

I have 140mms on top and they're quieter than 120mms. And to be honest your fan setup sounds like a no no to me. You have more intake than exhaust. Positive pressure leaves hot spots in the case. Your better off with negative pressure. My case has 3 intake 3 exhaust with slight negative pressure due to the 140s.

Cooling is my main priority. Quietness is a bonus but I just liked the case regardless.

Im thinking about getting the same GPU. Hows it working? Have you tried it on 10.7.4?
Thanks! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back